then who the hell can beat him?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » then who the hell can beat him?!
« Previous Page
POLL: who could beat Lyoto?
Anderson 38% (25)
Shogun 8% (5)
Wand 30% (20)
Chuck 12% (8)
Rampage 5% (3)
or LHW champion Forrest Griffin 8% (5)
eyeforeigneye
7/7/08 7:30:10PM
it would need to be someone who wouldnt take his time trying to feel out Machida, and just go for the kill..
id take any of the Silva's... Wanderlei would be my first pick, followed by Anderson, and then maybe Thiago on a good night.
oh and Shogun would rule him if he was at 100%

i dunno about Chuckles, Forrest, or Rampage... id love to see any of the above fight Machida though.
Matimus
7/7/08 7:47:42PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Matimus

Franklin v Machida #2

Really? You think Franklin would beat him?

I dont know, I just want to see them fight again.
I think Franklin would take him in the stand up this time, I dont think machida would KO him again.
kaskd
7/7/08 7:50:57PM
Rich Franklin is a horrible choice to beat Machida. His striking isn't quick enough, his wrestling isn't good enough. I really don't know who would beat Machida, and I want to see him lose soooo badly. I was going to recommend Hendo, but I doubt Hendo could corner him and grab on. Wanderlei is the head first rusher, but I dunno if even that's enough to catch the evasive Machida. Machida's first move is always sliding back with both feet so he doesn't leave his head or his hips open. It's not a sprawl or a lean back, it's just a slide, which with his footwork he can do for days. You're going to all think I'm crazy, but I say Forrest will be the one to beat him, or whoever is a patient and intelligent champion.

Forrest doesn't have to push the fight to keep the belt (well, not according to this recent judging, but normally). If Forrest is patient Machida will have to come in, and we'll see how well he does on the offensive.
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 7:54:14PM
well actually to think about it i think Hendo would be the perfect fighter to take out machida...he hits super hard and will never be KOd and has top level wrestling plus he can be really aggresive....
warglory
7/7/08 8:20:30PM
Machida is the future of the LHW division, the sooner people realize that, the quicker we can move on from these debates. I relish the day when 90% of the non-believers in this thread will jump onto the Machida bandwagon when he makes short work of Forrest (if he is given his just shot at the title).
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 8:31:21PM

Posted by warglory

Machida is the future of the LHW division, the sooner people realize that, the quicker we can move on from these debates. I relish the day when 90% of the non-believers in this thread will jump onto the Machida bandwagon when he makes short work of Forrest (if he is given his just shot at the title).

well if you think lyoto is so damn good why is chuck and shogun on your p4p list and lyoto is no where to be seen....and you have quinton above lyoto on the LHW list. just because you were/is champion doesnt mean your #1. Bj for example i knew he was the best before he beat Joe....
tepid55
7/7/08 9:39:32PM
Forrest Griffin could out-grapple him.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/7/08 10:07:24PM
mojoy i agree when you say anderson would have the best chance. on a side note: do you think you could use paragraphs? It's annoying to read like that.
Pookie
7/7/08 10:28:13PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

well actually to think about it i think Hendo would be the perfect fighter to take out machida...he hits super hard and will never be KOd and has top level wrestling plus he can be really aggresive....

hendo imo is possibly the easiest high profile fight you could give him.

Watch the fight against misaki.
Ordep
7/8/08 11:26:37AM
all of the above + Thiago Silva
not sure about Liddell though, only if he push forward from the start.

Rampage,Thiago and Wandy will chase him on his back pedals and eventually land something hard.

KYGUY07
7/8/08 1:44:58PM
I think wanderlai or forrest would beat him, but I think he beats everybody else
JBatch
7/8/08 5:10:43PM
Machida is one smart/cautious fighter he attacks only on his terms and appears to be running due to his constant changing of angles. I don't find his fights overly interesting but do agree he is a very good fighter. He can be beat though and on that list the most likely to beat him I would say in order is Liddell, Page then Wand and Shogun. He could also beat them I continually underestimate his evasiveness and effective striking.
Hillbilly
7/8/08 5:37:09PM
Machida vs Couture
Scott_Revels
7/8/08 6:06:51PM
I picked Anderson. Just really because I want to see them fight.
warglory
7/8/08 6:56:16PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by warglory

well if you think lyoto is so damn good why is chuck and shogun on your p4p list and lyoto is no where to be seen....and you have quinton above lyoto on the LHW list. just because you were/is champion doesnt mean your #1. Bj for example i knew he was the best before he beat Joe....

Because I haven't updated my p4p list in ages, and up until last weekend, Rampage was the p4p best in the world at LHW. Despite Machida's amazing skills, he doesn't deserve the #1 spot...yet.
warglory
7/8/08 6:58:56PM

Posted by Hillbilly

Machida vs Couture

As much as I like Machida, I actually think Couture would be one of the few who could beat him at LHW.
Pages: 1 [2]