Heavyweight Rankings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Heavyweight Rankings
POLL: If Sylvia beats Fedor, who should be #1 HW?
Big Nog 69% (11)
Fedor 19% (3)
Sylvia 6% (1)
Barnett? 0% (0)
AA? 0% (0)
Don King? 6% (1)
Pitbull09
6/18/08 4:17:06AM
After Affliction, somehow lets say Sylvia wins. Imagine how much chaos this causes for rankings. It will be like the Liddell/Wanderlei/Rampage problem except worse cause this is different promotions so champs are hard to determine.
The arguements would be for either Big Nog, Fedor, or Sylvia being number one.
-Big Nog should be because he is current UFC champ and Fedor (who has beaten him) isn;t doing good any more and has beaten Sylvia also.
-Sylvia should be because he beat the #1 Heavyweight in the world and also has noteable wins over AA (who might also have a good night)
-Fedor should remain #1 as he fought a top ten guy and though he lost, Nog lost every fight to him and Sylvia simply isnt #1 material because of one fight.

I truly think this match could shake up the HW division, even lower fights could effect rankings greatly. So here is the question. I know I cant say if Sylvia won by how bad, but if he did win (dominating or close decision), who would be your #1 HW fighter in your rankings?

I added other choices just to see what happens
ohiostate1016
6/18/08 9:29:41AM
I have Nog ranked no. 1 right now, and I know that Tim wouldn't overtake him (seeing as how Nog already beat Tim).

What we need is another fight b/t Nog and Fedor.
Pitbull09
6/18/08 3:18:05PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I have Nog ranked no. 1 right now, and I know that Tim wouldn't overtake him (seeing as how Nog already beat Tim).

What we need is another fight b/t Nog and Fedor.

Sadly though, we can't see that match up so its almost like what we had with Pride. Rankings are way more opinionated and could be less accurate since the fighters arn't in the same org.
king_katool
6/18/08 4:25:07PM
i have nog at #1 if fedor wins ill put him there if he loses ill have to see how bad close dec. he'll stay #2 if tim KO's him i guess id have to move timmy up
bls1919
6/18/08 4:40:30PM
This Card really does throw a monkey wrench in the gears of the top HWs of the world. What if brother Aleks loses to Paul Buentello. that would be a huge win for him as wello. Then theres barnett...who knows. We will have to wait until the 19 i geuss
Aaronno9
6/18/08 4:48:14PM
I really dont know, i mean, i just cant justify putting nog over fedor after fedor dominated him twice already.

I guess it depends on the fashion tim wins, i mean, if he comes in and absolutly stomps fedor and beating the shit out of him, i might consider 1. nog 2. tim 3. fedor. But if its kinda like a reverse of the tim nog fight and fedors dominating then tim just catches him and knocks him out, id most likely stick with the order ive got now, i think its fedor nog then tim.
Pookie
6/19/08 6:10:07AM
If TIm Sylvia wins and it doesnt have to do with a cut id move fedor to 2 and if fedor really gets beat down id move Sylvia to 2. Nog #1.

But when fedor wins hes still #1.