Former UFC heavyweight contender Jeff Monson charged with a felony

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Former UFC heavyweight contender Jeff Monson charged with a felony
MMAcca
1/15/09 1:16:14AM
Former UFC Heavyweight Title competitor Jeff Monson has been charged with first degree malicious mischief in Washington for allegedly spray painting an anarchy symbol on the state capitol building. The action was caught on photograph in an article from ESPN the Magazine.

The report comes courtesy of the The Olympian newspaper.

LINK
Trench777
1/15/09 1:53:50AM
Whats not mentioned in the article, is just prior to this sad occurance, Monson was seen getting someone to buy him a 6-pack of beer just before he cruised over & toilet papered his vice-principal's trees. His mother was overheard asking "Where did we go wrong, Jeffy?"

W...T...F? Dude is making the TUF frat boyz look mature by contrast.

T777

P.S. The good news for him is, he's gonna be the biggest, baddest mother ****** in juvie.
jay98107
1/15/09 2:05:53AM

Posted by Trench777

Whats not mentioned in the article, is just prior to this sad occurance, Monson was seen getting someone to buy him a 6-pack of beer just before he cruised over & toilet papered his vice-principal's trees. His mother was overheard asking "Where did we go wrong, Jeffy?"

T777

P.S. The good news for him is, he's gonna be the biggest, baddest mother ****** in juvie.

I think you're mistaking Jeff Monson with a juvenile 15 year old who just listened to a Rage Against the Machine album. He has a masters degree in Psychology, and believes that anarchy is the best form of government. I'm not saying anarchy is good in any way, but Monson isn't a god damn moron.
xAcidburNx
1/15/09 4:09:13AM
the worlds biggest known psychopaths were usually extremely intelligent
jakeiceman
1/15/09 4:23:19AM

Posted by Trench777

T777

I will give it to you, that was pretty funny.

On topic though, Monson is batshit crazy but he is a very smart guy. It seems juvenile but I'm sure he planned out every detail and I am sure that he planned on being caught. I in no way support anarchy but the guy has a big set a brass balls thats for sure.
Manfred
1/15/09 4:40:38AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pskinner_mma314
1/15/09 5:32:53AM

Posted by xAcidburNx

for example, Hitler was most definitely a psycho, take an advanced history class at almost any college and u can hear about alot of his(not the nazi regime), but his...........well strange habits.

but to captivate an entire culture/people/country the way he did, though he was most definitely evil, you cannot deny that he was one of the greatest leaders this world has ever seen.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I DON'T HATE JEWS NOR DO I AGREE WITH HITLERS PHILOSOPHYS.......................sensitive douchebags
voodoo-jitsu
1/15/09 5:54:30AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by xAcidburNx

for example, Hitler was most definitely a psycho, take an advanced history class at almost any college and u can hear about alot of his(not the nazi regime), but his...........well strange habits.

instead of taking a history class just watch the history channel during hitler week
cmb19932
1/15/09 7:24:16AM
well its about god damn time i was waiting for him to do this i called it months ago
Manfred
1/15/09 10:02:05AM
They aught to also look into "Highway Robbery" charges for whoever got paid $19,000 to remove it!
artofdefense
1/15/09 10:05:43AM
Jeff Monson is the MAN for doing that!

I'm an anarchist as well, and I love it when the movement gets exposure, hope Jeff can do a little legal weaseling and get a slap on the wrist.
prozacnation1978
1/15/09 10:53:45AM
monson should his intelligience by tagging a goverment building while getting a pic
it would have been classic if he posed and smiled with his thumb in the air
Darnok
1/15/09 11:12:26AM

Posted by Manfred

They aught to also look into "Highway Robbery" charges for whoever got paid $19,000 to remove it!

I was thinking the same thing. Well that and "how do I get a job painting government buildings".
Sir_Karl
1/15/09 11:51:04AM
Thumbs Up Jeff!
I can't believe that's a felony though.
Insane.
Good for him though.
scoozna
1/15/09 11:56:04AM

Posted by artofdefense

I'm an anarchist as well, and I love it when the movement gets exposure, hope Jeff can do a little legal weaseling and get a slap on the wrist.

Oh yes, he, and the movement, got exposed quite a bit here. I previously believed Rogan's hype that he was smart.
Aether
1/15/09 12:09:59PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by artofdefense

Oh yes, he, and the movement, got exposed quite a bit here. I previously believed Rogan's hype that he was smart.

I don't see how his actions are representative of his intelligence in any way. He wanted to make a statement, I'm sure he knew he would probably get caught, whether he knew it was considered a felony or not is another matter. Either way whether you agree with him or not you can't judge his intelligence based solely on the knowledge that he spraypainted a symbol onto a building.
fizzle
1/15/09 1:55:33PM

Posted by Aether
I don't see how his actions are representative of his intelligence in any way. He wanted to make a statement, I'm sure he knew he would probably get caught, whether he knew it was considered a felony or not is another matter. Either way whether you agree with him or not you can't judge his intelligence based solely on the knowledge that he spraypainted a symbol onto a building.

I couldn't agree more, what would be the general consensus on all of us if we were judged because of one thing we've done in the past. Big deal, so he spray painted a symbol on a wall... that doesn't make him a horrible person or any less of an intelligent person.
colescar
1/15/09 2:31:10PM
Hell Yeah!

I give him mad props for it. I don't believe anarchy is the answer, but in my 28 years I've yet to see much proof that democracy is any better. Oh wait, we are a Republic, not a democracy.

Whatever, way to go Munson.

Funny how this little incident has sparked the first politicalish debate on MMAP.
Manfred
1/15/09 2:53:22PM

Posted by colescar

Funny how this little incident has sparked the first politicalish debate on MMAP.

LOL
Judging by your post count, I'm guessing you don't come to the forums much. There have been MANY, HEATED political debates here. So much that so that the MODS had to ban all them about a month ago.
Aether
1/15/09 6:50:33PM
yeah the locker room has a disclaimer that no political hot topics like abortion are to be discussed now because of it. heh.
higdon10
1/15/09 7:07:06PM

Posted by colescar

Most ridiculous post Ive read in a while on here.
FredThaGR8
1/16/09 9:30:29PM
If anyone can get a hold of Monson tell him I'll hide him in my basement and we'll do drugs and train together..... by the way free Lee Murray.
xAcidburNx
1/17/09 5:33:12PM

Posted by FredThaGR8

If anyone can get a hold of Monson tell him I'll hide him in my basement and we'll do drugs and train together..... by the way free Lee Murray.

i missed this one. what happend to lee murray
artofdefense
1/20/09 4:32:53PM
He's getting railroaded by both the British and Morrocan (sP) police...
bls1919
1/20/09 4:59:47PM
Murray was supposedly behind a huge bank heist. As for Monson i say way to prove your point, but ehh do it next time without the cops.
colescar
1/26/09 4:36:02PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by colescar

LOL
Judging by your post count, I'm guessing you don't come to the forums much. There have been MANY, HEATED political debates here. So much that so that the MODS had to ban all them about a month ago.

I'm workin on it, I'm workin on it. Its gonna be hard to catch up to you guys. I seriously never see political debates on here... But I usually just read the stories on the main page..

You vetrans are harsh..