UFC heavyweight champ, Junior dos Santos recently told Sports Illustrated that he thinks he can KO boxing’s heavyweight king

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC heavyweight champ, Junior dos Santos recently told Sports Illustrated that he thinks he can KO boxing’s heavyweight king
postman
10/31/12 11:42:42AM
“I could beat [Wladimir Klitschko], man. Maybe not easy, but I could knock him out. I watch a lot of fights with Wladimir, and I see a lot of holes. Wladimir, the Klitschkos, they’re amazing.

BJ Penn.com

I doubt it
ghandikush
10/31/12 1:03:51PM
Klitchkos arent athletic and they are old. I would be interested in seeing the fight but Junior would probably be thrown and outlanded all night.
SmileR
10/31/12 1:44:12PM
. . .No he couldn't.
george112
10/31/12 8:08:42PM
Punching with boxing gloves is VASTLY different then say his UFC gloves.

with UFC gloves- eh maybe

With boxing gloves- I'm thinking not
sbulldavid
10/31/12 11:16:02PM
He could if he ever got close enough, more likely he gets picked apart for twelve rounds or finished late in a boxing match
fullerene
11/2/12 9:14:09AM

Posted by ghandikush

Klitchkos arent athletic and they are old. I would be interested in seeing the fight but Junior would probably be thrown and outlanded all night.

Wladamir is very athletic for a HW. And he's not that old.
fullerene
11/2/12 9:20:23AM
The top HWs in the world (Haye, Adamek, Povetkin) have little chance againt the Klitshkos right now.

The talented prospects with a dozen or more fights and full amateur careers (Mitchell, Fury, Wilder) would probably lose to Haye, Adamek, etc. at this point in their careers.

The guys who just finished fighting at the Olympics and are turning pro now are not ready for the likes of Fury and Wilder.

Most guys with a full amateur career don't even make it to the Olympic trials...much less have a chance of competing with the guys who win at the Olympics.

Fighters with full amateur careers generally beat part-time boxers and guys who cross over from other combat sports. This is the category Dos Santos is in. As a talented, conditioned. dedicated fighter I think he can probalby hang with many (but not all) good amateur fighters. So I can see bumping him up to the paragraph above, but you can still see where I place him relative to being able to hang with Wlad and Vitali.

Adam_Buru
11/11/12 12:23:17PM
Keep dreaming Junior.

And LOL @ whoever said Wladimir Klitschko isn't athletic.