heath looks big

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » heath looks big
Next Page »
MFOTHER
8/8/08 5:21:35PM
just watchin the wegh ins. He is taller than brock , and only gives up 15 pounds

Also looks like he's in great shape ..more defined than ive sen him..i will post a pic when its up....

brock-265
heath-250
handstrong
8/8/08 5:31:32PM
I am really surprised at the percentage of people NOT giving Herring a chance. How does a guy with a 500 record in two UFC fights get favored to win against a guy who's gone the distance with Fedor and Nogiera just to name two? I admit there's a good chance Lesnar can finish this guy, but considering how hard it's been in the past to finish Herring, specifically Fedor not being able to finish him, why isn't anyone giving him a chance? I'm picking Herring catching him in a submission in the first round.
MFOTHER
8/8/08 5:41:58PM
im assuming that was just a general statement, because i have given heath the chance since the fight changed from coleman. I jumped on t when he was the underdog, and expect him to pull the w. I only see brock getting lucky tko call (depends on the ref) or a lay and pray victory, anything would really impress me.
NewGuy
8/8/08 6:19:24PM
I agree Brock is flash in the pan who has never flashed.
Jackelope
8/8/08 6:22:04PM

Posted by MFOTHER

im assuming that was just a general statement, because i have given heath the chance since the fight changed from coleman. I jumped on t when he was the underdog, and expect him to pull the w. I only see brock getting lucky tko call (depends on the ref) or a lay and pray victory, anything would really impress me.

I agree. There's very little ways for Brock to win this fight.

1) GnP TKO
2) LnP decision

Herring could take it any myriad of ways

1)KO on the feet
2)Submission on the ground
3)Ground and pound TKO
4)He could reverse Lesnar's takedowns once they're on the ground and get the decision himself

postman
8/8/08 6:25:44PM
I was picking Brock until today I changed my mind.
jgtribbett
8/8/08 6:31:12PM

Posted by handstrong

I am really surprised at the percentage of people NOT giving Herring a chance. How does a guy with a 500 record in two UFC fights get favored to win against a guy who's gone the distance with Fedor and Nogiera just to name two? I admit there's a good chance Lesnar can finish this guy, but considering how hard it's been in the past to finish Herring, specifically Fedor not being able to finish him, why isn't anyone giving him a chance? I'm picking Herring catching him in a submission in the first round.

Everyone should watch the Herring/Erikson fight from PrideFC.

Erikson is a huge freestyle wrestler, who was in the game longer... AND way better at wrestling that brock.

oh, and btw... herring won that fight
imanidiot777
8/8/08 6:33:32PM
How can we say Brock has NO stand up game? He's had two fights, both on the ground in seconds, for all we know over the last 5 months since the Mir fight he could have been training a lot of stand up, who knows?

That's a wonderful thing about this fight is that since Brock is still learning everything he can, you never know what he'll do in the beginning. If he gets pressured hard he'll go to what he knows best and ground it out but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and stand for the first few.
Pookie
8/8/08 6:35:30PM

Posted by imanidiot777

How can we say Brock has NO stand up game? He's had two fights, both on the ground in seconds, for all we know over the last 5 months since the Mir fight he could have been training a lot of stand up, who knows?

That's a wonderful thing about this fight is that since Brock is still learning everything he can, you never know what he'll do in the beginning. If he gets pressured hard he'll go to what he knows best and ground it out but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and stand for the first few.

Hes stated hes been working extensively in bjj, which although is the smart choice for his career...it shouldnt be what hes training against herring
Rush
8/8/08 6:55:36PM

Posted by MFOTHER

just watchin the wegh ins. He is taller than brock , and only gives up 15 pounds

brock-265
heath-250

Assuming Lesnar didn't cut any weight, which I am sure he did.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/8/08 6:59:04PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by MFOTHER

brock-265
heath-250

exactly. Brock will come in closer to 280.
juanez13
8/8/08 7:10:06PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by imanidiot777

Hes stated hes been working extensively in bjj, which although is the smart choice for his career...it shouldnt be what hes training against herring

He is counting on his ability to take the figth to the ground whenever he wants, so IMO he should be training BJJ more than anything else at this time, even if he had trained alot of stand up in his training camp it still wouldnt be smart for him to strike with Heath. He'll need the BJJ when he gets to the ground so he doesnt get cuaght in subs, and equally important he doesnt get reversed from the bottom (ala Herring did to Kongo).

As long as Brock sets up his shots well and doesnt play stupid running across the cage, head down for the shot, he'll have no problem getting the takedowns. Its whether he'll be able to keep heath down and stay out of subs, and not get KO'd on the feet while the fight is standing, which both may very well happen.
I have Brock 55/45 to win this fight, but it may very well be the other way around.
postman
8/8/08 7:15:49PM

Posted by imanidiot777

It's going to take more then 5 months to become a good striker. not to mention his build isn't going to help him strike at all.
jiujitsufreak74
8/8/08 8:00:29PM
Heath is the best shape of his life, just take a look:

Pitbull09
8/8/08 8:10:27PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Heath is the best shape of his life, just take a look:

Temps me to switch my pick
Mchubb316
8/8/08 9:21:17PM
Heath looks like a beast. Brock always looks like a beast. Heath has more experience, more fights, better submission, and can win the fight in more ways that brock. I'm still picking Brock in this fight. I don't know why, but I just think he is gonna be good, and he has come a long ways since he started the MMA aspect of his career.
RandyCouture
8/8/08 9:24:46PM
Anybody who has a tattoo of a sword with brass knucks as the handle is going to win for sure. So i guess lesnar wins
jawbreaker517
8/8/08 9:27:01PM
I was really surprised at how in shape Heath looked. Evidentally he's been putting in work and we may see the best Heath we've seen in awhile. Coming off a big win against Kongo, his confidence is probably pretty high. On the flip side of the coin, Lesnar's power is unmatched, but how is his cardio? We saw him beat on Mir for alittle while, but never really saw him stand and bang. I predict an early takedown for Lesnar, but ultimately think Heath has seen every kind of fighter under the sun and is ready to win.
mrkennedy
8/8/08 9:36:00PM
yeah he is in great shape but brock gone a still kill him
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/8/08 9:43:54PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAA YEEES gives me even more confidence in my av bet... and possibly will finally add herring in my parlay... i dont know... it's tempting... WAAAAAR HERRING
Diamondback2
8/8/08 10:03:06PM
i was there for thw weigh in's, like 2 rows behind hughes, and Brock looked HUGEEEEE!!! Everyone around me was saying "wow" when he took his shirt off. Heath looked alot smaller, but in awsome shape nonetheless.
jawbreaker517
8/8/08 10:13:05PM

Posted by mrkennedy

I highly doubt Brock is going to kill Heath. Size isn't always the deciding factor in a fight. People were saying the same thing about Mir before their fight, but all is it takes is one rookie mistake. Heath has over 50 mma fights. Brock, 2. Nuff said.
candynuts
8/8/08 10:46:38PM
Herring looks to be in great shape, which is awesome! Lesnar however looked a lot bigger than him. I'm a Heavyweight fanboy so I am most excited for this fight!
Aether
8/8/08 11:18:46PM
I'm having trouble with this fight. I picked Lesnar initially but I'm still not sure. Heath does look to be in great shape and that might end up making me change my mind because he's obviously more experienced... tough call, we don't have enough information about Brock yet.
RNC
8/8/08 11:41:40PM
If it wasn't for Heaths performance against Kongo I would pick him. But you know what, I just wasn't impressed at all. Him and Kongo had almost an equal ground game, and if thats what he brings to this fight, Brock is going to control him and GNP all fight.
JBatch
8/9/08 1:08:53AM
I had HH until about last night. I don`t know why and I`ll probably regret it but I can see Lesnar absolutely smashing HH in the first and Heath just may not get up.
bls1919
8/9/08 1:10:26AM
he looked good at the weigh ins. I have Heath gutting this one out. sub late 2nd early third.
mrkennedy
8/9/08 2:46:41AM

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by mrkennedy

I highly doubt Brock is going to kill Heath. Size isn't always the deciding factor in a fight. People were saying the same thing about Mir before their fight, but all is it takes is one rookie mistake. Heath has over 50 mma fights. Brock, 2. Nuff said.

i dont even talk about the size difference and im agree with you but brock gone a kill him
Jackelope
8/9/08 12:03:49PM

Posted by RandyCouture

Anybody who has a tattoo of a sword with brass knucks as the handle is going to win for sure. So i guess lesnar wins

Somebody has a tattoo of a sword with brass knuckles on the handle? Who????
Kracker_Jap
8/9/08 12:41:11PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by Rush

Posted by MFOTHER

brock-265
heath-250

exactly. Brock will come in closer to 280.

This was the sharpest I have seen Lesan in along time did you guys see the abs showing through on the 265 giant.... I agree he will be fighting at more like 275-290lbs

I'm going on a limb and picking the giant but in the end I believe Heath will win
Pages: [1] 2