Heath Ledger found dead in New York apartment.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Heath Ledger found dead in New York apartment.
SmileR
1/22/08 5:48:23PM
Hollywood actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence, a New York Police Department spokesman has said.

Heres the Link

I know this has got noting to do with mma but he was a awesome actor.
My thoughts an prayers are with his family.
DCRage
1/22/08 6:14:37PM
This is the off-topic forum anyway so it's alright.

He also plays the Joker in yet-to-be-released Batman film, The Dark Knight.

I don't plan to see that film but when I read this the first person I thought of was Raul Julia, his final film role was in a yet-to-be-released film when he died (the live-action version of "Street Fighter"). I don't really care much for his work, but it's still shocking to read that it might've been suicide, he seemed to have an awful lot going for him (big movie roles, that Oscar nomination a couple years ago, etc.).
cowcatcher
1/22/08 6:40:43PM
the guy was only 28, and its always sad to see a person die so young. if they do a big string of batman movies im guessing the joker will only appear in the dark knight now and that sucks, but id dislike seeing another person come in and take over a role every other movie like the old batmans did(after returns). whos the first heartless a-hole that makes a brokeback mountain reference going to be....
cmill21
1/22/08 6:51:16PM
I can't believe he might have killed himself, I mean he's got a two year old.
iwannabesedated
1/22/08 7:02:36PM
I overheard some chicks talking at work that he was found in the Olsen Twins Aparment?...I dont know if theres any truth but some gossip i heard at work.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/22/08 8:42:38PM
Well damn... young actor dies of a overdose... deja vu?
Pookie
1/22/08 8:46:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the guy was only 28, and its always sad to see a person die so young. if they do a big string of batman movies im guessing the joker will only appear in the dark knight now and that sucks, but id dislike seeing another person come in and take over a role every other movie like the old batmans did(after returns). whos the first heartless a-hole that makes a brokeback mountain reference going to be....

i heard he died when he broke his back on a mountain...

j/k all seriousness though its a shame, i heard his acting for the dark knight was award worthy too.
richieb19
1/22/08 9:16:12PM
WILLLIIIIIAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I know that was in bad taste, but it had to be done...
Vietnamese_Guy
1/22/08 9:19:11PM
oh man, so many potential distasteful jokes, so little time..

but seriously, goddamnit, they gonna kill off joker again?
Manfred
1/22/08 11:05:27PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I overheard some chicks talking at work that he was found in the Olsen Twins Aparment?...I dont know if theres any truth but some gossip i heard at work.

The first reports had him in one of the Olsens apartment, but her agent said she has a different apt. in the building.

Anyways, RIP, he was a good actor who took risky roles instead of relying on his looks. He was great in Monsters ball
SpiderSilva
1/22/08 11:06:49PM
I heard he plays a better Joker that Jack Nickelson a lot more scary plus Batman begains was teh best batman to date
loller90278
1/23/08 12:49:22AM

Posted by richieb19

a and a at the same time..
rabbit915
1/23/08 1:12:38AM
I heard this today and was a little upset. He always seemed like he would be a really cool guy.

I havent heard any of the suicide talk, what i heard was potential overdose.

I secretly wonder if he will become the James Dean of my generation. That might be a little extreme though. Maybe more like a River Phoenix.
CornishMMA
1/23/08 10:20:12AM

Posted by rabbit915

I havent heard any of the suicide talk, what i heard was potential overdose.

Ermm isnt that the same thing, you cant accidentally take 20 paracetamol can you?

This is a bit messed up and out of the blue, never seen his work but he did seem to have a alot going for him so who knows what happened
Rush
1/23/08 10:36:56AM
The report I read said that he was found dead and sleeping pills were nearby. There is no evidence that it was a suicide thus far.

They are doing an autopsy today.
madmarck
1/23/08 11:38:27AM

Posted by richieb19

Despite being corny A Knights tale was a pretty good movie.
richieb19
1/23/08 1:19:59PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by richieb19

Despite being corny A Knights tale was a pretty good movie.

Very corny, but I agree. I just always laughed at the fact that he screamed out his own name for no apperant reason...