Heath Herring could replace Mark Coleman at UFC 87

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Heath Herring could replace Mark Coleman at UFC 87
Next Page »
kastro_316
5/23/08 12:26:18PM
MMAorganizatons.com

Reports comming out of certain fight camps and some sources have surfaced that the UFC is ugently seeking someone to fill Mark Coleman's slot against Brock Lesnar.

Sources have led to the UFC in talks with Heath Herring's camp as a replacement, but nothing is official yet.
TWITA
5/23/08 12:33:25PM
I see Herring V. Obrien part II written all over that one.
babytater03
5/23/08 12:41:25PM
Wow. I thought they would have protected that investment a little more.
wolfman
5/23/08 12:41:59PM

Posted by TWITA

EDIT: N/M....
creativedestruction
5/23/08 12:47:19PM

Posted by TWITA

Exactly what I was thinking. Only worse. I like this fight and Lesnar should win.
IriShame
5/23/08 12:51:23PM
Heath Herring takes it. 2nd round KO.
imanidiot777
5/23/08 1:00:53PM
I don't know enough about Herring but from the little I've seen, there haven't been submissions, therefore I say Lesnar wins by GNP.
lordicast
5/23/08 1:22:37PM
YES YES YES, after this no WWE wrestler will ever crosstrain into MMA. Herring would make a clear cut example of lesner!
pv3Hpv3p
5/23/08 1:27:47PM
Wow... A lot of you guys are seeming like this is a gimme for Lesnar.. This would be a super tough fight for him and I see Heath dominating it standing then pulling off a sub from his back, kimura would make sense to me
Mchubb316
5/23/08 1:39:53PM
Herring is a vet, and will give Lesnar trouble. Lesnar looked good for about 45 seconds against Mir. I wouldn't give this a free pass for Brock, but I do think he can take Herring down and win via GnP.
Cdellorso
5/23/08 1:48:22PM
I see the article but it does not say why coleman is out?? Injury?? Roids?? age limit??

He was going to lose via 1st round tko anyway.... wonder whats up??
holt8081
5/23/08 1:49:18PM
That would be a good one to see
wrona666
5/23/08 1:50:08PM
Herring is not very impressive at all, but i can see him winning this fight just based on experience.......
grappler0000
5/23/08 2:06:18PM

Posted by Cdellorso

I see the article but it does not say why coleman is out?? Injury?? Roids?? age limit??

He was going to lose via 1st round tko anyway.... wonder whats up??

Knee injury
bigbubbano23
5/23/08 2:24:51PM

Posted by lordicast

YES YES YES, after this no WWE wrestler will ever crosstrain into MMA. Herring would make a clear cut example of lesner!

yea ok dude. wait until you see the face off and then you tell me how confident you are.
Coloss
5/23/08 2:27:12PM
1st round- Lesnar by murder
billycarnage
5/23/08 2:31:58PM
Herring is a studd! He has a lot left in him. He will beat Lesnar. He may take punishment but the guy can hang with the best (Big Nog, Fedor etc.). I think that this would be more exciting than the Coleman fight but gutsy on the UFC's behalf because Lesnar won't be impressing anyone on this night.
The-Don
5/23/08 2:36:31PM
This should be a clash of the titans kinda match.. both guys are strong.. Neither is afraid to stand and throw punches.. . I doubt this makes it past the first round... and I am not sure who would win at the point.. I'll have to watch some of the more recent Herring fights before I decide...
gsquat
5/23/08 2:53:15PM
Hmm. Seems as though Lesnar is the only one who has something to gain.
ThePlague
5/23/08 2:55:08PM

Posted by babytater03

My thoughts exactly. I'd be perfectly happy to see him fight someone like Eddie Sanchez or Soa Palalei.
lordicast
5/23/08 2:58:02PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

Posted by lordicast

yea ok dude. wait until you see the face off and then you tell me how confident you are.

Very Confident! Herring is top notch fighter, who fights the toughest competition!
So he didnt look that impressive over Kongo but who has??? Mirko?
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/23/08 3:02:37PM

Posted by gsquat

Last guy to beat Lesnar is a coach on TUF with a title shot. It seems Heath has plenty to gain.

I am shocked that UFC is putting this fight on. So, I Guess this is a #1 contender match. Lesnar is on the totally opposite path (in terms of quality fighters) from Kimbo. Lesnar's opponents> Kimbo's opponents.

Odds on the new matchup? I would guess fairly even but won't be surprissed if Lesnar is favored.
juanez13
5/23/08 3:03:45PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Wow... A lot of you guys are seeming like this is a gimme for Lesnar.. This would be a super tough fight for him and I see Heath dominating it standing then pulling off a sub from his back, kimura would make sense to me

i defenately dont consider this a gimme for lesnar, but considering how easy O'brien controlled him and took him down, and how Nogueira took him down at will (who has bad takedowns), i dont see herring keeping this fight standing. From the top herring might pull of a sub, but i doubt it. I'd say lesnar takes a decision, since it would take alot to finish herring.
rabbit915
5/23/08 3:13:58PM
To me the one unknown in this fight is Lesnar's chin. We still dont know if he can take a punch. If he has a weak chin, then my money is on Herring. But if he can take a beating, i think he will overpower Herring.
loller90278
5/23/08 3:16:02PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

i defenately dont consider this a gimme for lesnar, but considering how easy O'brien controlled him and took him down, and how Nogueira took him down at will (who has bad takedowns), i dont see herring keeping this fight standing. From the top herring might pull of a sub, but i doubt it. I'd say lesnar takes a decision, since it would take alot to finish herring.

keep in mind that herring had a torn ACL in that fight.

if herring can last through the beginning onslaught, and sprawl and brawl through rounds, he should take this.
lordicast
5/23/08 3:27:17PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by juanez13

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

keep in mind that herring had a torn ACL in that fight.

if herring can last through the beginning onslaught, and sprawl and brawl through rounds, he should take this.

The begining onslaught should look similar to the Mir fight, but did you see Lesner face when he was G'n'Ping he looked stressed, nervous and was holding his breath. Watch the tape, your not going to last long holding your breath throwing punches. Cardio is going to win this fight somthing im sure herring knows is conditioning for a MMA fight. Some could argue that Lesner has conditioning because of his wrestling but keep in mind you dont throw full force punches in wrestling.
bullettdodger
5/23/08 3:31:59PM
I have no difficulty seeing Herring pull off a sub (kimoura most likely) from the bottom or anything of the sort... BUT i am exceedingly worried of Lesner's size, speed, and work Ethic being too much for Herring. I think he can weather the storm, but Herring has often neglected cardio in the past. I hope he continues with the new leaf he has turned over. I would love to see herring put Lesner away but im also a little worried as to how much Lesner has improved. Only reason i don't like this match up is because i like Herring and don't want to see him suffocated to death (or tko) by Lesner's immense Girth (ie laying on top of him and smothering him with his body mass for people who didn't get where i was going with that)
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/23/08 3:35:57PM
WAR HERRING!
The-Don
5/23/08 3:38:39PM

Posted by ThePlague

Posted by babytater03

My thoughts exactly. I'd be perfectly happy to see him fight someone like Eddie Sanchez or Soa Palalei.

I am glad to see the UFC not giving brock roll over oppenents.. It is a trial by fire... I think over time brock will surprise people.. THis is still too tough a fight to call at the moment... That is if it is even finalized yet...
gartface
5/23/08 3:44:56PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by gsquat

Last guy to beat Lesnar is a coach on TUF with a title shot. It seems Heath has plenty to gain.

I am shocked that UFC is putting this fight on. So, I Guess this is a #1 contender match. Lesnar is on the totally opposite path (in terms of quality fighters) from Kimbo. Lesnar's opponents> Kimbo's opponents.

Odds on the new matchup? I would guess fairly even but won't be surprissed if Lesnar is favored.

Mir definitely didn't deserve that btw. And there really is nothing to gain for Herring. He needs to be fighting the winner of the Werdum/Vera fight.
Pages: [1] 2