Heath Herring To Face Brock Lesnar at UFC 87

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Heath Herring To Face Brock Lesnar at UFC 87
Next Page »
imanidiot777
5/24/08 10:07:17AM
It's official now, what do you think?

MMAWeekly
keith-hackney1
5/24/08 10:23:39AM
I personally think this is a silly move for lesnars career in the ufc, dont forget herring was fed to kongo as a stepping stone and herring dominated him, i pick herring as his experience is undoubtably the winning formular in this fight.
Shidrax
5/24/08 10:28:37AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I personally think this is a silly move for lesnars career in the ufc, dont forget herring was fed to kongo as a stepping stone and herring dominated him, i pick herring as his experience is undoubtably the winning formular in this fight.

He dominated him so much that he won by split decision...

It should be a good fight in any case.
nickcuc547
5/24/08 10:30:47AM
i think brock is going down again, this is a very experienced vet who has fought and beat much better guys than brock lesnar.
CornishMMA
5/24/08 10:40:29AM
I still find it amazing people cant post news correctly, it warns you to read the guidelines before posting but people always leave out the blurb and just wrote stuff like that

i posted my thoughts in the other thread, its a shame theres always 2 thread, the rumored one then the confirmed one , cant be bothered to post in both but in short its a better fight than before and tough to call but im leaning towards Brock UD
JoeySteel
5/24/08 10:51:02AM
I think this will be a great fight. I wanna see how Lesner fairs against a HW other than a BJJ dude.
mrsmiley
5/24/08 10:59:57AM
This will be 10000000000000000000000X's better than Lesnar fighting Coleman.I'm more pumped for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eazy_V
5/24/08 11:10:16AM
Yeah, I agree.

Even if Lensar had beaten Coleman, it wouldn't have proved anything. He would have beaten a 43 year old vet who hadn't fought in 21 months. This is a much better fight for Lesnar, and not a bad one for Herring, as it could be another big name for him to knock off.

Should be a good one.
KingCreep
5/24/08 11:10:53AM
other than gettin the wrong ufc that st pierre won his belt back, i think its a good call for the fans. should be interesting seeing these two fast paced HW's maul each other. i predict herring by tko first or second round, unless brock watched herring's fight with jake o'brien... takedown defence heath!
StPierreCanada
5/24/08 11:16:51AM
No he didn't dominate him. I saw Kongo winning that fight, and I still think Kongo won it. Not taking anything away from Herring I like him but Kongo got ripped off and I think Kongo won that fight by SD.

Hard fight to call hear, have to take Lesnar just because the way he came out against Mir. And Herrings fight with Kongo he didn't look all that sharp honestly.

MondayNiteMauser
5/24/08 11:21:33AM
Much tougher fight for lesnar. Herring is going to give all he can handle but i see Brock taking down Herring and GNP his way to a victory. If Herring wins he's definately in line for a title shot with the lack of exprienced heavyweights in the UFC.
MMAcca
5/24/08 11:28:33AM
HERRING

KO!
crushedbacon
5/24/08 11:41:45AM
This card is much better now.......nice work coleman!
Mchubb316
5/24/08 11:46:36AM
Herring is a tough opponent for Lesnar. I still think Lesnar is much stronger than just about any HW in the division. He can take Herring down and control him, and win GnP. Herring probably is a more technical striker, and can win a UD if he keeps it standing. I just don't think Herring will be able to avoid Brock's takedown. Brock wins round 2 TKO.
creativedestruction
5/24/08 12:18:53PM
This fight isnt getting off the mat unless Lesnar wants it to. I'm taking Lesnar.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/24/08 12:47:04PM
Brok can't win this
nickcuc547
5/24/08 1:01:43PM

Posted by CornishMMA

I still find it amazing people cant post news correctly, it warns you to read the guidelines before posting but people always leave out the blurb and just wrote stuff like that

i posted my thoughts in the other thread, its a shame theres always 2 thread, the rumored one then the confirmed one , cant be bothered to post in both but in short its a better fight than before and tough to call but im leaning towards Brock UD

the other thread said it was a rumor, this says it's official.
prozacnation1978
5/24/08 1:10:00PM
great fight to a already good card
made the fight better but i think herring will beat him
ufc should have taken lesnar slowly like elite xc is doing with kimbo slice
Jackelope
5/24/08 1:45:39PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I disagree. Give him to the wolves. Why does he deserve special treatment? Lesnar came in calling out the big boys. I'm not sure if you remember but one of the first things he did when he got signed was talking shit to Tim Sylvia. He's cocky, and he's got wrestling credentials. Why does he get special treatment? Just FYI- C.B. Dollaway doesn't have the wrestling credentials that Brock Lesnar has (although he was an all american) but he's only been training MMA for a year. Less than Brock Lesnar. If he wins TUF, are you going to want them to give him something easy? Probably not.

Lesnar talked all this shit. He talked about mauling Frank Mir, about how Tim Sylvia is a giant sloth, blah blah blah... well.. time to put your money where your mouth is, boy. This aint the WWE.

Edit: BTW, this is the smartest possible matchup the UFC could have made. Mucho props to the UFC for realizing that, and mucho props to Coleman for getting injured so we can all see this!
Kracker_Jap
5/24/08 2:13:42PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by prozacnation1978

I disagree. Give him to the wolves. Why does he deserve special treatment? Lesnar came in calling out the big boys.

I agree completly..... Brock does deserve more respect its better to lose to great fighters than win against cans like Kimbo
casey64
5/24/08 3:11:37PM

Posted by mrsmiley

This will be 10000000000000000000000X's better than Lesnar fighting Coleman.I'm more pumped for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JarlathMcG
5/24/08 3:15:38PM
I respect brock more for taking this fight. The ufc had a tough decision to make. feed him cans or give him a fast track to the title the ufc see heath as the fast track to a title shot. For me though brocks submission defence is still gona cause him problem's. Even though heath is not on the same legue as mir in terms of bjj i see him frustrating brock in the stand up. I think brock will take him down but think he will make a mistake.Im gonna say heath first round submission via triangle
jakeiceman
5/24/08 4:07:34PM

Posted by CornishMMA

i posted my thoughts in the other thread, its a shame theres always 2 thread, the rumored one then the confirmed one , cant be bothered to post in both

Then please dont "bother" yourself...we wouldnt want you to waste those precious seconds you have posting on 2 threads!
RMFG_187
5/24/08 4:18:26PM
This is good,

but not as good as

"Dana is my bitch!"

cant get enough of that, i want that shirt!
gartface
5/24/08 4:32:55PM

This is BS. I like both fighters, and I'm a huge fan of Heath Herring. There is no way Brock should be fighting Heath. Brock should be fighting someone like Antoni Hardonk or Eddie Sanchez, and Heath should be fighting the winner of Werdum/Vera.

Bad move Joe Silva, you just shot yourself in the foot even more with the Heavyweight division.
Loot613
5/24/08 5:32:55PM
Usually both fighters have to agree on a matchup, so if Brock is for it then why the hell not. I don't think he want to fight cans he's in this for competition. The Frank Mir fight was a test, you better believe he trained in his submission defense since that fight. You only get better fighting good fighters the UFC is smart.
Porch28
5/24/08 5:35:50PM
I personally feel Brock will win by GnP stoppage. Kongo was to strong for Heath but technically Heath was better. Brock while not as skilled as Heath he is by far stronger and has a great wrestling background where as Kongo did not. Either way though it is a big improvement from the Coleman fight
Lay_N_Pray
5/24/08 6:32:15PM
I think Herring could catch him with a big shot, but if he hasn't drastically improved his takedown defense and his ability to scramble to his feet, Lesnar will take this fight.

I want Herring to win, I hope he does, but he better be workin hard on that wrestling
gabe531
5/24/08 7:36:47PM
hh better work 95% of training being on his back. he wont be able to stop brocks takedowns. i am goin with lesnar gnp round 1.

and if you are paying a guy $250,000 per fight and $250,000 win bonus you dont feed him cans. that will cost ya too much money and proves nothing. this is the ufc where its supposed to be the best org in mma. dont baby a former wwe wrestler because he draws fans. give him good fights and lets see what he can do. maybe more wwe stars will want to try it out if he has sucess and that will continue to help the business out. bobby lashley is next ive read
PaleHorse
5/24/08 10:36:23PM
I'd kinda like to see Brock lose and get sent away for more experience, what if he faught Kimbo? That'd be pretty sweet, a test to Kimbo and an unexperienced wrestler's chance to start well.
Pages: [1] 2