Whole Hearted?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whole Hearted?
JackHammerXXX
7/12/08 6:35:00PM
After witnessing upsets and listening to the cliche "I didn't train hard enough, I wasn't in great shape, etc.' after they lose, it makes me not want to see them fight unless they are 100%. I feel cheated when guys come into a fight with an excuse already in place. Now if they win, it doesn't matter like Liddell when he was on his streak, esp. the 2nd fight with Sobral.I mean Chuck looked like he trained 3 days a week.Granted he knocked Babalu the @#$% out, if he'd a lost for some reason, we'd a heard the "Oh, I didnt train as hard as I should of, next time this, next time this" .
What I'm getting at is I expected Rampage to not look at Griffin as a threat, and to not put 100% Rampage into this fight. Im not saying he didn't, but I will say this, We Did Not See The Best of Rampage, We Saw The Best of Forrest Griffin. and Rampage 100% will run through Forrest on any day.
Where's the Heart
gamez0932
7/12/08 6:51:05PM
great question... i ahte when people say this cause in everyones mind they should be thinking they want a belt. and if they already have a belt they should want to keep it for as long as possible. that should be enough motivation on its own to drag your ass to the gym and work out hard and through in that extra hour of conditioning to assure yourself your ready to go. i also hate when people lose and said they came into the fight with an injury.... if you lost, why say this, give your opponent the respect he just earned by beating you, and swallow it... post it a few days later if neccesary, but at that time and moment let your opponent enjoy his victory.
juanez13
7/12/08 8:45:11PM
They are professionals, if they do that, than they deserve to loose.
Purge
7/12/08 9:05:59PM
Now do you see why I hate Matt Hughes???

on his rematch and rubber-match with GSP "that wasn't me out there"

Oh really Matt, because from what I saw you were the country boy getting his old ass whipped.
gravy13
7/13/08 4:29:16AM

Posted by JackHammerXXX

After witnessing upsets and listening to the cliche "I didn't train hard enough, I wasn't in great shape, etc.' after they lose, it makes me not want to see them fight unless they are 100%. I feel cheated when guys come into a fight with an excuse already in place. Now if they win, it doesn't matter like Liddell when he was on his streak, esp. the 2nd fight with Sobral.I mean Chuck looked like he trained 3 days a week.Granted he knocked Babalu the @#$% out, if he'd a lost for some reason, we'd a heard the "Oh, I didnt train as hard as I should of, next time this, next time this" .
What I'm getting at is I expected Rampage to not look at Griffin as a threat, and to not put 100% Rampage into this fight. Im not saying he didn't, but I will say this, We Did Not See The Best of Rampage, We Saw The Best of Forrest Griffin. and Rampage 100% will run through Forrest on any day.
Where's the Heart

What the hell are you saying? You should use an example of a fighter that actually said,"Oh, I didn't train as hard as I should of, next time this, next time this." You're talking about "IF" Chuck lost to Babalu? WTF?
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 5:42:04AM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by JackHammerXXX

Where's the Heart

What the hell are you saying? You should use an example of a fighter that actually said,"Oh, I didn't train as hard as I should of, next time this, next time this." You're talking about "IF" Chuck lost to Babalu? WTF?

quit nuthugging.. his example was fine.. He was explaining how fighters already have an excuse in place wether they win or lose.. pay attetion
gravy13
7/13/08 6:54:49AM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by gravy13

Posted by JackHammerXXX

Where's the Heart

quit nuthugging.. his example was fine.. He was explaining how fighters already have an excuse in place wether they win or lose.. pay attetion

No nuthugging man, just stating the obvious. You might want to pay attention. Spell check is your friend....
JackHammerXXX
7/13/08 11:28:22AM
Sorry man, I know my thing was scattered. It was meant to be that way though. I put it in the misc. forum I'm thought. Anyways, I started talking about the fighters that don't give it their all,because they feel they can't win. So they have a scapegoat or something when they get beat. The Chuck reference was just an option for an example,so to speak. Karo has always said "Oh, I'm really gonna train harder NEXT TIME!" everytime he looks lackluster or loses. Tito does a total transformation during a fight. He either is ferocious, and cocksure, or he's a gracious, soldier saluting gentleman. I'm not feeling that.
With that said, Rampage is a classy fighter. Although, he did and continues to downplay the Wanderlei beatings(2)....
I want fighters to throw it down at all times, everytime.Man Up!
gravy13
7/13/08 12:58:45PM

Posted by JackHammerXXX

Sorry man, I know my thing was scattered. It was meant to be that way though. I put it in the misc. forum I'm thought. Anyways, I started talking about the fighters that don't give it their all,because they feel they can't win. So they have a scapegoat or something when they get beat. The Chuck reference was just an option for an example,so to speak. Karo has always said "Oh, I'm really gonna train harder NEXT TIME!" everytime he looks lackluster or loses. Tito does a total transformation during a fight. He either is ferocious, and cocksure, or he's a gracious, soldier saluting gentleman. I'm not feeling that.
With that said, Rampage is a classy fighter. Although, he did and continues to downplay the Wanderlei beatings(2)....
I want fighters to throw it down at all times, everytime.Man Up!

Dude, no worries. It is totally lame when fighters can't just admit that they lost fair and square. It's all about being the better man and fighter that particular day.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 3:14:47PM

Posted by gravy13

No nuthugging man, just stating the obvious. You might want to pay attention. Spell check is your friend....

The reason spelling exists is for communication. Obviously my comunication got through to you, so it would be totally useless and a waste of time to back track and read over my spelling.

No.. you werent stating the obvious.. the obvious was his whole post was saying how fighters have excuses ready before the fight starts.. its there for them even though they might win.. they have it ready as a backup.. so using Chucky was a perfectly logical example.

You fail to grasp basic logic.. yet you are quick to jump on someone for their spelling mistakes, which are completely irrelivent to anything being discussed here. I guess you dont understand there is no such thing as proper spelling.. yeah I know you went to public schools and they filled your head with ideas, of a certain point of view.. but the truth is.. thats the American english way of spelling words, for this time period.. The english language is global, and not bound by any rules, or proper format.. language is communication and nothing more.. the same goes for spelling.. as long as the communication is understood then it is proper.
warglory
7/13/08 5:01:09PM
There's nothing wrong with explaining why you feel you lost as long as you don't take away credit to the guy who kicked your ass. However, fighters have to realize that there can be repercussions to their excuses if people think they are not taking responsibility for not bringing the fight to the ring. That's just a chance a fighter has to take when losing, be honest and respected, or have the potential to be the boy who cried wolf.
Rush
7/13/08 5:07:45PM
I can't stand it when people say a fighter, explaining why he thought he lost, is making excuses. Most of the time they are stating reasons (which are usually answers to questions) why they think they lost. Most of the time they are reasons they think they didn't do well and not excuses.

Saying "I guess I need to train harder or I didn't train hard enough" is a reason and it is different than "I only lost because I didn't train enough or I would've won had I trained harder."

If fans can't distinguish between reasons and excuses maybe they should dispense with the post fight interview altogether.
gravy13
7/14/08 5:29:40PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by gravy13

The reason spelling exists is for communication. Obviously my comunication got through to you, so it would be totally useless and a waste of time to back track and read over my spelling.

No.. you werent stating the obvious.. the obvious was his whole post was saying how fighters have excuses ready before the fight starts.. its there for them even though they might win.. they have it ready as a backup.. so using Chucky was a perfectly logical example.

You fail to grasp basic logic.. yet you are quick to jump on someone for their spelling mistakes, which are completely irrelivent to anything being discussed here. I guess you dont understand there is no such thing as proper spelling.. yeah I know you went to public schools and they filled your head with ideas, of a certain point of view.. but the truth is.. thats the American english way of spelling words, for this time period.. The english language is global, and not bound by any rules, or proper format.. language is communication and nothing more.. the same goes for spelling.. as long as the communication is understood then it is proper.

Thank you for making my day with that post!

jkdskinhead
7/14/08 10:23:27PM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by gravy13

Thank you for making my day with that post!

Yea I didnt expect you to grasp the reality of what I was saying. Most people belive everything they are told in an institution.. Spelling and language are regional.. it changes from area to area, but the general language retains the title. For example in some english speaking countries, phone is spelled "fone", under their official version of the english language.. however there is no governing body for the entire worlds english language.. Its just a way to communicate, so as long as both parties understand, there is no flaw in the language.

What your accusing me of is improper American English spelling.. which is just ignorant and laughable since were speaking on a global platform.