Heart Break...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Heart Break...
Next Page »
joshryanshepherd
7/11/08 2:06:29AM
Im just sitting round thinkin about my Ex girlfriend Megan, and i just feel like crying and its pretty lame that im posting this on a Fuc*ing mma forum but have any of you guys had your heart broken before? im not talkin about gettin your feelings hurt because of a hot chick or something i mean where your so in-love with a girl that you cry your self to sleep every night even though your still with her, but thinking it could end any day...well i met megan at the beginning of my Junior year and as soon as i seen her i thought omgosh how have i not seen her before? i swear to god boys and girl that it really was love at first sight. we ended up talking about some interests...her fav # is 13 mine is also 13 my fav color is yellow hers is yellow..my fav month is oct hers is aswell, my fav season is fall well hers is to, ive always wanted like 4-6 kids and she said she wanted that much too. i always wanted a boy named tanner and she says she always wanted a boy named tanner...its crazy but idk. we ended up dating on and off for 4 months she broke up with me the two times in those months even though i really did nothing wrong. i was in-love with her even before we got together. its summer break now obviously and now we arent talking at all she broke up with me like a month ago. hah well what do ya know im cryin right now..... so how about you guys have you ever had your heart broke? and have you got over it?

oh and if you reply to this i'll prop you
wolfman
7/11/08 2:21:09AM
Dude, you're young and it's inevitable that you're going to have your heart broken at some point. Right now you feel really down, but give it a few weeks and you'll be slobbering over some new chick. I mean come on, you're in high school right? There are a lot of girls out there and fun to be had, don't let one girl keep you down.

Damn, I feel like Dr. Drew from Loveline. That's my advice.
loller90278
7/11/08 2:23:26AM
hehe, i was in the same spot you were kiddo, i'll just tell you that the saying time heals everything is indeed true. although i dated my ex for around 2 years, i wanted a break several times. after that she got fed up and dumped me.. i didnt know what i had until she left me. cheer up bud, there'll be other fish in the sea.
Raykill
7/11/08 2:32:20AM
Sorry brother. It won’t be the last time this happens to you.
It happens to everyone a few times throughout our lives.
Never hurts any less....
asterisk
7/11/08 2:34:10AM
Don't get attached to chicks, bro. I'm about to get a divorce and it's the best thing that can happen to me. Enjoy your youth buddy, because sure enough, you'll get married one day and yearn for your bachelor days. If she's dumped you twice already, you should know she isn't worth your time and you definitely don't want to be with someone who doesn't like you...just take me and my wife for example.
RNC
7/11/08 3:02:49AM
It seems like right now she isn't interested in being tied down, and overall she isn't serious about having a relationship with you. She might seem like shes the one now, but obviously with her not wanting to be with you, she's not. There is a million girls in the world, you'll find someone better, i guarentee it. Get out there and have fun. I don't know much about how you guys got together and the details of it all, but if I was you I would stay single for awhile and enjoy it. If you do find someone new, or decide to get back with her, try taking things slow.
Pitbull09
7/11/08 3:12:05AM
I really don't want to start ranting on this subject cause I really could with you but in the end I think the girl you truly would give anything for will never accept you. They see your sacrifices and only see it as weakness that you will always be there. It's saddens and pisses me off but to me, its the truth. You can only become a better man out of this by moving on and understanding that it is only you who can bring yourself out of this. It is only you who can improve himself and make the best in what you have. After that, you will finally find someone who appreciates you and is fine with you and by "you" I mean the guy who is being himself and doesn't need to worry about being fake to make her happy.

Good luck man
bullettdodger
7/11/08 3:35:43AM

Posted by Pitbull09

I really don't want to start ranting on this subject cause I really could with you but in the end I think the girl you truly would give anything for will never accept you. They see your sacrifices and only see it as weakness that you will always be there. It's saddens and pisses me off but to me, its the truth. You can only become a better man out of this by moving on and understanding that it is only you who can bring yourself out of this. It is only you who can improve himself and make the best in what you have. After that, you will finally find someone who appreciates you and is fine with you and by "you" I mean the guy who is being himself and doesn't need to worry about being fake to make her happy.

Good luck man

Words of wisdom in here man, All I can say is ya just really get your mind off it anyway you can. Just get back out there man, you'll be alright. Main thing to point out though is that if you've already been together and broken up multiple times, something isn't working and you're better off never thinking about or talking to her ever again.
jiujitsufreak74
7/11/08 3:42:11AM
i'm sorry, but how has anyone not made an emo joke yet?

Manfred
7/11/08 3:56:33AM
I know it sucks but look at it logically instead of emotionally for a second.

Why would you want someone that doesn't want you? It just doesn't make sense.

If that doesn't work, just look in the mirror and say:

Of course you can modify it:

I'm hot enough, my d*ck's big enough, and doggonit, chicks like me"
ufcboss
7/11/08 4:21:47AM
Only advice,

"Treat em mean, Keep em keen"

That will help, To a point. I dont know much about what you went through, But it sounds like you where head over heels for this chick, Maybe a little too much!

Make them want you son!!
Pookie
7/11/08 4:55:04AM
Tuckermax.com/

No joke, this man has taught me mucho.

On a side note something that helps when i break up from a relationship is to think about all the annoying things they do, it helps.
telnights
7/11/08 5:47:52AM
Man to be young again...Man it hurts but before you know it some other girl will come along. That just how life works sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't in the end I bet you will find you are better off.
misses1112
7/11/08 5:59:18AM
You should let it slide like water off a duck's back. I'm not a very sensitive person, so it wouldn't bother me like it is you, but in any event moving on, or at least acting like you don't care, is the best thing for you to do right now. It's her loss. You are a great catch. Listen to Dimitri's phone message for some good insight on self confidence and you will be on the road to romantic successs in no time.
Matimus
7/11/08 6:28:03AM
you broke up for a reason.
she's not the right one, as hard as it may be to accept it.
But the right one is always out there, so dont shelter yourself, get out there and have some fun and see what happens
DCRage
7/11/08 6:30:40AM
I know what it's like, I still miss the person I used to be with, I thought maybe she would've been the one for me. Same with the last couple times. I wouldn't say I've completely given up on the whole thing, but I'm very close to it.
Aaronno9
7/11/08 7:04:33AM
Wow, props to everbody for being nice about this, i was expecting some major burns when i was reading the first post. I guess not every bodies hearts as shriveled as mine yet.

I guess its best to happen when your still young though, theirs alot more shit that comes with breaking up long relationships the older you get.... I always liked being single when i was young anyways.... means you've got more time to go out with the guys, get drunk and get laid.

Anyways, proverbial fish, proverbial sea.... good luck son.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/11/08 7:19:53AM
Girlfriends come and go... This great website (and your buddies on it) is/are forever
scoozna
7/11/08 9:56:01AM
I dated a girl for a year. We had a painful break up. I tore my hair out for about 3 months.

Turns out she was doing the same thing and called me one day.

We've been married for 12 years now.
holt8081
7/11/08 10:02:38AM
Learn to grow thicker skin
girls are mean
misses1112
7/11/08 10:06:01AM

Posted by holt8081

girls are mean

that's the best advice ever

you can believe me, i am the only woman that will ever tell you the truth.
scoozna
7/11/08 10:14:49AM

Posted by holt8081

The wrong kind of girls are mean

*fixed*
emfleek
7/11/08 10:25:41AM
If you really want a girlfriend, you can have mine.

Have fun while you're young, bro. You're in high school...shouldn't you be drinking and doing drugs or something? Women will always be around. Once you get out of high school, though...jobs give drug tests.
pv3Hpv3p
7/11/08 11:29:17AM
I know it sounds wierd (and probably pretty cliche) now, but having your heartbroken is an essential part of becoming a man...

It happens to any and every guy, no matter what sort of facade they put on... It happens to the "gangstas", the "tough guys", the "lady's man" no matter what they say and it shapes who they are and what and how they understand things in the future...

With all that said, not much advice you read or hear is really going to make it better, but I'll try to give you my incite and hopefully it will help...

there are two important things in relationships...

1) that the level of affection is shared equally between both parties... meaning that you shouldn't be head over heals for a broad that doesn't feel the same way about you, and vice versa...

2) You always have to be completely happy and content with yourself before you can be really happy with someone else...

As for #1... You see this sort of thing all the time in young relationships... It's inevitable and there is absolutley no shame in it... When people are young, they usually are very curious to see what's out there... And rarely if ever, are they going to be content with one person for a long time... It's just not human nature...

As for #2... I know it sounds silly, but hear me out... If you're with another person for any amount of time, you start getting used to the little things that you do together... It could be watching a TV show or playing cards or whatever... And what happens over time is that you start feeling that person is essential to your happiness while doing any of those, amoung many other mundain tasks...

It's like you start corellating your happiness with the presence of another person, and get to thinking "how can I ever be happy without her?"... this is really what hearbreak is... It feels as though someone has taken something from you, stolen or killed a little part of yourself... And it hurts, and it's a bitch because it's not a cut or a bruise or something physical... It's a dull pain or a crushing pressure or how ever you really want to put it, so there's no icepack/antiseptic/band-aid you can use to make it better....

It starts with making yourself content with being.... well, by yourelf... I would suggest picking up a new pasttime/hobbie... Golf, reading, ballroom dancing, church, racketball, fishing, bird watching... Whatever, just something that has nothing to do with her, that you can escape to and find your happiness, the happiness that has nothing to do with the woman or anyone else... A little piece of something that's all your own and build off of that... Your young and it'll take no time at all, it just feels like forever right now...

Sorry about the novel, that's my 0.02$ anyways... If you can't tell I had my heart broke right proper when I was in highschool and now, albeit it's ten-eleven years later, I look back on it as squandered time in my all too brief youth... It's a shame that when you hear stuff like, "your young, don't worry about it and have fun" it doesn't carry enough meaning untill it's a little to late...

My other suggestion is to just get yourself a piece of ass... go to a party, get drunk, don't be picky and get some boobs in your face...
wolfman
7/11/08 12:10:51PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

My other suggestion is to just get yourself a piece of ass... go to a party, get drunk, don't be picky and get some boobs in your face...

I can definitely agree with this.
cowcatcher
7/11/08 12:32:51PM
wow everyone on here has a heart, and not 1 noah inhofer comment. my teenage son went through this awile ago so i can sympathize, itll be alright eventually, time+another chick on the horizon make everything better eventually.
DCRage
7/11/08 12:41:39PM

Posted by cowcatcher

wow everyone on here has a heart, and not 1 noah inhofer comment. my teenage son went through this awile ago so i can sympathize, itll be alright eventually, time+another chick on the horizon make everything better eventually.

Yeah, a lot of good people here I think...never heard of that Noah Inhofer guy though.
cowcatcher
7/11/08 12:42:50PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah, a lot of good people here I think...never heard of that Noah Inhofer guy though.

the guy on tuf that went home for his girlfriend, i figured some jerk would mention him, i guess that jerk was me.
DCRage
7/11/08 12:54:12PM
Ah, forgot about him. Or at least forgot his name.
Pookie
7/11/08 1:55:24PM

Posted by misses1112

Posted by holt8081

girls are mean

that's the best advice ever

you can believe me, i am the only woman that will ever tell you the truth.

This is very true, but unfortunately shes lying to you too lol
Pages: [1] 2 3