healthy diet? i need one

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » healthy diet? i need one
bigblair
7/25/07 10:24:54AM
i have read all of the posts regarding diet, they have helped alot, but one thing i was wondering is are they healthy, im a big guy looking to lose weight and build some muscle back, but i dont want a quick fix eally, i want a diet that is healthy, not just for weight lose, a change in lifestyle rather than a diet.
any help would be really great thanks, also i am very poor, am curently studying, so i dont have the cah to but expensive ingredients.
Mastodon2
7/25/07 11:42:46AM
Please refer to the diet plan I gave you in your other thread

Here is the plan I already gave you in your other thread, just incase you missed it

"Cut all the fat out of your diet, out with the salt and sugar too.

Start eating a lot of greens, and plenty of fruit. Drink Water instead of pop or juice. I eat a lot of Cous Cous and rice, both are good for energy, but are low in fat.

Swap out most of your red meat for fish (tuna steaks, or chunks, are espescially good, really high in protein and low in saturated fats). Eat plenty of chicken, but take the skin off it. Dont cut out all red meat, because it contains iron that is essential in your diet, but dont overdo red meat, because even if you cut the fat off it, there is still a lot more fat between the muscle fibres than in say, a chicken.

If you drink milk, get onto Semi skimmed milk, I personally cant stand fully skimmed milk, its rank, but anything is better than full fat milk!

Avoid convenience foods (mircowave meals) for the most part, even the low fat ones have loads of chemicals in them that you just dont need, but if you really must eat microwave meals at whatever point, go for low fat ones, even if they are a bit bland and tasteless.

in summary...

More Water
More fresh veg + fruit
More Chicken and fish

Less Red Meat
less salty food
Less fatty food
Less sugary food

Get a good exercise plan going. I work out every other day like, this...

Monday: Thai boxing training
Tueday: Rest
Wednesday: Skipping, strength and conditioning
Thursday: rest
Friday: Same as wednesday
saturday: light exercise (slow jog, slow skipping)
Sunday: Rest

In short, to lose weight you need to expend more energy than you are putting in, but that doesnt mean starving yourself. Eat foods that are metabolised easily (IE, foods that arent fatty), so that they get burned up by exercise, and not just packed on as fatty tissue. Weight loss is gradual, crash weight loss is dangerous and your body goes into a critical state and will pile weight back on to save itself, probably making you heavier than when you started.

Weigh yourself once a week and chart your weight loss.

Hope this is some help to you! "
Twenty20Dollars
7/25/07 3:23:33PM
fish and veggies
Rush
7/25/07 4:33:17PM
To add to the first reply.

Get lots of sleep. Your body will recover better and you actually burn a lot of fat in your sleep, well active people more so.....
casey64
7/25/07 7:00:51PM
Veggies,fish,and chicken with no skin.