UFC to head to Australia

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC to head to Australia
hails
1/26/09 4:18:56AM
I really need to get something off my chest, I have been a fan of MMA for a number of years now!!! I remember renting UFC 43 from my local video store, I did not know anything at all about the sport!!! I was however a boxing fan, but had become a little tired of the predictablity of it!!!

After watching UFC 43, especially the part where this crazyed guy was on the screen saying not to mess with the Iceman and other stuff, I was so pumped!!!

I have been getting the UFC cards regularly on PPV and have a large collection of UFC DVDs and now plenty of Pride DVDS, I am so lucky to be able to go back and watch these, not knowing the results!!!

But what I am really upset about, and this is where my question actually kicks in, Will the UFC ever bring the UFC to Australia?

I know they have put a number of cards on in England and Ireland and they are looking at Germany, but why not Australia?

They could push George Sotirpolus, Elvis, Soa The Hulk Palelei and even lombard if they could sign him!!!

And Australians will get to any sporting event so it will be a sell out!!!

What are my chances?

Love to hear your thoughts & thanks for reading!!!
mentalcase
1/26/09 6:21:29AM
compared to the US and UK there are not many that many Australian mma fans, but Dana said the ufc will come here in the future.

- "We're focused on Germany, the Philippines, and Australia next," he stated.

link
Mungooch
1/27/09 3:28:22AM
This would be massive. Imagine it at acer arena or one of the massive ent centres. Good chance it would be in Sydney, Long shot Qld nbut I want it to come to Newcastle(But doesn't every fan want it to come to their home town)
I would find a way to get there no matter where in Aus it is.
cmill21
1/27/09 3:38:39AM
Yo guys already have K-1, quit being greedy lol.
Mungooch
1/27/09 6:01:39AM

Posted by cmill21

Hang on what wen who when how
cmill21
1/27/09 1:18:30PM

Posted by Mungooch

Posted by cmill21

Hang on what wen who when how

K-1, Oceania Grand Prix in Melbourne, and other places. You have Peter Graham, Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt, Paul Slowinski, and Wayne Parr just to name a few from that part of the world. Lucky buggers!
Mungooch
1/28/09 8:07:53AM
But still even one ufc event would be massive down here. Usa get one every month or so give us a shot.
cowcatcher
1/28/09 10:21:00AM
i didnt realize there were so many aussie fans of the sport, but there are a lot of guys on here from down under that are knowledgable posters and with the UFC expanding in europe and elsewhere i think its just a matter of time. i hope you guys get to have a live event there sooner than later, id guess 2010 or 11.
Mungooch
1/28/09 8:39:53PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i didnt realize there were so many aussie fans of the sport, but there are a lot of guys on here from down under that are knowledgable posters and with the UFC expanding in europe and elsewhere i think its just a matter of time. i hope you guys get to have a live event there sooner than later, id guess 2010 or 11.

Hell yeah we rock
mmamatt81
3/1/09 8:49:44AM
Hey guys i love to see so many people praying for the UFC to come to Australia as i to am a Huge fan of the sport, Me and a few mates have started a group/pertition on Facebook we thought if we could get a large number we could help the cause. So MMA fans if you are or know anyone on Facebook could you PLEASE go to the following http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=64970603199&ref=ts. Just copy and paste and add then invite everyone you know then ask them to invite everyone and so on and so on. I hope you all see this and help the cause cheers guys hope to see you Ringside.
JimiMak
3/1/09 2:48:45PM
I love to see it spread, my only question is what time would they hold events in that part of the world? What is your time relation to the east coast of the US?
Wolfenstein
3/1/09 3:38:17PM

Posted by JimiMak

I love to see it spread, my only question is what time would they hold events in that part of the world? What is your time relation to the east coast of the US?

Big time difference, if it were to be held in Sydney it would be 17 hours ahead of US ET. Like right now it's March 1st 3:37PM on the East Coast, whereas in Sydney it is March 2nd 7:37AM.