HDNET scoring???????

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » HDNET scoring???????
npayant
12/15/07 11:29:26PM
There are two different fights that have conflicting "finishes" with what a number of other sites have....

MMAplayground: Spratt def Yunker VIA submission

Sherdog: Spratt def Yunker VIA TKO (cut)

MMAjunkie: Spratt Def Yunker VIA TKO (cut)

AND

MMAplayground: Osterneck def Freddie F. VIA TKO

Sherdog: Osterneck VIA submission (verbal)

MMAjunkie Osterneck VIA submission (verbal)

Can someone take a look into this? I hope this scoring will be changed, especially since I picked both of these exactly right according to the other sites.... Sherdog link

MMAjunkie link
tuvok500
12/15/07 11:35:41PM

Posted by npayant

There are two different fights that have conflicting "finishes" with what a number of other sites have....

MMAplayground: Spratt def Yunker VIA submission

Sherdog: Spratt def Yunker VIA TKO (cut)

MMAjunkie: Spratt Def Yunker VIA TKO (cut)

AND

MMAplayground: Osterneck def Freddie F. VIA TKO

Sherdog: Osterneck VIA submission (verbal)

MMAjunkie Osterneck VIA submission (verbal)

Can someone take a look into this? I hope this scoring will be changed, especially since I picked both of these exactly right according to the other sites.... Sherdog link

MMAjunkie link

it is Spratt tko ( cut )

and it is osterneck sub ( verbal tapout due to strike )

it is my understanding anyways

npayant
12/15/07 11:39:51PM
Yeah, that was my understanding too...

But the points given to us don't reflect that...

I'm guessing it's just an early issue
babalu2720
12/15/07 11:49:32PM
The Spratt one was conlfcting, but I thin the Osterneck fight was verbal submission, but a sub none the less
Svartorm
12/16/07 2:31:22AM
We might have to wait on the official report by the athletic commision.

I'm reasonably sure Yunker was a TKO because they stopped the fight to check the cut and he said he couldn't see because of the cut. The same thing happened with Tank vs. Cabbage and it was ruled a Tko.

For Osterbecks fight, I'm reasonably sure thats a verbal submission. Osterbeck stopped hitting the guy, said "He wants out." to the ref and the ref stopped it. Espiricueta didn't seem remotely upset by this, and I think he said "tap" and the ref didn't hear, which is what prompted Osterbeck to tell the ref that he wanted out.

I'm not sure which athletic commision oversaw this fight, but usually it takes about a day and a half to get the official results and medical suspensions.

Personally, I'm interested to see if Trigg had his arm busted by Dewees.
CWall33
12/16/07 3:19:17AM

Posted by Svartorm

Personally, I'm interested to see if Trigg had his arm busted by Dewees.

My score sucked either way with the controversial finishes. Buy what's up the Trigg arm stuff? Did he get hurt and still win the fight?
Svartorm
12/16/07 3:22:06AM
He blocked two high kicks with his left forearm, mentioned it hurt after the fight, and the arm was visibly swollen when he was leaving the cage, so I'm fairly certain its at least cracked. Good fight though.
LightsOut33093
12/16/07 8:05:36AM
on the spratt/yunker fight....yunker told the ref that he couldn't go on any longer.....kinda sounds like a verbal submission
npayant
12/16/07 10:53:45AM

Posted by LightsOut33093

on the spratt/yunker fight....yunker told the ref that he couldn't go on any longer.....kinda sounds like a verbal submission

When you verbally say you don't want to fight during the action because you're getting pouned...that might be a verbal submission...

But when a cut prevent you from fighting any more...that is usually confirmed as a TKO due to a cut (not a submission) I have rarely seen "submission due to cut"
zephead
12/16/07 11:13:52AM

Posted by npayant

Posted by LightsOut33093

When you verbally say you don't want to fight during the action because you're getting pouned...that might be a verbal submission...

But when a cut prevent you from fighting any more...that is usually confirmed as a TKO due to a cut (not a submission) I have rarely seen "submission due to cut"

But I'v seen a submission due to strikes
npayant
12/16/07 11:17:21AM
Here's the final write-up about the fights last night from MMAjunkie (they had people at the fights....) notice the 'FULL RESULTS' at the bottom, it confirms my original post:

Results article

I do know that mmajunkie.com is not OFFICIAL by any means... I'll be interested to find out with the official results say.... when does that come out and from who?

Other sites with HDNET results:

Cagetoday.com

But there are some definite conflicting views on how these fights ended... a couple sites have it completely reversed... who knows!!!
npayant
12/16/07 11:18:47AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by npayant

Posted by LightsOut33093

But I'v seen a submission due to strikes

Yes, we saw it last night.... Osterneck got Freddie to verbally submit due to strikes....you're right
gspgnp
12/16/07 1:34:23PM
Svartorm, I got a question.
What about the fight with Robert Villegas vs. Kyzysztof Soszynski? I had quite a bit of cash on this fight on Kyzysztof Soszynski and he did win.

On a side note even though it sucked that Villegas pussed out in this fight, it was because Kyzystof was kicking his a**. Good on Kyzysztof! I was rooting for him hard since he is a fellow Manitoban. On top of that, he is the promoter for all of the cards that come here to Winnipeg. Because of him I can see cards here in my home town so I got a ton of respect for him.

Svartorm
12/16/07 3:58:22PM
Whatever athletic commision oversaw the fight will release the official results, along with the medical suspensions, and that will determine what actually happened.

As for Soszynski, its a DQ because the ref told Villegas if he flopped to the mat one more time, he was DQing him, and he did it again. Turns out Villegas had busted his foot, which is why he didn't want to stand anymore, but that was kind of an odd way to go about things.

Really, quite a few odd stoppages last night.
Svartorm
12/16/07 11:14:56PM
You know what no one thought of (myself included until ten seconds ago)? Checking the HDnet website.

Fight results

Fight 4 - Freddie Espiricueta vs. Nissen Osterneck
Espicuerta is plumb clniched against ropes. Nissen is in side control. They stand exchanginf. Nissen lands good right and they hit mat with nissen on freddies back side control.nissen full mount and rains punches.

Nissen claims Freddie is out and action stops. Ref checks freddie and calls fight. Nissen by ref stoppage rd 1

Fight 6 Tristan Yunker vs. Pete Spratt
Rd. 1 Spratt receives warm applause. Yunker shoots immediately and is hit fiercely by Spatt. Tristan continues to press and scores takedown. Spratt reverses and is in Yunkers' full guard raining punches. Yunker is cut over the left eye and the ref stops the action to check the cut. Yunker tells the referee he cannot see. TKO by Pete Spratt in round 1 1:38 seconds.

So it appears that both fights are via TKO.

They also say Sosynski TKO'd Villegral.

Texas Athletic Commission

Once Texas athletic commission issues their medical suspensions and whatnot, it should appear here, so keep an eye out so we can get this craziness sorted out.

What can't people just get knocked out and make this easy on us?
gspgnp
12/18/07 4:17:23PM
So were you guys going to change the results to show that Kyzysztof Koed Villegas. I know it was a DQ but it counts as a tko.
npayant
12/21/07 1:49:23PM
Any news on this update?