HDNet to Air Randy Couture Press Conference Live on Thursday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » HDNet to Air Randy Couture Press Conference Live on Thursday
aznteabagger
10/23/07 4:38:13PM
The press conference Randy Couture has set up for Thursday will be broadcast live on HDNet, the cable channel today announced.

LINK
tuvok500
10/23/07 4:45:02PM
good news, i will watch it for sure !!!

rcg916
10/23/07 5:56:16PM
HDNET... Hmmm... wonder if Mark Cuban is putting up the purse for a possible Fedor/Randy?

That guy has some SERIOUS cash.
aznteabagger
10/23/07 6:26:44PM

Posted by rcg916

HDNET... Hmmm... wonder if Mark Cuban is putting up the purse for a possible Fedor/Randy?

That guy has some SERIOUS cash.

...except fedor signed with m-1
wrona666
10/23/07 6:27:35PM
Cant wait to se Dana Whites reaction to this interview...@#%^^$@!@$$^&#@%^%&&#&@^&@%^@^%&$&^%&**&*$#@%$%@.............probably go something like that........
cowcatcher
10/23/07 6:32:26PM
theres obviously something going on here for randy to be going to hdnet. granted chuck was on the debut of the show, but this one smells pretty fishy to me, im guessing cuban and randy are more than just acquiantances.
FantasyFighter
10/24/07 11:08:23AM
Makes you just tingle with excitement doesnt it... Or maybe thats just me.

Seriously though. It seems as if things are beginning to come together for this fight to happen, regardless of Dana White and the UFC.
TNunley
10/24/07 12:38:47PM

Posted by cowcatcher

theres obviously something going on here for randy to be going to hdnet. granted chuck was on the debut of the show, but this one smells pretty fishy to me, im guessing cuban and randy are more than just acquiantances.

I agree, I think something is going on as well. Even if it's not between Cuban and Couture. HDNet is supposed to be the station that airs the first few M-1 Events... so I could see it as a possibility that if Couture is gonna fight M-1, that he would announce it on their channel.

IMO, I would be willing to bet that Fedor and Couture had been planning this for a while. Fedor is offered the most amount of money from the UFC, but signs with another org... Randy resigns from the UFC and makes a point to say he isn't done fighting... Fedor supposadly has a clause making M-1 offer Randy $1 million more than UFC for a fight between the two of them.

Why would Fedor put that clause in his contract knowing Randy was contracted to the UFC.... unless they had something going on behind the scenes. Who knows... but I definitely think there is more to this than what everyone has led on.