HBO - Game of Thrones

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » HBO - Game of Thrones
FlashyG
7/20/11 10:48:34AM
Did anyone else get hooked on this show?

I normally hate fantasy movies or shows and I was expecting the same when I heard about this, but I gave it a shot based on the good reviews.

Not since the Wire have I been so hooked on a show. I watched the whole first season in 2 days and now I'm downloading the books so I can keep up with the story while they film season 2.

Here's the trailer for those who might be interested and if you don't have HBO you can get the episodes online.

Just a note, if you have a problem with nudity or violence this isn't the show for you, there is ample amounts of both in every episode.
kingsmasher
7/20/11 11:14:35AM
I started watching it then I decided to cut cable off its the only show on HBO worth a crap...and maybe some boxing...

FlashyG
7/20/11 11:17:42AM
Yeah I watch it online. I don't like waiting a week between episodeds, and I don't like having to watch it at a specific time.

I get the episodes on sites like Sidereel.com, Surfthechannel.com or Watchseries.eu
kingsmasher
7/20/11 11:20:52AM

Posted by FlashyG

Yeah I watch it online. I don't like waiting a week between episodeds, and I don't like having to watch it at a specific time.

I get the episodes on sites like Sidereel.com, Surfthechannel.com or Watchseries.eu

Thanks I was wondering where to watch it...

I actually felt the same way I wasnt into that type of movie fantasy unless its lord of the rings btu it was ok...I think it had something to do with a midget and all the chicks he was getting was intriguing...
cowcatcher
7/20/11 11:24:00AM
I really liked the show, but I thought it definitely lacked in the action department. It's a fantasy based show, so I expected more action than there was, but I can't really complain because it still was a good watch.
emfleek
7/20/11 11:27:49AM

Posted by kingsmasher

.I think it had something to do with a midget

FlashyG
7/20/11 11:31:36AM
Based on the description of the books, the real action is in the 3rd season.

The Midget Tyrion might be my favorite character in TV history. He steals every scene he's in.

Tyrion

Tyrion #2
Patchedup15
7/20/11 3:20:42PM
Another Place to watch: Projectfree.tv, Letmewatchthis.com.. a lot of these sites are just caches for links. i like to use ones from putlocker, sockshare, novamov, tvdex, megavideo. frogmovz.. let me know if you need help/ more sites!!!

this show is so good i'm actually going to read the books after i watch each season bc the depiction is just so amazing i don't want to be one of those people who say.. it was good book was better.. two different things!
FlashyG
7/20/11 3:32:10PM
If you don't mind reading on your computer here are the first 4 books in PDF form, the 5th was just released and I haven't found a copy online yet.

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A feast for Crows
Kpro
7/20/11 9:26:34PM
I have HBO, I'll check it out. I saw the first episode or two but was hammered and not following the story so I stopped. I'll have to restart from the beginning. I'm not into fantasy stuff but I vaguely remember the midget and naked chicks so I know it has to be worth watching.
emfleek
7/20/11 9:35:29PM

Posted by Kpro

I'm not into fantasy stuff but I vaguely remember the midget and naked chicks so I know it has to be worth watching.

#winning
warglory
7/20/11 9:51:35PM
I hope the show is better than the books on tape. I had to listen to those on a 12 hour car ride. Painful....
ruyen
3/17/12 9:04:03AM
Who else is pumped for season 2?!? Best show on TV, barely edging out Breaking Bad because it's more rewatchable.

For anyone who saw it and wasn't sold (of everyone I know, only one didn't love it, but he didn't finish the season), I highly suggest you watch it up to S1 ep9. And if you found it too hard to get into or follow, here is a quick quickstarter of what happens before the story begins in S1:

20 years ago there was a nutjob King who was a psycho, and the current king led a violent and bloody uprising to kill him and take his throne.

The show starts nearly 20 years later and the king is a fat lazy bastard, his right-hand-man (The Hand of the King) has died and he is coming to his old 2nd-in-Command during the war (Eddard Stark, Sean Bean) to take over as the new "Hand".
prozacnation1978
3/17/12 10:42:10AM
I enjoyed season 1. Got really addicted to it. Can't wait for season 2. Killing off some of the main characters like Sean bean and Mark addy. With walking dead. Luck and eastward bound and down coming to a season end. Glad games is starting soon