Haynesworth signs with Redskins

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Haynesworth signs with Redskins
Next Page »
hippysmacker
2/27/09 7:03:31AM
I am only posting this in hopes that it will somehow lessen the joy that DC and zep feel by taking the posting part from them? Meanwhile Dallas still has TO, and Jerry Jones is still trying to be the head coach, so I don't see us in the playoffs this year
DCRage
2/27/09 7:21:58AM
Source? Haven't found it anywhere yet, but needless to say The Danny continues to slowly twist the knife.
SpiderSilva
2/27/09 7:22:41AM
how much did they pay? I herd they were offering 100 mil

Stupid IMO the dude is now gonna get lazy and live off the mega bucks ohh well good for the skins
DCRage
2/27/09 7:23:51AM
Not to me unless they can convert him to an offensive lineman. Our current OL is too old and too injury-prone.

Edit:
I HATE THE FRAKKIN' DANNY RIGHT NOW!
cowcatcher
2/27/09 8:17:37AM
haynesworth has played 16 games in only one season, his rookie year when he wasnt a starter. the guy is for sure a game changer and can play anywhere he wants on the line, but its got to be tough to commit the amount of money that was being talked about for a guy that doesnt have a track record of being durable. i wonder what kind of money snyder would toss my way to be a waterboy, dude loves to spend.
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 8:22:40AM
I honestly dont think Haynesworth is going to have a monster season like he had with Tenn.

Also news,DeAngelo Hall has signed a 6 years, 54 mill deal with the skins
emfleek
2/27/09 8:25:43AM
The highlight of Indy's offseason...Jeff Saturday re-signed for 3 years.

cowcatcher
2/27/09 8:29:29AM

Posted by emfleek

how bad does the harrison cut sting? im guessing you guys are feeling a lot like we were with favre, as fans we lose sight of it being a business sometimes and its hard to see long time stars go. i feel your pain fleek.
emfleek
2/27/09 8:39:02AM

Posted by cowcatcher

how bad does the harrison cut sting? im guessing you guys are feeling a lot like we were with favre, as fans we lose sight of it being a business sometimes and its hard to see long time stars go. i feel your pain fleek.

I'm actually fine with it because I *do* understand the business side of the game. I've always been a huge Marvin fan but I, too, know that he's not worth what he was set to receive.

I just hope Anthony Gonzalez steps it up next season...
DCRage
2/27/09 8:56:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I honestly dont think Haynesworth is going to have a monster season like he had with Tenn.

Also news,DeAngelo Hall has signed a 6 years, 54 mill deal with the skins

I already knew about Hall, that happened the day before. That move I'm cool with. As for Haynesworth, when I just had breakfast I was watching this past Wednesday's episode of "Talking Points" (A Washington Post online show/podcast that's basically a mini-PTI with Kornheriser & Wilbon being moderated by their "boss", the Post sports editor) and Wilbon found the perfect comparison point for Haynesworth-Dana Stubblefield. Had a Haynesworth year before free agency. Washington pays him big bucks. What did we get? Cue chirping crickets. SQUADOOSH. Wouldn't surprise me if this repeats. This is why Six Flags is going bankrupt, The Danny is too busy paying Boss Steinbrenner with the Skins.

I'll say this much though, I'll be more p****d if Ray Lewis bolts to Dallas.
cowcatcher
2/27/09 9:07:48AM
steve czaban does a guest spot on a local radio show in milwaukee every morning and he brought up stubblefield too. thats obviously still a pretty sore spot in our nations capital.
chuckw94
2/27/09 9:35:09AM
7 year 100 million. he better play like last year to be worth that contract.
DeathPunch
2/27/09 10:47:21AM
All i got to say is Go REDSKINS
DCRage
2/27/09 11:20:44AM

Posted by chuckw94

7 year 100 million. he better play like last year to be worth that contract.

He won't. Not even $10 million's worth. You Heard It Here First.
tberg420
2/27/09 11:30:52AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

I will first state that I'm a Panthers fan but I do live in Indy and help with 1260 WNDE here in Indy. Most of everyone who has called in about the Marvin situation is happy that he is leaving. Marvin will be a Hall Of Famer but he really never endeared himself to the city. Reggie Wayne really stole the spotlight away from Marvin and 88's ego couldn't handle it, IMO. I would think that the Colts would look for some help at either RB or defense during the Free Agency Period. My Panthers on the other hand, have another animal on their hands. I really like Peppers but I think that he is mostly overrated. He took way too many plays off and didn't show up for big games at all. I would like to see Carolina go after someone like Berry from Arizona or just unload Peppers for a mid to late 1st Rounder and take a DE there.

On the subject of Haynesworth, I think that he is greatly overrated. He always had decent linebackers behind him. That's way too much money to pay someone who won't live up to it.
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 1:23:44PM
What about the skins offense? I think they need to improve there.

Wheelin' and Dealin', I love free agency and like the draft day and trade deadline days.
DCRage
2/27/09 1:25:46PM
Just improve the offensive line (younger, healthier players to replace Samuels, Jansen & others) and start Colt Brennan at QB. They've got pretty much everything else they need there.
emfleek
2/27/09 1:30:59PM

Posted by DCRage

Just improve the offensive line (younger, healthier players to replace Samuels, Jansen & others) and start Colt Brennan at QB. They've got pretty much everything else they need there.

They could use a BIG (size-wise) receiver.
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 2:24:35PM
that's what I was thinking, another reciever.
DCRage
2/27/09 2:27:16PM
You could argue for Cooley there even though he's a TE.

Slightly off-topic but Kellen Winslow has been traded to Tampa Bay today. Cleveland gets an unknown number of undisclosed draft picks.
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 2:36:31PM
I took Cooley in fantasy last year but then traded him away, he wasnt doing me any good.

Winslow, Im not really suprised cause I thought he was saying he wanted out but I cant remember, also Shaun Rodgers wants out after 1 season.

Also Im guessing Fred Taylor is close or signed a deal with the Pats.
cowcatcher
2/27/09 3:17:52PM
i thought taylor was talking to the bills. the pats are probably a better fit and he'll get more touches there considering they are fine with playing the RB position by comittee(and maroney has been a bust) and the bills have a feature back.
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 3:59:49PM
MY CHIEFS have traded with pats undisclosed draft picks for Mike Vrabel, now chiefs should draft Aaron Curry, oh man that would be great.
tdietel01
2/27/09 5:11:38PM
the redskins are famous for paying big money for players and still not winning. So i wouldnt get too excited about it. though i would have loved to see haynesworth in denver (not for that kind of money though) but oh well. we still got champ!! thanks skins for that BTW lol
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 5:25:32PM
Maybe Haynesworth will open up for other guys like Taylor to get sacks.

But just one big free-agent doesnt convince me that they are going to win their division, I give the eagles the edge in the division right now.
Wolfenstein
2/27/09 5:50:59PM
Haynesworth is a beast, but one thing that has always been questionable is his work ethic. He played hard to get the big payday, and now that he has it I'm 99% sure he'll go back to eating buckets of chicken.
postman
2/27/09 6:39:17PM
I hate Danny boy! There is no way the Pitsburgh is going to give Harrison near that much money. He uses money as a measuring stick too so hes gone next year for sure. How about Nate Washington and Bryant Mcfadden are thinking of taking the big bucks and going to Detroit. Money makes ppl do crazy things!

Saints get Vilma 5 years 34 mill
zephead
2/27/09 6:43:24PM

Posted by DCRage

You could argue for Cooley there even though he's a TE.

Slightly off-topic but Kellen Winslow has been traded to Tampa Bay today. Cleveland gets an unknown number of undisclosed draft picks.

Don't win Super Bowls because of TE. The Skins need help in to many area's to fix it in one fell swope. But The Danny tries. We need help on the O-Line, D-Line, and Linebacker. He drafted 2 big WR last year that did squat. He now breaks the bank for a guy that has never played all 16 games in a season in his career. I also think he out bidded himslef for D. Hall.

I hate Snyder and wish that he would sell the team. we will be in cap hell forever. The Skins will be a 7-9, 8-8 team until he blows the team up and hires a GM. The Caps tried that Free Agency experiment and it didn't work. Ted blew them up and now look at the Caps. why can't Snyder see in his own back yard how to do it?
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 7:04:58PM
What recession?

Hanesworth 100 mill
Hall 54 mill
Scott 48 mill

Manny just rejected a 2 year 45 mill offer.

Twenty20Dollars
2/27/09 11:08:54PM
Skins just upgraded their O-line signed former Bill Derrick Dockery for 5year/26 mill.
Pages: [1] 2