I hate Nick Diaz because (poll) . . .

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » I hate Nick Diaz because (poll) . . .
POLL: I hate Nick Diaz because
He gets high and runs triathalons , while ive never smoked a day in my life and cant ... 10% (5)
He lost to Riggs , Karo , Sherk and Diego 4 years ago bro ! There's no way he could ... 0% (0)
I keep picking him to lose and he keeps on winning ! 0% (0)
He thinks he can beat Anderson and GSP , how dare a fighter have confidence in himself ! 6% (3)
He doesnt fight for UFC ! 12% (6)
Hate Nick Diaz ? F**k that , war the 209 ! 72% (36)
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/1/10 8:22:04PM
I hate Nick Diaz because ...

1) He gets high and runs triathalons ! Ive never smoked a day in my life and cant manage to leave the couch , life isnt fair !

2) He lost to Riggs , Karo , Sherk and Diego 4 years ago bro ! There's no way he could of improved since then !

3) I keep picking him to lose , but he keeps on winning !

4) He thinks he can beat Anderson and GSP , how dare a fighter have confidence in himself !

5) He doesnt fight for UFC !

6) Hate Nick Diaz ? F**k that , war the 209 !

cowcatcher
2/1/10 8:26:37PM
7) because he has the attitude of a 15 year old and i already have one of those to try to not get mad at for it.

8) he wins despite the fact that i cant stand him.
CaranoGirl
2/1/10 8:37:45PM
Would love to answer this but I almost got banned last time for so called "fighter bashing". Its funny what is considered fighter bashing and what isnt. Considering this topic is still open
Pookie
2/1/10 8:39:08PM

Posted by CaranoGirl

Would love to answer this but I almost got banned last time for so called "fighter bashing". Its funny what is considered fighter bashing and what isnt. Considering this topic is still open

Sarcasm
SmileR
2/1/10 8:40:13PM
9) Because he hasn't fought anyone near the level of the guys he's calling out in a looong, long time.

10) see reason 7 and add to it No. 1 as well.
emfleek
2/1/10 8:53:38PM

Posted by CaranoGirl

Well, considering that you were never officially warned, I'd say you were never "almost" banned.
kevietre
2/1/10 9:49:42PM
Diaz is the man. He beat Riggs. He's not in the UFC so he has a tough time finding hard competition at 170 which is why he moved up to Middleweight and put a beatdown on Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock. He beat Gomi and Robbie Lawler two of the best fighters in the world. He likes to get inside his opponents head by talking and in addition to that he doesn't care if people on the forums like him because he's trying to win fights not personality contests.
NeaRMisS
2/1/10 10:05:21PM
I pick

I think overall just his attitude drives me up a wall, the more he talks the more I want someone to just beat the living hell out of him. If he just learned to show a little respect, and not be such a mouthy sob, he would prolly be near the top of my fav fighters. He has some really slick BJJ -> decent overall game. So much respect for that but UGH that attitude...
warglory
2/1/10 10:17:29PM
I can't wait for the Nick Diaz hype to die down, I really can't. The dude hadn't beaten a legit contender since Gomi almost 3 years ago, until Zaromskis, and now all of a sudden Diaz is the next great contender to GSP? While the Zaromskis win was quite impressive, I am not going to buy into the hype until Diaz beats an established 170 lber.
jae_1833
2/2/10 12:50:00AM
I hear you, however Diaz has been on my favs list since I have been on the site so...really you don't think he's been impressive even in his defeats..c'mon! KJ Noons only got him because he cuts easily, Frank Shamrock got TKOed, and Scott Smith too...for a guy who fights at LW and WW that's not a bad list!!
tcunningham
2/2/10 1:04:29AM
i like professionals and being a professional fighter is more than being good at fighting, its about respect and representing the sport in a good way. if you talk trash and make a big scene people might think its cool but those people dont understand the difference between WWE and MMA. i dont hate diaz i just dont like his attitude.
John_Jobber
2/2/10 3:09:00AM
yes I admittedly swing a little from the diaz twin pouch, but let me chime in. and for the record i've had this avatar since I joined so it's not just a recent craze. :)

People that say they don't like Nick's attitude crack me up. He's from a part of the world where people don't wear bowties and go to cocktail parties where they drink dry martinis and enjoy even drier conversation. Nick Diaz is from Stockton, California. He's all about fighting tough fights, training his ass off, representing his family and gym. Non of this really requires him to have an extra bubbly personality. And if you look at it from that perspective he's actually quite the gentleman. For god sake he apologized for cussing the other night after the fight. lol But again, he's a fighter and should be respected for being a great one at that. If you want to fall in love with a fighter's character go watch wwe.

So why do I hate Nick Diaz?

-He keeps knocking people out instead of showing off his beautiful BJJ. Damn him.

-He doesn't care about giving a hypee interview or getting all emotional on the mic. He remains composed and just wants to thank people. Damn him.

-He spends mic time defending his little brother's decision loss. How selfish. Damn him.

-He will continue to take out some of the best fighters in the world and never get the respect he deserves because he rubs people the wrong way. Damn him.

-He did not bend over a desk and let Dana treat him like a beeyatch. Banish him. And Damn him.
submissionartist1
2/2/10 4:04:59AM
He is a great fighter
postman
2/2/10 7:47:55AM

Posted by John_Jobber

-He spends mic time defending his little brother's decision loss. How selfish. Damn him.

-He will continue to take out some of the best fighters in the world and never get the respect he deserves because he rubs people the wrong way. Damn him.

-He did not bend over a desk and let Dana treat him like a beeyatch. Banish him. And Damn him.

I know right get over it if he wanted to win the fight he should have done more.

"Best fighters" Well he can fight some good ones but lets be real the best WW stable is in the UFC.

If he wants to wants to fight the best WW time to lube up.
John_Jobber
2/2/10 12:42:32PM

Posted by postman

I assume you're talking about the current ufc ww champ when you say this - yes, if GSP and Diaz went to the ground Pierre better pull out the bacon fat (again).
postman
2/2/10 4:23:11PM

Posted by John_Jobber

Posted by postman

I assume you're talking about the current ufc ww champ when you say this - yes, if GSP and Diaz went to the ground Pierre better pull out the bacon fat (again).

Nope ment bend over and take it from Dana but I like the angle you tried to take clever.
zephead
2/2/10 4:41:05PM

Posted by John_Jobber

yes I admittedly swing a little from the diaz twin pouch, but let me chime in. and for the record i've had this avatar since I joined so it's not just a recent craze. :)

People that say they don't like Nick's attitude crack me up. He's from a part of the world where people don't wear bowties and go to cocktail parties where they drink dry martinis and enjoy even drier conversation. Nick Diaz is from Stockton, California. He's all about fighting tough fights, training his ass off, representing his family and gym. Non of this really requires him to have an extra bubbly personality. And if you look at it from that perspective he's actually quite the gentleman. For god sake he apologized for cussing the other night after the fight. lol But again, he's a fighter and should be respected for being a great one at that. If you want to fall in love with a fighter's character go watch wwe.

-He keeps knocking people out instead of showing off his beautiful BJJ. Damn him.

-He doesn't care about giving a hypee interview or getting all emotional on the mic. He remains composed and just wants to thank people. Damn him.

Sorry bro, ain't buying what your selling. I know people who have come from the hood here in DC and Baltimore. They don't wear bowties, go to cocktail parties and drink dry martinis and they don't have dry conversations. But they have respect for people. That's what it all boils down to. You have a job to do, you do it with the utmost professionalism you have and then move on. Nick and his brother tend to forget the professionalism part
hate4thestate
2/2/10 6:30:42PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by John_Jobber

Sorry bro, ain't buying what your selling. I know people who have come from the hood here in DC and Baltimore. They don't wear bowties, go to cocktail parties and drink dry martinis and they don't have dry conversations. But they have respect for people. That's what it all boils down to. You have a job to do, you do it with the utmost professionalism you have and then move on. Nick and his brother tend to forget the professionalism part

obviously you dont watch what happens and what diaz says after the fight. he has been very respectful to most of his opponents. he praised zaromskis all week before the fight and even after. yea he talks **** but its part of his game he plays with people. you dont see him with that attitude after the fight. its part of gettin in his opponents head. not counting kj noons cause i understand what he was so pissed about.

another thing to think about is look at how many threads there are on the dude on the playground right now. obviously hes secretly a marketing genius. even if u hate diaz your watching his fights hoping he loses but your still watching.
State_Champ
2/2/10 6:36:18PM

Posted by jae_1833

I hear you, however Diaz has been on my favs list since I have been on the site so...really you don't think he's been impressive even in his defeats..c'mon! KJ Noons only got him because he cuts easily, Frank Shamrock got TKOed, and Scott Smith too...for a guy who fights at LW and WW that's not a bad list!!

I thought he choked Scott Smith......
haggiswashere
2/4/10 6:08:55PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by CaranoGirl

Well, considering that you were never officially warned, I'd say you were never "almost" banned.

higdon10
2/4/10 7:33:12PM

Posted by John_Jobber

Posted by postman

Lubed up or not, St Pierre would beat the brakes off of Diaz
RhythmAndStyle
2/4/10 9:06:18PM

Posted by cowcatcher

7) because he has the attitude of a 15 year old and i already have one of those to try to not get mad at for it.

8) he wins despite the fact that i cant stand him.

i would have to go with cowcatcher's answer #7..good fighter,bad attitude...
zephead
2/5/10 2:33:05PM

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by zephead

Posted by John_Jobber

obviously you dont watch what happens and what diaz says after the fight. he has been very respectful to most of his opponents. he praised zaromskis all week before the fight and even after. yea he talks **** but its part of his game he plays with people. you dont see him with that attitude after the fight. its part of gettin in his opponents head. not counting kj noons cause i understand what he was so pissed about.

another thing to think about is look at how many threads there are on the dude on the playground right now. obviously hes secretly a marketing genius. even if u hate diaz your watching his fights hoping he loses but your still watching.

And then he goes to a hospital and fights the guy he fought inside the cage. Nick takes it to the point where it's disrespectful, not funny, not a game
rcg916
2/6/10 10:32:23PM

Posted by John_Jobber

Nicely said.
cloud301336
2/10/10 3:05:07AM
Nick Diaz is a savage
Jackelope
2/10/10 10:52:52AM
He's a good fighter but he should trim his attitude up around the edges IMO.

Most things he ends up saying are about trash talking MMA. Whether it's complaining about a ref's decision, or making it a point to mention how much more difficult triathlons are than MMA fights, it's still trash talking MMA.

I understand the angst and the attempt to buck the system, but has this kid from Stockton, Cali forgotten where MMA has brought him? Another thing- people seem to forget this, and it's really sad, but martial arts are supposed to be about learning humility and respect. People from camps like Cesar Gracie's who exhibit some of the attitudes they do make the world a dangerous place. When you train these people very serious and deadly moves and you don't polish their attitude you unleash a monster on the world. Now you've got this guy out there with a piss poor and aggressive attitude who knows what he's doing and can really hurt someone. That's not good at all. Just look at the fight in the hospital for an example. Sure Joe Riggs can handle it- but what about the hospital staff? How do you think those poor nurses and patients caught up in the mix when they're already in a stressful environment with him felt? If I was Cesar Gracie I'd have banned that student from my school. Honest to God.

However, I do realize when speaking to an MMA crowd this is mostly falling on deaf ears. It's unfortunate that we've learned to embrace our caveman side and the winged affliction t-shirts more than we've been willing to embrace the discipline and humility martial arts are supposed to instill in people. Despite the fact that it just so happens with the exception of Brock Lesnar and BJ Penn every single champion of the respective weight classes is a traditional martial artist who exhibits the discipline and respect expected of a traditional martial artist.

So why do I dislike Nick Diaz? I think he's a great fighter, but in as much as he's transcended his upbringing with success in the sport, he has yet to evolve emotionally and mentally into a true martial artist.