WHY DO YOU HATE MATT HUGHES!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WHY DO YOU HATE MATT HUGHES!?
« Previous Page
clintjack
6/29/08 4:57:03PM
If you want an accurate description of Matt Hughes just listen to what Matt Serra has to say about him!
Natedogg42
7/3/08 6:52:54PM
You make it sound like it was an every day thing. He beat his dad up ONCE* because his dad was an asshole to the ENTIRE family, including his mom.

* ...unless I missed something or am forgetting something.

You know what they say, Like father like son
artofdefense
7/26/08 3:39:56PM
I have it from Jeremy Horn's mouth that Matt Hughes had to leave MFS due to everyone wanting to kill him for banging their wives, even guys like Pulver...

Hope I'm not just spreading gossip, I took the statement at face value as in my only conversation with Hughes he seemed like a real hornball. You know, the kind of guy who doesn't know why you're pissed he banged your wife...
Mattchoo
7/26/08 4:55:13PM

Posted by artofdefense

I have it from Jeremy Horn's mouth that Matt Hughes had to leave MFS due to everyone wanting to kill him for banging their wives, even guys like Pulver...

Hope I'm not just spreading gossip, I took the statement at face value as in my only conversation with Hughes he seemed like a real hornball. You know, the kind of guy who doesn't know why you're pissed he banged your wife...

Not buying that one your doing a bit of stirring I say

Hughes is ok though I think, still dont like him much mind you..
Meg
7/26/08 5:20:58PM
I haven't heard him speak in awhile so that means I automatically think he's alright. Except I'm mostly kidding, I like the guy.
masodd
7/26/08 6:35:38PM
He's judgemental and he thinks he's a step up from everybody else
Naturaldisaster
7/26/08 7:20:23PM
I dont like hughes because he's to full of himself. I know alot of fighters are the same way but I dont see alot that come across as bad as hughes. He's disrespectful. Its either the Hughes way or the highway. He's rude to people. Just read his book. I dont mind his VERY christian way of doin things, more power to him. but to me he comes across exactly the way Matt Serra said he was.
Naturaldisaster
7/26/08 7:23:40PM

Posted by artofdefense

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah i sure do believe that. I bet you right for one of those gossip magazines that is nothin but lies from cover to cover dont you?

I dont wanna know what you have from jeremy horns mouth either lol. WAY to much information for me J/p
murphy_16
7/27/08 12:15:29AM
ahhh i hate him like seriously i cant even say his name
bls1919
7/27/08 12:40:03AM
This might sound fuct in the head but for me its his smile. i hate it. i really dont like the guy and when he's happy it makes me sick. On top of that is it coincedence that there is a interracial gay dating website ad on this thread. Just somthing to think about.
Pitbull09
7/27/08 1:29:12AM
I like Hughes. TUF 4 made me like him more cause I wanted to see him beat Serra's face in.
Rush
7/27/08 8:46:56AM
The comments I am read shock me to an extent. I mean, I really never cared for Hughes. He reminded me of certain jocks in high school that I generally didn't like. However, I remember that a couple years ago, the comments would be reversed in a thread such as this. Most people would be praising him.

To me the change in peoples' opinion comes from two things. 1) TUF. It seems that most people dislike a coach more once they see them on TUF (there might be a couple of exceptions -Randy maybe Chuck). That doesn't surprise me though. 2) He is less dominant now. Some people say they like fighters because the like watching them beat people up, rather than get beat up. We haven't seen Hughes beat anyone up since BJ Penn (that was a close call too) and that was almost 2 years ago.

zephead
7/27/08 9:15:43AM

Posted by Rush

The comments I am read shock me to an extent. I mean, I really never cared for Hughes. He reminded me of certain jocks in high school that I generally didn't like. However, I remember that a couple years ago, the comments would be reversed in a thread such as this. Most people would be praising him.

To me the change in peoples' opinion comes from two things. 1) TUF. It seems that most people dislike a coach more once they see them on TUF (there might be a couple of exceptions -Randy maybe Chuck). That doesn't surprise me though. 2) He is less dominant now. Some people say they like fighters because the like watching them beat people up, rather than get beat up. We haven't seen Hughes beat anyone up since BJ Penn (that was a close call too) and that was almost 2 years ago.

Don't watch TUF, only the finals. Can't get into reality TV. I could care less about winning and losing. I'm a big fan of The King of Rock n Rumble, Elvis Sinosic, he has a winning percentage below .500. Elvis is cool and is a warrior. He brings it and shows his opponet major respect.

Matt disrespects his opponets. The big reason why I'm not a Tito fan. There's a big difference between confidence and arragance, Matt, to me, is arrogant. Chuck says, matter of factly, "I'm gonna knock him out," that's confidence. Matt says, "Im not gonna lose to a Frenchy."
telnights
7/27/08 3:08:53PM
Matt is one of those guys you either like him or hate him. I never cared much for Matt as a person but as a fighter he truly is great. Ever since he broke away from the Miletich camp and started his own camp he just doesn't seam like the same fighter or maybe it was finding god either way he just isn't the same as he was 2 years ago. He looks slower and less aggressive now. I think if Matt joined up with a good camp and got exited about fighting again we would see a different type of Matt but sadly I don't see that happening.

I think you see a lot of people hating on him because a lot of MMA fans are part time fans. As long as your doing good they love you but start losing and now you suck. You see this a lot in football as well. Every year what ever team wins the super bowl within a week you will see tons of new fans but once they start losing again all those new fans seam to disappear. I don't care for part time fans very much because they aren't about the sport or the fighters, they are more worried about themselves and how it would look to be a fan of the losing side. We see it a lot on these forums as well if someone says this fighter will win and someone else says they will loss sometimes the person that was right will go find and dig up that 3 month old topic just to show they were right but you wont ever hear them say they were wrong. Now I'm not saying everyone is this way in fact one reason I like these forums is it doesn't seam as bad as other forums. We still have our fair share here but for the most part people on here seam to hold true win or loss.
Jackelope
7/27/08 3:34:54PM

Posted by telnights

Matt is one of those guys you either like him or hate him. I never cared much for Matt as a person but as a fighter he truly is great. Ever since he broke away from the Miletich camp and started his own camp he just doesn't seam like the same fighter or maybe it was finding god either way he just isn't the same as he was 2 years ago. He looks slower and less aggressive now. I think if Matt joined up with a good camp and got exited about fighting again we would see a different type of Matt but sadly I don't see that happening.

I think you see a lot of people hating on him because a lot of MMA fans are part time fans. As long as your doing good they love you but start losing and now you suck. You see this a lot in football as well. Every year what ever team wins the super bowl within a week you will see tons of new fans but once they start losing again all those new fans seam to disappear. I don't care for part time fans very much because they aren't about the sport or the fighters, they are more worried about themselves and how it would look to be a fan of the losing side. We see it a lot on these forums as well if someone says this fighter will win and someone else says they will loss sometimes the person that was right will go find and dig up that 3 month old topic just to show they were right but you wont ever hear them say they were wrong. Now I'm not saying everyone is this way in fact one reason I like these forums is it doesn't seam as bad as other forums. We still have our fair share here but for the most part people on here seam to hold true win or loss.

Those are some good points.

Personally I have always been a Matt Hughes fan. He won me over in Trigg vs. Hughes 2 for good. After watching that fight I could never question his heart or dominance.

It seems to me that he's just simply done. His last fight with GSP broke him I think. I guess he feels like he can never beat GSP and because of that his whole attitude towards the fight game has changed. He's older, he's accomplished anything he's ever needed to in order to solidify himself as one of the most dominant champions ever and there's not many other roads for him to travel in MMA.

I think we'll see the old Matt Hughes 1 more time. That's against Matt Serra. After that, he'll retire and seemingly only the hardcores will remember how great he once was.
Pages: 1 [2]