I hate to see a Fedor - Randy Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » I hate to see a Fedor - Randy Fight
Next Page »
the_01
7/23/08 2:22:24AM
Fedor is as awsom of a fighter as it gets, it took him 36 seconds to dismantle Sylvia, with no sweat, he could have had 2 more fights the same night.
On the other hand, it took Randy 5 - 5 minute rounds to barely beep Sylvia on his back in order to get a decision. Sure he knocked him once, but it wasnt that easy, Sylvia possesed a threat to Randy once or twice that fight.
I love Randy, he is my favorite fighter, the guy inspires me. For that reason, I dont wish to see a Fedor - Randy fight, theres a BIG chance that Fedor will win, and most probably in brutal fashion. This is why I dont want to see this fight, it could be Randy's final fight, and I cant bear see him go out with a loss.
loller90278
7/23/08 2:44:33AM
mind you tim was injured in the randy fight...fedors performance on saturday cemented my belief that he will have no problem with randy
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 2:57:14AM
Purge
7/23/08 3:23:24AM
Fedor will retire Randy, the exact same wayy Chuck retired him. Via a broken nose, only faster.
telnights
7/23/08 5:23:53AM
If Randy can get in the clinch he stands a chance. I think it would make for a good fight. Fedor's Sambo is world class but so is Randy's Wrestling. Now Fedor did a great job but people need to understand that AA and Mir both beat Tim in less than a min. Also if Randy hit harder he would have finished Tim maybe in less time than Fedor did. So yes Fedor is the number 1 HW but before everyone starts calling him god again lets let him get another fight or 2 in.
tomp6581
7/23/08 6:08:47AM
I would love to see it.

Essentially you have the UFC champ and the Pride champ fighting for a non promotional mma HW championship belt. Why wouldnt anyone want to see this?

As far as the fight goes, I feel Fedor will have answers for every question randy could ask.....I really dont see Randy having his way on the ground or even in the clinch with Fedor.....I feel they are pretty even in terms of wrestleing...but Fedor is quicker, more explosive, hits harder, better stand up, better submissions and has proved to have good recovery when in trouble.

Never say never, especially with Randy, but I feel Fedor matches up pretty well with Randy.

Josh Barnet i feel is a bigger threat.
billycarnage
7/23/08 10:46:17AM
I like Randy too. But I gotta see him fight Fedor. He has done a lot to get this fight and I know he still wants it. Maybe he is thinking twice about it now but I think he deserves at the very least to get his ass beat. He would last longer than Tim I am sure but still I give it to Fedor via TKO in the 1st.

Then Barnett can step up and fight Fedor.
shockwave
7/23/08 12:16:43PM

Posted by tomp6581

Never say never, especially with Randy, but I feel Fedor matches up pretty well with Randy.

amen to that
IriShame
7/23/08 1:29:08PM
You know the first few minutes of the Randy vs. Tim fight played out pretty much the same as the Fedor vs. Tim fight. With Tim getting rocked going to the ground with his opponent taking his back and trying to apply a rear naked choke. The only difference, Fedor sunk his. So I'm not going to say that Fedor beat him quick and Randy took five rounds so MMA math says Fedor beats Randy. If Tim gets out of that choke maybe he goes the distance with Fedor. I doubt it but it's possible, he is a tough guy to put away. All I'm saying is don't bury Randy yet. He's been left for dead too many times by MMA fans and has come through with clutch victories so let's give him the respect he deserves.

As for Barnett, I think he looked like a big stiff until he landed that KO blow. I don't see him being able to do anything against Fedor.
grappler0000
7/23/08 1:38:12PM

Posted by the_01

Fedor is as awsom of a fighter as it gets, it took him 36 seconds to dismantle Sylvia, with no sweat, he could have had 2 more fights the same night.
On the other hand, it took Randy 5 - 5 minute rounds to barely beep Sylvia on his back in order to get a decision. Sure he knocked him once, but it wasnt that easy, Sylvia possesed a threat to Randy once or twice that fight.
I love Randy, he is my favorite fighter, the guy inspires me. For that reason, I dont wish to see a Fedor - Randy fight, theres a BIG chance that Fedor will win, and most probably in brutal fashion. This is why I dont want to see this fight, it could be Randy's final fight, and I cant bear see him go out with a loss.

Did you watch the first 36 seconds of Randy/Tim? It is a very similar fight. The difference is that Randy wasn't able to secure his arm under Tim's chin...does that mean that Fedor will brutally beat Randy? I don't think you can tell that by the fact that Fedor submitted Tim, but Randy didn't. Fedor has better submissions, but we already knew that. You say that it wasn't easy for Randy to knock him down...did you watch the fight? His first combo did the job. And as for Tim posing a threat to Randy in their fight...I think you need to rewatch it, because Randy won every second of every round. In fact, since his fight with Ricco back in '02, It would be difficult to find 5 seconds of tape where Randy didn't have complete control of a fight, outside of the 2 punches from Chuck. The guy is ridiculously good with ridiculously good game plans. With that said, I think he has a shot at upsetting Fedor, but I'd put my money on Fedor in the end...and Randy's odds would obviously go up if it were in a cage, but I'd still give an edge to Fedor.

Edit: looks like IriShame beat me to the first part of my statement.
cowcatcher
7/23/08 2:21:48PM

Posted by IriShame

As for Barnett, I think he looked like a big stiff until he landed that KO blow. I don't see him being able to do anything against Fedor.

i can see someone that hasnt seen barnett before saying this, as some of the guys i watched affliction with hadnt seen him either and said the same thing. that wasnt barneys best performance, but try to catch some of his other fights online because he is a beast and a definite threat to beat any HW in the world. i think a lot of fans that saw him for the first time at affliction werent overly impressed except for the last punch, and thats too bad, but the guy has beaten guys like randy, nog, aleks, monson, hunt, and the list goes on and on. hopefully we get to see him fight more often now that affliction seems to have hit the ground running, a match between him and fedor is near the top of my wish list.

also, randy and fedor is a close close call, and im still on the fence about who wins, its very hard to say randy cant win a fight even if it is against fedor.
billycarnage
7/23/08 2:57:30PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i can see someone that hasnt seen barnett before saying this, as some of the guys i watched affliction with hadnt seen him either and said the same thing. that wasnt barneys best performance, but try to catch some of his other fights online because he is a beast and a definite threat to beat any HW in the world. i think a lot of fans that saw him for the first time at affliction werent overly impressed except for the last punch, and thats too bad, but the guy has beaten guys like randy, nog, aleks, monson, hunt, and the list goes on and on. hopefully we get to see him fight more often now that affliction seems to have hit the ground running, a match between him and fedor is near the top of my wish list.

Barnett is a beast and I think he played very safe/smart in that fight because of the history. He respected Rizzo's power and he didn't want history to repeat itself. I thought he did great staying outside and picking his shots. Long lived Fedor but if he should lose may it be to Josh Barnett.
loonytnt
7/23/08 3:15:55PM
wow fedor beat tim and you get randy haters lol, ok so he beat tim, im sure tims game play didnt have fedor bombin on him, fedor shock tim with that, if the fight didnt end fast im sure tim could have had a better chance. randy droped tim the same way fedor did its just fedor fin him, i think fedors ground sub game is better then randys but here is the thing people dont remember fedor is great but wrestler give he a hard time and what does randy do? i think it will be a great fight
ncordless
7/23/08 5:51:16PM

Posted by loonytnt

wow fedor beat tim and you get randy haters lol, ok so he beat tim, im sure tims game play didnt have fedor bombin on him, fedor shock tim with that, if the fight didnt end fast im sure tim could have had a better chance. randy droped tim the same way fedor did its just fedor fin him, i think fedors ground sub game is better then randys but here is the thing people dont remember fedor is great but wrestler give he a hard time and what does randy do? i think it will be a great fight

When has a wrestler ever given Fedor a hard time? Here is a list of wrestlers who have fought Fedor and the outcome.

Fujita - sub rnd 1
Coleman- sub rnd 1
Randleman- Sub rnd 1
Ogawa- sub rnd 1
Coleman- sub rnd 2
Lindland- sub rnd 1

In fact the only people to make it through a fight with Fedor are:
Ricardo Arona
Renato Sobral
Ryushi Yanagaisawa
Semmy Schilt
Big Nog x 2
Cro Cop

K-1 level strikers and world class BJJ guys have lasted to decision... but not often

I'm not saying Randy doesn't have a chance, because Fedor has never fought an opponent as smart as Randy. But it's not really true that Fedor has ever had a problem with a wrestler.
jocksmall
7/23/08 8:52:58PM

Posted by the_01

come on let randy take his ass kicking ill pay 40 to see it
JimiMak
7/23/08 9:17:03PM
On paper Fedor destroys everyone. Does this mean he should not fight cuz noone deserves the shot? of course not.

If Randy is really your fav, why wouldn't you want to see him fight the best in the world? win or loss shouldn't matter quite as much as seeing the fight.

There is a certain "pain" when my fav guys lose, but it almost impresses me more to see someone destroy my fav (I got into Wandy after the first Saku match, for example)
Mchubb316
7/23/08 11:51:55PM
Randy is a legend in the sport, and is known for his great gameplan. He had a plan against Sylvia he believed would work, and executed it to perfection. I think that he will have a plan in the works against Fedor. The problem is I don't think Randy has ever fought anyone quite as dynamic as Fedor. I think alot of times people find ways that Fedor will lose, but it doesn't happen becuase Fedor can win in so many different ways that one gameplan won't work with him.
jkdskinhead
7/24/08 1:55:53AM
Is no one going to mention that Randy is 16-8? That means for every two fights the dude wins, he losses one. Fedor is 28-1, with his one and only loss, being controversial and avenged. Not only does Fedor's record blow Randys away, Fedor also had the stiffer competition. Randy cant even hold his own in LHW devision, what makes anyone think he can hold his own against a guy like Fedor?

Randy is a great guy, and a great athlete, but if you fallow his career, watched all his fights, you clearly see Fedor is the major major favorite here. Sure Randy has a shot at the win, but its not very likely.. anyone that says otherwise, its clearly hugging on Randy.. its all there plain as day.

Josh would certainly be a harder fight for Fedor.
smky213
7/24/08 9:57:33AM
why cant people just accept that fedeor will wreck ranndy. i heldf a little hope waiting to see what tim could do but the man is just leaps and bounds above anyone out there. there is no one who could eeven challenge fedor the man is a fraek .
mrsmiley
7/24/08 6:37:19PM
Fedor VS Couture would be an amazing fight to see.Though I wonder if it would hurt the sport more than it would help it.I mean think of it this way,I am willing to bet if Fedor and Couture got to meet eachother in the ring,both guys would easily make over 1 million dollars for that fight.That might seem like a good thing,but once other fighters see guys like Couture and Fedor making that much,it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the top talent flocked that way.That could lead to "easy" fights to build fighters name more than their actual skill,etc.

I know this is more like a "what if" scenario,but has anyone else thought of the consequences like that?
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/25/08 12:01:33AM
Would you rather he fought nog? He's losing either way. I think randy will retire in the ufc. After the forest page fight randy was shown on camera for the first time in many months, standing next to dana white ffs. I think they are patching it up. fedor would destroy randy.
IriShame
7/25/08 3:27:55AM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Is no one going to mention that Randy is 16-8? That means for every two fights the dude wins, he losses one. Fedor is 28-1, with his one and only loss, being controversial and avenged. Not only does Fedor's record blow Randys away, Fedor also had the stiffer competition. Randy cant even hold his own in LHW devision, what makes anyone think he can hold his own against a guy like Fedor?

Randy is a great guy, and a great athlete, but if you fallow his career, watched all his fights, you clearly see Fedor is the major major favorite here. Sure Randy has a shot at the win, but its not very likely.. anyone that says otherwise, its clearly hugging on Randy.. its all there plain as day.

Josh would certainly be a harder fight for Fedor.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that Randy compiled his record against far tougher competition than Fedor.
billycarnage
7/25/08 11:06:06AM
^^^ I think you are alone brother ^^^

jkdskinhead is right on the money
mrsmiley
7/26/08 12:13:52AM

Posted by billycarnage

^^^ I think you are alone brother ^^^

jkdskinhead is right on the money

I agree.I say Fedor has fought tougher competition,and has looked better in winning than Randy has.
RMFG_187
7/26/08 4:14:13AM
If this fight happens before Randy is 50, Than I take Randy, but its takin too long! He can only get older!
Shoppe
7/27/08 5:21:28PM

Posted by IriShame

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that Randy compiled his record against far tougher competition than Fedor.

Really... looking at both their record, I can't see how anyone could think that, but I would gladly hear why you think that.

Because as I see it, the only impressive thing I see on his record are his fights againts Barnett, Rizzo and Ricco. Other than that, he's fighting some mediocre HWs or getting his ass kicked at light HW.

Anyways, when it comes to the fight between him and Fedor, with Randy lacking ko power and the sub skills to sub Fedor, I see it as a fight were Fedor has plenty of time to end it by sub.
jakeiceman
9/3/08 1:38:49AM
Its captain american bitches....enough said.
Mungooch
9/3/08 6:53:32AM
Anderson should fight Fedor. I am not really a huge fan of either but they are the best going around let them go at it.
jgtribbett
9/9/08 11:18:28PM
i still think fedor is theultimate over mma..

lets see waht game plane couture can come up with
DoTheMMAth
9/10/08 2:04:33AM
Is Randy really a god of gameplanning? If so, then why is his record prior to decisioning an injured Tim Sylvia and beating an over-hyped Gabe Gonzaga via broken-nose-on-takedown so mediocre? Loss to Ricco Rodriguez, loss to Barnett, 2 losses to Liddell, and even a loss to "Vitor of Old" (even though Belfort lucked out on that one, I'll admit).

"He's been a champion so many times though!"

He's also lost a championship so many times, and the UFC has been incredibly generous in giving him title shots of some sort for nearly every fight he's had.

Personally I'd like to see Couture beat Big Nog before even mentioning the "F" word.
Pages: [1] 2