Hasim Rahman makes move to MMA; Seeks fight with Kimbo Slice

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Hasim Rahman makes move to MMA; Seeks fight with Kimbo Slice
betii
2/24/09 3:53:27PM
Sources close to the information have just informed us that former undisputed heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman has officially made the move to MMA.

HASIM RAHMAN TO FIGHT IN MMA; SEEKS FIGHT WITH KIMBO SLICE

loller90278
2/24/09 4:11:02PM
wow thats the first big name boxer coming over to MMA. im just thinking right now if strikeforce can make a deal with rahman-kimbo to air on cbs... that'd be big ratings and big $$
higdon10
2/24/09 4:20:53PM
Rahman/Kimbo would be a pretty big draw if Strikeforce can sign him.
Wolfenstein
2/24/09 8:27:26PM
Wow--Hasim is pretty high profile. It's surprising because he was still getting title shots here and there. If he even has some semblance of TD defense he'll knock Kimbo's head off into the back row.
cmb19932
2/24/09 8:37:32PM
ewww not a fan but he could still take kimbo out
pv3Hpv3p
2/25/09 12:11:16PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Wow--Hasim is pretty high profile. It's surprising because he was still getting title shots here and there. If he even has some semblance of TD defense he'll knock Kimbo's head off into the back row.

I think a lot of people thought the same thing when Kimbo fought Ray Mercer in that exhibition match a long time ago...

I don't think boxers, especially older generation boxers, can make the transition to MMA... They are too stuck in their ways and IMO couldn't deal with kicks, TD's, and subs... It's the whole "old dog, new tricks" thing...

I'd sure watch the fight... Though I'd imagine Kimbo would take it to the ground and pound him out or guillotene him like he did Mercer
cowcatcher
2/26/09 9:43:34AM
boxing doesnt translate as well to mma as punching does if that makes sense. the stance is different, the jab is different and cant be used the same way, and the guy has ZERO training other than in the sweet science. if he fights kimbo thats a good thing for publicity but in the grand scheme of things he will make little to no impact in this arena. then again at least it might piss off larry merchant.