Hardy to mirror Matt Serra for his GSP fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hardy to mirror Matt Serra for his GSP fight
marcoDGK
12/15/09 2:02:41PM
“I don’t want it to become too much of an issue -- defending the takedown -- because I won’t throw like I do against anybody else,” Hardy said. “I don’t want to be holding back on any of my kicks and punches because, at the end of the day, that’s what is going to win me the fight. My intention is to go in there, throw hard, just like Matt Serra did, but obviously a little more technical -- I’m a little quicker and more technical. I’ve got reach and weight on Matt Serra, so I can do exactly what he did but a lot better.”

I don't know how successful that will be. GSP is as strong as an OX.

Hardys predition:

“The fight’s basically going to be, I would say, two rounds of me defending takedowns and getting up off my back and landing shots as soon as I can, as soon as I can get some space, and in the third round I think I will connect with something clean and hurt him,” Hardy said. “I certainly think by that time he will already be opened up and bleeding.”

Sherdog.com
cowcatcher
12/15/09 2:12:46PM
at least hes a realist about the TDs and having to get off his back a lot. he has good hands and has a shot, but hes not the guy i expect to take GSP out, im not sure theres anyone that i expect to do that.
emfleek
12/15/09 2:14:26PM
I love ya, Dan, but...

submissionartist1
12/15/09 2:46:02PM
Dan may get a little stage fright and taken down a lil..
SmileR
12/15/09 2:52:55PM
The sad thing is Hardy is talking about Serra like he is better than him. I really don't think he's a top 10 WW and I'm really looking forward to GSP shutting him up for a while.
LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD
12/15/09 2:54:00PM
GSP is going to murder him.
postman
12/15/09 4:29:27PM
He might as well try to throw before he hits the mat. GSP took BJ down like it was nothing Dan is going to be on his back for sure.
telnights
12/15/09 4:44:49PM
It didn't work out to well for Serra the 2nd time around.
State_Champ
12/15/09 4:55:13PM
I'm agreeing with most people. I think GSP will crush Dan for sure......but Dan does seem to have some big power in his punches (especially his left hook I believe) and that could spell trouble for GSP. I think swinging for the fences is Hardy's best chance to win....but it's a slim chance at best.

Sprawl and brawl, Hardy.
imanidiot777
12/15/09 5:33:47PM

Posted by State_Champ

I'm agreeing with most people. I think GSP will crush Dan for sure......but Dan does seem to have some big power in his punches (especially his left hook I believe) and that could spell trouble for GSP. I think swinging for the fences is Hardy's best chance to win....but it's a slim chance at best.

Sprawl and brawl, Hardy.

And Thiago Alves has power in everything; look where that got him against GSP. He controls you better than anyone while inflicting damage at the same time.
roadking95th
12/15/09 10:51:36PM

Posted by telnights

It didn't work out to well for Serra the 2nd time around.

I really hope Hardy means the first fight
Lil_Copper
12/16/09 10:12:45PM
GSP will murder that British mutha fugga.
I think Matt Serra can beat Hardy, as a matter of fact I think Matt Serra is gonna choke Trigg out.

If Matt wins his fight, I think Dan and him should fight.
fonduktoe
12/16/09 10:27:29PM

Posted by Lil_Copper

GSP will murder that British mutha fugga.
I think Matt Serra can beat Hardy, as a matter of fact I think Matt Serra is gonna choke Trigg out.

If Matt wins his fight, I think Dan and him should fight.

if hardy loses they could just rename the ww division to the "we've had our asses kicked by gsp" weight class.
cmill21
12/16/09 10:34:37PM
This will be a brutal beat down and a boring fight IMO.
warglory
12/16/09 10:53:15PM

Posted by cmill21

This will be a brutal beat down and a boring fight IMO.

I agree, I just can't justify in my mind how Hardy deserves this shot be they in quality wins, hype OR talent.