Hardy: ''I'll stop Gono In two Rounds

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hardy: ''I'll stop Gono In two Rounds
MMAcca
8/30/08 12:17:41AM
Dan Hardy expects to stop PRIDE FC veteran Akihiro Gono inside two rounds when they meet at UFC 89 in October.

Hardy will be making his UFC debut at the event, which will take place in Birmingham, around an hour’s drive from his home city of Nottingham.

Addressing Gono via his blog, Hardy wrote: “Birmingham is a long way to travel to from Japan just to get your backside kicked in two rounds!”

Hardy is not being disrespectful towards Gono – he knows that the Japanese fighter represents a tough test.

“That the UFC is putting me in the Octagon with a fighter as respected as Gono in my very first fight with them tells me that they know I've got the potential to go a long way,” he says.

LINK
prozacnation1978
8/30/08 12:26:50AM
i have hardy pulling the upset in his home crowd
Wolfenstein
8/30/08 12:26:54AM
I've watched a few of Dan Hardy's fights. He has the tools to be a solid fighter in the UFC, but I have noticed when he steps up in competition he struggles. Forrest Petz, Yoshiyuki Yoshia (even though Yoshida won by DQ), and David Baron (twice) really gave him trouble. Gono is on the same level as those guys and I think Hardy is going to struggle here as well.

I don't see many guys from the UK winning their fights except for Bisping. I don't know how pleased the audience is going to be seeing just about all off their hometown favorites lose.
jiujitsufreak74
8/30/08 12:31:40AM
Gono is a seasoned vet who has faced and defeated top competition. i really like him a lot at WW and i think he will challenge some of the top 10 WWs like Diego and Karo. he is 34 though, so age will start to become a problem, but he has all the tools to make a splash in the UFC Gono will sneak up the WW rankings so i suggest to keep an eye on him.
bullettdodger
8/31/08 1:33:05AM
Hardy is in for a ruuuuude awakening because how will he stop Gono in two if Gono subs him in the first...
jiujitsufreak74
8/31/08 1:46:16AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Hardy is in for a ruuuuude awakening because how will he stop Gono in two if Gono subs him in the first...

LMAO...although i 100% agree with you it is eerie how much that resembles what Chuck said about Rampage
bullettdodger
8/31/08 7:58:25PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by bullettdodger

LMAO...although i 100% agree with you it is eerie how much that resembles what Chuck said about Rampage

yeah.... that makes me a bit worried...just a bit
WrestlersAssassin
8/31/08 11:06:56PM
It will probably only take Gono one round to submit Hardy. But good luck to him because hes a pretty good fighter. I just cant wait for Bisping to be put to sleep.
Ben_Hutch
9/1/08 7:01:06AM
Dan Hardy will 100% definitely beat Gono, I guarantee it. Dan will go a long way in the UFC.
MMAcca
9/1/08 2:18:33PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Dan Hardy will 100% definitely beat Gono, I guarantee it. Dan will go a long way in the UFC.