Hardonk, Cool Under Pressure, Foils Mugging in LA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hardonk, Cool Under Pressure, Foils Mugging in LA
Bowen50
7/2/09 11:59:07AM
We all know the old adage about ‘strength in numbers’, but you have to think that the three young men who tried to mug 6 foot 4, 245 pound UFC heavyweight Antoni Hardonk in Los Angeles a week and a half ago were either very brave or very stupid – or both.

“I’ve worked security in the clubs and had some incidents there when people are fighting and you have to break up a fight, or somebody’s drunk and you have to guide them out, but this time, they wanted to have my money, they wanted to rob me, and that was a new experience for me,” Hardonk told UFC.com. “First they asked if I had some change so I looked in my wallet. They said they needed some help, and asked if I could help them out. I don’t mind helping people, so I took a look. Then suddenly the tone in their voice changed and they said ‘gimme your money.’

Link
fizzle
7/2/09 12:10:18PM
Cool read. This article personalizes Hardonk... he seems like a really good guy.
JahanJahkesh
7/2/09 1:08:16PM
These guys where drinking the same water as the guys who tried brawling with the Overeem brothers. Criminals are so stupid.
Giant_Ochai
7/2/09 1:08:51PM
Too bad he didn't get to work them over like the 72-year-old ex-boxer did to the punk that broke into his place.
EpicTerran
7/2/09 3:29:31PM
Nice story, Hardonk seems like a pretty stand up guy.
Joemoplata
7/2/09 3:42:15PM
We've been fortunate to have Hardonk stop by our Academy for some training and even though I wasn't there when we was from all accounts he is a super nice guy. Glad to hear he didn't get hurt in the process!
Brain_Smasher
7/2/09 4:15:06PM

Posted by EpicTerran

Yeah but its his ground game thats the problem.
Joemoplata
7/2/09 4:19:20PM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

HA!!
scobac
7/2/09 4:49:34PM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Posted by EpicTerran

ZING!
Jackelope
7/2/09 4:56:08PM
I really like Hardonk as a fighter, but he just isn't coming along so far. Dude isn't getting any younger, either. Still, hearing a story like this about the man makes me like him even more. Class act, Hardonk
Wolfenstein
7/2/09 6:17:11PM
prozacnation1978
7/2/09 8:07:14PM
he should have leg kicked one of them
Brain_Smasher
7/3/09 8:49:41AM
That was what i was hoping the Article was about. I would pay to see him leg kick street scum. hahaha