Who Has Had the Hardest Night in MMA History

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who Has Had the Hardest Night in MMA History
puppetmaster837
4/28/08 7:28:27PM
I was wondering what fighter you guys think has had to do the hardest one night worth of fights from the old tournament style. I think its Dan Henderson at the Rings-King of Kings 1999 Finals. He had to face Gilbert Yvel, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera and Renato Sobral all in one night. He won all three matches by decision. I could not even imagine how hard that must have been. So what do you guys think is the hardest night?
juanez13
4/28/08 7:47:47PM
Yuki Nakai at the 1995 Vale Tudo Japan , when he got to the finals against rickson he was Fcked up, i think he couldnt see out of one eye, and had permanent eye damage, amongst other injuries, might be why he retired after that.

Barnett had a rought night on the 06' open weight GP, winning a split decision over noguiera than having to fight a fresh/ and focused mirko at the finals.

royce also had a rough night at UFC 3, after his fight with Kimo he had to throw in the towel on the next fight, even though kimo lost he messed royce up pretty bad.

But at the top of my list is Shogun at the 2005 middleweight GP, beating Lil Nog in a hard fought decision, than fighting alistair overeem and ricardo arona on the same night was unbelievable .
SpiderSilva
4/28/08 9:00:46PM
Matt Serra vs GSP 2

LOL we all knew it was coming
aaa9erh8er
4/28/08 9:36:36PM
But at the top of my list is Shogun at the 2005 middleweight GP, beating Lil Nog in a hard fought decision, than fighting alistair overeem and ricardo arona on the same night was unbelievable .

\

you beat me to it but to the coment on henderson id say there tied.
Playground_Samurai
4/29/08 3:47:02AM
I'd rank Hendo's and Shogun's nights pretty high. CC and Barnett's also. I'd throw in Babalu when he beat Prangley, Shogun, and Horn all in the same night. Also, Rampage had to fight Chuck and Wandy in the same night.....That couldn't of been fun.
juanez13
4/29/08 6:52:57AM

Posted by gspfan

I'd rank Hendo's and Shogun's nights pretty high. CC and Barnett's also. I'd throw in Babalu when he beat Prangley, Shogun, and Horn all in the same night. Also, Rampage had to fight Chuck and Wandy in the same night.....That couldn't of been fun.

Im sure he had some fun beating Chuck
Playground_Samurai
4/29/08 6:59:24AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by gspfan

Im sure he had some fun beating Chuck

Ah, I guess so. That first fight was a war though. Nothing like their second.
mrsmiley
4/29/08 7:22:26AM
"Yuki Nakai at the 1995 Vale Tudo Japan , when he got to the finals against rickson he was Fcked up, i think he couldnt see out of one eye, and had permanent eye damage, amongst other injuries, might be why he retired after that."

You read my mind.I go with Nakai.Never has anyone taking a beating like that and continued going.
It must have been hard for Sakuraba at the original PRIDE GP as well.Fight Royce for over an hour,only to have to go on and fight Igor Vovchanzin!
jimmypockets
4/30/08 1:46:58AM
KAZUSHI SAKURABA had the hardest night in the 2000 GP tournament. He had to fight Royce Gracie for an hour and a half then came back out and fought Igor Vovchanchyn. He faced one the best BJJ artists in the world......beat him.....and came back out to gave Igor (one of the best all around strkers ever) one hell of a fight before throwing in the towel. I have watched a lot of tournaments and performances but the heart Sakuraba showed is unmatched still to this day.
Kpro
4/30/08 5:17:04AM
No idea if it was the toughest night in MMA history, but it's not common knowledge so I'll toss it out there.

Valdemar Santana defeated Helio Gracie via TKO in 1955 in a match that lasted 3 hours and 40 minutes. This is the longest match in MMA history.
pv3Hpv3p
4/30/08 1:28:46PM
I gotta go with babalu beaating Prangley Shogun and Horn on the same night...
blkssncpt
4/30/08 8:20:40PM
i'd have to agree with u guys on Yuki, i mean he had two long fights only to end up having to fight Rickson, but Rickson being the class act that he is didnt punch him or throw strikes knowing that his eyes was severely damaged snd submitted him. and yes he retired after that tourny and no long had sight out of that eye. u can watch their match and the whole thing play out in the documantry called "Choke" it was about Rickson and that tourny, here's a link to part one i think the Yuki and tourny part is in the 3rd and 4th parts.
http://www.dailymotion.com/bookmarks/blkssncpt/video/x2w7s2_rickson-gracie-choke-documentary-1_sport
i thought i had posted them before but i guess not.

also most of the guys who faught Wandy in pride...

-Rob
throwmeahotone
4/30/08 9:22:14PM
Kalib Starnes
Jackelope
4/30/08 9:53:34PM

Posted by throwmeahotone

Kalib Starnes

LOL
Tein_Lung
4/30/08 10:03:45PM

Posted by Kpro

No idea if it was the toughest night in MMA history, but it's not common knowledge so I'll toss it out there.

Valdemar Santana defeated Helio Gracie via TKO in 1955 in a match that lasted 3 hours and 40 minutes. This is the longest match in MMA history.

that wasn't and MMA match that was grapling...

Royce Gracie / Sakuraba have the offical longest MMA match in history at 90 minutes in which Royce got beat like a red headed step child though most of it and had his corner throw in the towel becaose he was not man enough to give up himself
Kpro
5/1/08 1:00:40PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by Kpro

that wasn't and MMA match that was grapling...

Maybe not organized or sanctioned, but the constant submission attempts and TKO via head kick make it an MMA match does it not? Yes.
Rush
5/1/08 1:49:42PM

Posted by jimmypockets

KAZUSHI SAKURABA had the hardest night in the 2000 GP tournament. He had to fight Royce Gracie for an hour and a half then came back out and fought Igor Vovchanchyn. He faced one the best BJJ artists in the world......beat him.....and came back out to gave Igor (one of the best all around strkers ever) one hell of a fight before throwing in the towel. I have watched a lot of tournaments and performances but the heart Sakuraba showed is unmatched still to this day.

This what I would have picked. End thread.....