Hard work

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Hard work
loonytnt
9/4/07 4:28:09PM
i just started a diat and ive lost 7lbs im on fight weight and i got 2months before my fight, im super happy about this i just wanted to say if you stay on a diat and dont cheat on it and train hard it all works out

i train 5hrs a day 6 days a week, should i add more time to this or should i keep it up

props be nice to im pretty happy about 7lbs in 10days
fedorwins1
9/4/07 4:41:31PM
5 hrs a day and 6 times a week? I think you're exaggerating.

It's diet not diat.
bayonetxwork
9/4/07 6:25:05PM
Not to burst your bubble, but that could very easily be water weight since losses due to good nutrition don't normally come that fast, actually its only considered safe to drop 2lbs. max due to dieting, so I almost guarantee that it's water weight

5hrs a day 6 days a week? I don't know about that. But to answer your question thats more than enough.
Mastodon2
9/4/07 6:51:31PM
Sounds like you've only lost water weight, but give it time and you will lose the fat. I wish I had some way to test my BMI, but unfortunately I dont. By overhauling my diet from crap to excellent, as well as starting Muay Thai training along with some fitness training, Ive come down from 205lbs+ to about 176lbs, and I'm still losing weight. I've gone from being quite out of shape to being in pretty damn good shape, now I'm just shooting for the Buakaw body

But as for training, 5 or 6 times a week is easily enough. 6 times could be, dare I say it, more than enough? That only leaves one rest days, and if you don't rest properly, your progress will plateau.
Rush
9/4/07 8:24:27PM

Posted by Mastodon2

But as for training, 5 or 6 times a week is easily enough. 6 times could be, dare I say it, more than enough? That only leaves one rest days, and if you don't rest properly, your progress will plateau.

I am pretty sure it will decline and possibly cause chronic fatigue
loonytnt
9/5/07 1:28:54PM
so 5 days be better? and its not water weight i was at 10.5 body fat im at 8.2 now
Omega
9/5/07 2:16:31PM

Posted by loonytnt

so 5 days be better? and its not water weight i was at 10.5 body fat im at 8.2 now

Shorten your practices and make sure they're more intense. Recovery is just as important as practicing. 3 days intense and 2 days technical is a good rule of thumb.
fedorwins1
9/5/07 3:32:39PM
How old are you? Just wondering, because you have a lot of free time to practice that much. Wish I could be in the gym that much...