Tyson Vs Aurelio 30% (13)
Cote Vs Almeida 35% (15)
Stevenson Vs Tibau 0% (0)
Guillard Vs Siver 23% (10)
Other 5% (2)
EON
6/29/08 7:52:26PM
Some of the hardest picks for me are...

(Gonzaga Vs McCully) - It seems like a match made for Gonzaga but i cant help but question his heart and dedication, probably going to pick Gonzaga but i think hes in a must win situation so it might change his approach in that he will go all out and use better fighting instincts like the Cro Cop fight

(Guillard Vs Siver) - I'm getting sick of picking and pulling for Guillard to give us a Rick Davis KO and again this is most likely a win or leave town match for Guillard so he might just go for broke and explode even if it means gassing if he dosnt knock Siver out, on the other hand Siver is a well rounded and dangerous fighter himself, i think he should be able to take Guillard down and submit him but it could be a brutal end

(Stevenson Vs Tibau) - I found myself rooting for Tibau in the middle of the Tyson fight and i even thought he should have gotten a split decision in his favor or in Tysons favor (possibly a draw) it was closer than unanimous for me, but Tibau might also see this as his last time to shine in the UFC and if he beat a top name like Stevenson he'd shoot up the rankings and he has the size and skills, however Stevenson should be hungrier than ever to make an impression having been to the top in fighting BJ Penn and failing in every aspect of that fight, this could be FOTN written all over it

(Cote Vs Almeida) - I havnt changed my pick from Almeida but to me this fight will be decided in the first round how the fight will end up, Almeida is too good on the ground for Cote even though Cote isnt bad on the ground, i think Cote can keep it standing if he has worked harder on his sprawl and brawl and has the chin to take any kind of shots in this fight so me thinks Cote will not want to waste any time in establishing where he wants the fight, even though i think Almeida will pull it off, this is 50/50 to me

(Tyson Vs Aurelio) - This is by far the hardest fight to pick on this event, the percentages are a bit odd if you ask me, Aurelio is almost a heavy underdog which surprises me, sure Tyson has all the necessary skills to win but i think Aurelio is better on the ground and if he takes it there he should submit him or take it the distance, Tyson's best chance is to use his great scrambling skills and standup (which in this case is a bit better than Aurelio's) and if he wins he'll probably get a decision...again, another FOTN candidate
hotrodttt
6/29/08 8:06:21PM
I'll elaborate and give you a Good Picture of who will most likely Win

Gonzaga vs McCully- Ok, Justin is a Jui Jitsu Fighter who's not that Good at Jui Jitsu, he got caught in an Armbar by Antoni Hardonk ! And GG's Jits is a lot better than Antoni's. I say he'll Mount Justin in the 1st Round and Transition to an Armbar from there. Just like what he did to Marrero.

Siver vs Guillard- Most people don't know that Dennis is a Championship Kickboxer, so he'll be able to beat Melvin on the Feet. The only way I see Melvin Winning this Fight is in fact a Flash Knockout. I don't see him Submitting Dennis because Dennis only gets Subbed by Agressive Jui Jitsu Guys.

Tibau vs Stevenson- I'm taking Tibau all the way, his Wrestling is Suprisingly Better and he's a lot Bigger than Joe. Joe's boxing is Better but I don't see this as a Stand Up. I think Gleison will smother Joe. He almost did it to Tyson Griffin but he got up, and Tyson scrambling is a lot better than Joe's.

Cote vs Almieda- This Fight is the Hardest Fight for me to Pick. I think Almeida will body lock Takedown Cote and Submit him with a Rear Naked Choke. Patrick could Knock him out but I don't see it happening.

Tyson vs Aurelio- I think this is a hard Fight to call but not too hard. Tyson is most likely going to keep it Standing but there is a Threat of a Takedown from Marcus as he did take Gomi down, and Gomi's Wrestling is Better than Tyson's. But I'm taking Tyson.
EON
6/29/08 8:18:58PM

Posted by hotrodttt

no offense, but isnt that kinda what i did? i appreciate the insight though
hotrodttt
6/29/08 8:24:52PM

Posted by EON

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah but you said they were the hardest Picks and I just tried to give you a better idea of the Fights
EON
6/29/08 8:29:49PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by EON

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah but you said they were the hardest Picks and I just tried to give you a better idea of the Fights

yeah no, i said i appreciate it, it just sounded a different way, nevermind
xposipx
6/29/08 8:42:46PM
Why isn't Gurgel vs. Miller on there?

The hard ones are that, Aurelio vs. Griffin, and Almeida vs. Cote. I'm confident in my guys, but all of those three could go either way depending on who is better that night and gets off to the stronger start.

EDIT: Stevenson Vs Tibau is an upset waiting to happen, but I'll stick with Stevenson because I don't see him losing two in a row...plus I really want him to win
chrismithers
6/29/08 9:14:12PM
Aurelia vs Tyson and Cote vs Almedia. Are definatley the hardest picks. Cause if you think about Tyson isnt as great as people say he is even though hes still good. Aurelia is a great well rounded fighter. cote vs almedia might win fight of the year if they push it to a decison or a great comeback KO or Submission.
DevonFoxy
6/29/08 9:14:13PM
See I really like Cote but the loss to Lutter is still fresh in my mind and he didn't fair to well against him. I think being handed a couple of strikers has def. given Cote confidence but I think Ricardo will win by submission as Lutter did. Don't know which submission but thats my opinion.

I could def. see Cote knocking him out but it's hard to knock out a fighter when hes on top of you so I think Almeida by 1st round submission.

Thats why I think Tyson vs Marcus is the hardest Marcus looks great lately and Tyson always gets the benefit of the doubt on decisions so I'm going with Tyson but this should be a heck of a fight.
EON
6/29/08 9:15:18PM

Posted by xposipx

it is.....its in the "other" choice
Twenty20Dollars
6/29/08 9:36:16PM
i think most of these are hard to pick. but i think tyson vs marcus is the hardest because they are kinda equal, and tyson shouldnt have all the wins he has, he won fights that should have gone the other way.

but im taking marcus,cote,tibau,gurgel,koscheck and melvin
mkiv9secsupra
6/29/08 10:26:21PM
Almeida/Cote

the ENTIRE fight is based on takedown defense and thats just not something we get to see from cote too much.
prozacnation1978
6/29/08 10:53:33PM
there are some hard fights, i will either win big or lose big

i have tyson winning, kos, gurgel

hardest for me is cote vs almeida if cote comes out swinging like he did against grove and mcfedries he will knock him out easier. but if he hits the ground he is done baby.

Figsak
6/30/08 1:22:22AM
Any time Guillard is fighting its a rough pick. The guy just lets me down everytime >,< Then I pick him to lose and he SMASHES his opponent. Picking Guillard fights is like betting on a monopoly game between 2 ppl with downs syndrome.

You never know whats gonna happen, but you know at the end one of them is gonna end up unconscious somehow.
Naturaldisaster
6/30/08 1:52:03AM
For me its Tyson vs. Arellio (sp?) and Cote vs. Almeida.

Gonzaga vs. McCully wasnt hard to pick at all. I laughed then picked Gonzaga. Simple as that
Pookie
6/30/08 2:04:36AM

Posted by xposipx

The hard ones are that, Aurelio vs. Griffin, and Almeida vs. Cote. I'm confident in my guys, but all of those three could go either way depending on who is better that night and gets off to the stronger start.

EDIT: Stevenson Vs Tibau is an upset waiting to happen, but I'll stick with Stevenson because I don't see him losing two in a row...plus I really want him to win

Because everybody knows gurgel is going to lose that one.

holt8081
6/30/08 2:38:25AM
Im finding it hard to pick an oponant of some one from Extreme Couture.
Naturaldisaster
6/30/08 2:43:10AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by xposipx

Because everybody knows gurgel is going to lose that one.

IDK I think Jorge could do it