hard bag

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » hard bag
ganayegi
1/30/08 4:29:38PM
hi, im not really sure how to start this so i will just ask my question; my heavy bag is really hard in some places. its not a problem for my hands because of the gloves, but it hurts my legs so either i dont kick/knee or i do it really soft. ive tried to just kick through it but my leg just slows down automatically because i know it is going to hurt. is there any way that i can soften my bag or do i just need to tough it out? thank you.

p.s. it took my 3 weeks to save up 30 dollars to buy my gloves, so shin guards and
foot protection is just about out of the question.
waylon_o
1/30/08 4:37:12PM
prop it up upside-down and beat the top of the bag downward. it will redistribute the stuffing throughout the bag, thus ending your hard bag problem.
ganayegi
1/30/08 4:57:57PM
ty
Svartorm
1/30/08 5:55:20PM

Posted by ganayegi

hi, im not really sure how to start this so i will just ask my question; my heavy bag is really hard in some places. its not a problem for my hands because of the gloves, but it hurts my legs so either i dont kick/knee or i do it really soft. ive tried to just kick through it but my leg just slows down automatically because i know it is going to hurt. is there any way that i can soften my bag or do i just need to tough it out? thank you.

p.s. it took my 3 weeks to save up 30 dollars to buy my gloves, so shin guards and
foot protection is just about out of the question.

Some bags, like Everlast, come with the lint stuffing, as well as small bags of sand. Sometimes the bags of sand will congregate to the same area in the bag and make it extremely hard, to the point you can bust your leg kicking the damn thing. What I did on mine was removed some stuffing, pulled some of the sandbags out, and redistributed them inside the bag as I put the stuffing back in so it would be uniformly firm.

Make sure you lay something down on the floor, like a sheet or something, when you do this because the lint makes a huge mess, and store the lint in a box to put back in. Generally you won't be able to get it all back in at first, but if you pack it as much as you can, and then put a few handfuls at a time in after every workout, you should be able to pack it in again.
lance70301
2/4/08 12:08:10PM
I had the same problem. I lined the inside with a piece of old shag carpet, then filled the middle with sand. You should still place the bag on its' side every so often and beet on it to loosen the packed sand.
hado3
2/5/08 1:32:28AM
dude, heavy bags are used for boxing. If ya want to kick get a thai bag