Happy Veteran's day

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Happy Veteran's day
Jackelope
11/11/09 5:22:04PM
To all the playground vets and active duty or reservists.

Please pass this along from me over to any of your family members who may be veterans as well!
higdon10
11/11/09 5:28:30PM
Yes, Happy Veterans Day.
cmill21
11/11/09 5:42:02PM
Happy veterans day ya vet! Also happy veterans day to every vet out there. Both of my gpa's have passed but they both fought in the war(moms dad in the Italian campaign and dads dad in d-day-surrender), I'm very proud of both of them.
scoozna
11/12/09 2:23:23PM
Yes..sorry a day late...Thank you all for your service to our country!
chickmagnet
11/12/09 11:52:00PM
Great uncle stormed the beach of normandy, hes gone now, but happy veterans day
emfleek
11/13/09 8:36:23AM
I bring it up every year because I'm as proud as can be...

-----

Charles Clinton Fleek
Sergeant
C CO, 1ST BN, 27TH INFANTRY, 25 INF DIV
Army of the United States
28 August 1947 - 27 May 1969
Petersburg, Kentucky
Panel 24W Line 116

Sergeant Fleek's official Medal of Honor citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Sgt. Fleek distinguished himself while serving as a squad leader in Company C, during an ambush operation. Sgt. Fleek's unit was deployed in ambush locations when a large enemy force approached the position. Suddenly, the leading enemy element, sensing the ambush, halted and started to withdraw. Reacting instantly, Sgt. Fleek opened fire and directed the effective fire of his men upon the numerically superior enemy force. During the fierce battle that followed, an enemy soldier threw a grenade into the squad position. Realizing that his men had not seen the grenade, Sgt. Fleek, although in a position to seek cover, shouted a warning to his comrades and threw himself onto the grenade, absorbing its blast. His gallant action undoubtedly saved the lives or prevented the injury of at least 8 of his fellow soldiers. Sgt. Fleek's gallantry and willing self-sacrifice were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit on himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.
Violentcuv
11/13/09 3:14:02PM

Posted by emfleek

Charles Clinton Fleek

Wow man!! You should be very proud. What a hero. That takes a real man to do something like that. What a great veterans day real life story.
Jackelope
11/13/09 4:12:17PM

Posted by Violentcuv

Posted by emfleek

Charles Clinton Fleek

Wow man!! You should be very proud. What a hero. That takes a real man to do something like that. What a great veterans day real life story.

Hell yeah, and check out his unit. He was infantry, baby. Where the real men serve. Why is the sky blue? Because God loves the infantry.