What happens if Werdum beats GG?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What happens if Werdum beats GG?
Violence108
11/7/07 7:20:17PM
alot of people r saying that GG will just run though Werdum, but i dont see it that way. I see Werdum just as good as GG on the ground if not better , and GG has good stand up but not great, he got luck with cro cop, plu he have not fight a equal bjj fighter in the ufc .
nubby
11/7/07 7:27:57PM
LOL lucky with CC. No he didn't get lucky. And Kongo didn't get lucky either.
cmill21
11/7/07 7:37:54PM
When Werdum beats GG everyone will jump off the GG bandwagon. Thats all that will happen.
Violence108
11/7/07 7:47:38PM
Yeah lucky Cro Cop first fight in a cage and first fight where elbows where legall. all new things to Cro Cop
Twenty20Dollars
11/7/07 7:50:19PM
Gonzaga only lose is to Werdum. But I dont see Werdum beating him again. But just my opinion. go gabe
Mayhem13
11/7/07 8:13:19PM
then he is 0-2 aganist Werdum

I think this is a very even match (werdum doesnt get the credit he deserves)....but if I was forced to choose I would pick Gabe this time, and have him winning by round 3 TKO
tuvok500
11/7/07 8:53:18PM
GG will beat werdum to silence some peoples who still believe that GG is a joke who got lucky !!!

the surprise was the way he KO Crocop but not the fact that he won the fight !!

and the excuse about Crocop not training with elbow and not trainning in a cage is not valid simply because Crocop chose to not train correctly for his fight and it is his fault completely !!

GG rd 1 KO !!!

puppetmaster837
11/7/07 9:02:46PM

Posted by Violence108

Yeah lucky Cro Cop first fight in a cage and first fight where elbows where legall. all new things to Cro Cop

That actually wasnt Cro Cops UFC debut, that was his second fight. His debut was against Eddie Sanchez.
JimiMak
11/7/07 9:10:05PM
What happens is Werdum moves up like he should (even tho the AA fight sucked) and GG stays in the middle of the pack (like he deserves). War Werdum.
hippysmacker
11/7/07 9:57:52PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Gonzaga only lose is to Werdum. But I dont see Werdum beating him again. But just my opinion. go gabe

I agree except for the " go gabe" part. I like both guys and just want the best to win . I just think Gonzaga has come farther than Werdum since then. AA/ Werdum made me doubt the heart of both guys unfortunately.
cmill21
11/7/07 10:06:25PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree except for the " go gabe" part. I like both guys and just want the best to win . I just think Gonzaga has come farther than Werdum since then. AA/ Werdum made me doubt the heart of both guys unfortunately.

See and I don't get it, Werdum has fought guys who hit harder then AA, like Zentsov, Aleks, and Overeem, I don't get why he fought like he did lol. Like you look at Werdum's record and level of the guys he fought he's much further along then GG in that aspect, he's been with Nog for a full fight, as well as kharitonov. The thing that makes me believe that Werdum will win this fight is, he's never been finished, theres no way in hell GG subbing him, Werdum a big guy to. I think GG doesn't know how to throw his high kicks effectivly, I'm not sure he knows how friggin tired thos will make him throughout a fight, and now that Werdum's with chute boxe I think his stand up will be muuuuch improved, and he'll suprise a couple people.
roadking95th
11/7/07 10:10:19PM
What happens if Werdum beats GG? They'll raise his hand. I too think he will win.
hippysmacker
11/7/07 10:16:25PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hippysmacker

See and I don't get it, Werdum has fought guys who hit harder then AA, like Zentsov, Aleks, and Overeem, I don't get why he fought like he did lol. Like you look at Werdum's record and level of the guys he fought he's much further along then GG in that aspect, he's been with Nog for a full fight, as well as kharitonov. The thing that makes me believe that Werdum will win this fight is, he's never been finished, theres no way in hell GG subbing him, Werdum a big guy to. I think GG doesn't know how to throw his high kicks effectivly, I'm not sure he knows how friggin tired thos will make him throughout a fight, and now that Werdum's with chute boxe I think his stand up will be muuuuch improved, and he'll suprise a couple people.

I think AA hits pretty hard myself. Luckily I've never been punched by him. Sylvia has a good chin and has never been KOed. Arlovski dropped him twice. I think that hay maker Randy landed on him is the only other time I remember him being dropped. I think GG will win the stand up and Be on top and work some GnP. I agree that Werdum is probably better than GG at Bjj, but I still don't think he will able to sub him. I think GG is just too strong for him. Didn't know Werdum was training with Chuteboxe now, but I agree it could make a difference. The thing that worries me about potential stand up for Werdum, is he trained with Cro-cop for years and never showed anything impressive from it to me. He did show improved stance, footwork, etc. , but I don't remember him landing anything really impressive from his feet since. Maybe striking from the clinch is more suited to him. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
cmill21
11/7/07 10:25:44PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hippysmacker

I think AA hits pretty hard myself. Luckily I've never been punched by him. Sylvia has a good chin and has never been KOed. Arlovski dropped him twice. I think that hay maker Randy landed on him is the only other time I remember him being dropped. I think GG will win the stand up and Be on top and work some GnP. I agree that Werdum is probably better than GG at Bjj, but I still don't think he will able to sub him. I think GG is just too strong for him. Didn't know Werdum was training with Chuteboxe now, but I agree it could make a difference. The thing that worries me about potential stand up for Werdum, is he trained with Cro-cop for years and never showed anything impressive from it to me. He did show improved stance, footwork, etc. , but I don't remember him landing anything really impressive from his feet since. Maybe striking from the clinch is more suited to him. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Oh I totally agree that AA hit's hard, I just think Zentsov hit's harder. Yeah he's been training with chute boxe for a while. As for him training with Cro Cop, from what i've been told and seen of their training it was more like he was Cro Cop's coach in BJJ. Also Cro cop's style is a little different then what werdum has trained in since it's kickboxing and Werdum from what he's said he prefers the tai boxing. Werdum has said his muay tai has improved vastly since moving to chute boxe, so who knows what we'll see, I just hope we don't see GG quit and Werdum slap again.
Kastro
11/7/07 11:03:53PM
Werdum beating GG is a strong possibility, i've always liked Werdum from the time I first watched him fight in Pride.. he has this very focused and alert look on his face at all times... he has had some shakey performances (AA, Sergei...) but he has fought much better competition than GG and has just as good if not better BJJ...

Werdum's only disadvantage in this fight will be the weight, GG also may be the more effective striker but Werdum has improved a lot in that department so it will be interesting to see..
themmadigest
11/7/07 11:24:50PM
He's definitely got a good shot to win. It'd help him up the heavyweight standings, because although he lost to Arlovski, it wasn't the worst kind of loss where he got knocked out or dominated.