What happens to the former Pride stand-outs?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What happens to the former Pride stand-outs?
Taylor8766
1/12/08 6:47:05PM
I was just wondering, since the UFC has a Hall of Fame, and is only reserved for fighters with great success in the UFC, I was just wondering what is going to happen to the fighters that enjoyed a huge success in Pride, but then have come over to the UFC, or that haven't come over yet. I mean do they get inducted into the Pride HOF, but seeing is how there isn't Pride anymore, do they still have a HOF. And if not will these fighters ever get excepted into any HOF? Fighters like:

Fedor Emielenko
Mirko Cro Cop
Wanderlei Silva
Antonio Rodrigio Nogeuria
Mauricio Rua
Quinton Jackson(possible induction in UFC)
Anderson Silva(possible induction in UFC)
Takanori Gomi
...............and many more

I was just wondering when these great fighters retire will they be inducted into any HOF.
juanez13
1/12/08 7:02:15PM
good point, but infortunately i think its the sad truth that guys like fedor and wanderlei will not enter the hall of fame.....i dont think there will be a hall of fame made for former pride fighters,.......

just throwing it out there anderson silva shouldnt be on that list, he only fought 5 times in Pride lossing 2, i dont know why people consider him a pride fighter....also i dont think rampage should be considered as a possibility to become a hall of famer for what he did in pride, i just dont think he deserves it, he didnt win any titles, or GP, he lost against most of the top of the division(wandy, shogun,saku), just becuase he was an entartaining fighter, and famous for his slams, and getting some good KO's doesnt make you a hall of famer.....so i say those two shouldnt be on there....
Manfred
1/12/08 8:30:33PM
I think eventually the sport will evolve to the point that there will be a non-org. MMA HoF. Then these guys will get the props they deserve

This could also hone "org jumpers" like Matt Lindland
ohiostate1016
1/12/08 9:32:26PM

Posted by Manfred

I think eventually the sport will evolve to the point that there will be a non-org. MMA HoF. Then these guys will get the props they deserve

This could also hone "org jumpers" like Matt Lindland

I was just about to say the same thing. I know that it won't happen for awhile, but MMA will eventually grow enough and some company (with no organization affiliation) will start an MMA Hall of Fame. Just like there is a football Hall, a basketball Hall, a boxing Hall, and a baseball Hall, there will be an MMA Hall of Fame one day.
jomatty
1/13/08 2:33:43AM
i hope you guys are right but i think we are probably a long,long way from that happening...
vick_vega
1/13/08 7:32:06PM
Not if enough people like us have a say about it. If we clamor up and speak for the fighters, this will happen sooner rather than later. If we make this a reality yo.