What happens....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What happens....
haggiswashere
10/21/08 9:21:02PM
if there is a fight such as rashad vs chuck or alves vs kos where the winner gets a title shot and it ends up going to a draw?
juanez13
10/21/08 9:24:10PM
probably wont ever happen, If its that close most of the time the Judges favor the champ over the challenger. Only scenario i see being realistic would be the fight gone to no contest, which than would probably lead to an immediate rematch.

As a said, the possibilities of a draw in a title fight are extremely small, but if it did ever happen, an immediate rematch would most likely be in place.
Rush
10/21/08 9:25:31PM
1) Draws are so rare, the chances of it happening are really low.

2) If it did occur, I bet the unofficial winner would be determined by subjective criteria, such as who looked better in the fight.
haggiswashere
10/21/08 9:25:38PM

Posted by juanez13

probably wont ever happen, If its that close most of the time the Judges favor the champ over the challenger. Only scenario i see being realistic would be the fight gone to no contest, which than would probably lead to an immediate rematch.

As a said, the possibilities of a draw in a title fight are extremely small, but if it did ever happen, an immediate rematch would most likely be in place.

no not a title fight but a fight to decide the number #1 contender
Rush
10/21/08 9:27:11PM

Posted by juanez13

I think he was talking about the fight for No. 1 contender going to a draw, not the title fight itself.

A title fight going to a draw is even more rare given, fewer percentage of title fights even go to decision
juanez13
10/21/08 9:34:56PM
My bad lol, still like Rush said the possibilities are very low. Only way i see it happening is if the winner of a round gets a point deducted so its a 9-9 round, otherwise almost never do the judges score a round 9-9, unless like i said before a point i deducted.
fonduktoe
10/22/08 2:14:23AM
we'll probably never find out since it probably will never happen....probably
jiujitsufreak74
10/22/08 2:27:56AM
well i think this is a very good question. let's say that Rashad vs Tito was for a title spot...what do you guys think the UFC would do? it's really not Dana's decision so much as Joe Silva's, but it is really interesting to think about.

if i was Joe Silva and Tito vs Rashad was supposed to produce a title contender, then i would honestly pick the guy right below them if he was available. for all intents and purposes, let's say Machida was right below them, then i would say he gets the shot. of course there would be controversy, but any decision you make in that situation would spark controversy.
pv3Hpv3p
10/22/08 11:05:15AM
Give the title shot to Machida?
cowcatcher
10/22/08 11:07:31AM
my guess is the guy deemed more marketable gets it, not fair but business is business.