What happened to the playground?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What happened to the playground?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
cowcatcher
6/7/12 8:37:37PM
You ruined it DTM!
prophecy033
6/7/12 8:50:33PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Not 100% certain on this one yet (still have lots of things to decide) but we might wind up getting rid of the premium account option as the new site will have far less ads. In the event we go this route, we will have other ways on the site to earn various perks and unique privileges, and we will refund premium memberships. This isn't set in stone, and I have much finalize with the boss-man still and go over with Sam - but just a heads up of what may be coming.

That actually works well for me if it does go that route cuz my Premium expires July 23rd but ya'll know I'm still gonna pay whatever to get those "perks" you're talking about

Without giving away too much of what's on the drawing board (especially if we're unable to pull it off), the perks would be earnable via game play and not necesarily cost you anything.

...oh, well then Nevermind then
kopower
6/7/12 8:54:15PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Not 100% certain on this one yet (still have lots of things to decide) but we might wind up getting rid of the premium account option as the new site will have far less ads. In the event we go this route, we will have other ways on the site to earn various perks and unique privileges, and we will refund premium memberships. This isn't set in stone, and I have much finalize with the boss-man still and go over with Sam - but just a heads up of what may be coming.

That actually works well for me if it does go that route cuz my Premium expires July 23rd but ya'll know I'm still gonna pay whatever to get those "perks" you're talking about

Without giving away too much of what's on the drawing board (especially if we're unable to pull it off), the perks would be earnable via game play and not necesarily cost you anything.

...oh, well then Nevermind then

Dude, I'm on this site multiple times a day. I will gladly give you $20 a year, regardless if I get anything back.
Bubbles
6/7/12 9:15:32PM
with what he said...though I do like having a bigger av than those common folk
infestructure
6/7/12 9:53:14PM

Posted by Bubbles

Compensating for something perhaps?
grappler0000
6/7/12 10:07:54PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Bubbles

Compensating for something perhaps?

Short username?
Poor_Franklin
6/8/12 6:10:59AM

Posted by kopower

Dude, I'm on this site multiple times a day. I will gladly give you $20 a year, regardless if I get anything back.

agreed
Shawn91111
6/8/12 8:42:56AM
Im sure I will go premium again, I let it go when DcRage became Mod, I couldnt support a site that allowed that.

I go on multiple sites daily, doesnt mean Im going to give them money, but I would do it for the playground before any of them.
jjeans
6/8/12 9:15:05AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kopower

agreed

Same

The site keeps me happy when I'm away from my gf
george112
6/8/12 9:15:46AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Im sure I will go premium again, I let it go when DcRage became Mod, I couldnt support a site that allowed that.

I go on multiple sites daily, doesnt mean Im going to give them money, but I would do it for the playground before any of them.

I too was once a premium member. Back when it first came out

Still have my shirt with the throwback logo
kopower
6/8/12 10:38:20AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

I too was once a premium member. Back when it first came out

Still have my shirt with the throwback logo

OG prop. Gotta spread the love first. Same. I still rock the shirt from time to time.
airkerma
6/8/12 11:38:14AM
There is a distinct difference between this site and others, and i think the modding has much to do with it. I used to enjoy junkie, mania, and be, but the forums more often than not would go something like: i think uncle creepy wins tonight. Response: you fucking idiot wtf is wrong with you, you fairy fucker...etc etc. People just seem much more level headed here most of the time and there is a pretty obvious lack of keyboard warriors every step of the way. Love this site. Maybe one day we can all be certain if chael_sonnen is in fact chael sonnen.
mrsmiley
6/8/12 12:01:15PM

Posted by airkerma

There is a distinct difference between this site and others, and i think the modding has much to do with it. I used to enjoy junkie, mania, and be, but the forums more often than not would go something like: i think uncle creepy wins tonight. Response: you fucking idiot wtf is wrong with you, you fairy fucker...etc etc. People just seem much more level headed here most of the time and there is a pretty obvious lack of keyboard warriors every step of the way. Love this site. Maybe one day we can all be certain if chael_sonnen is in fact chael sonnen.

Trust me that is the Real Chael. He sent me a PM with printable pizza coupons and the asked how my mortgage was going.... We should be honored to have the best Olympus has to offer on the PG.

(He in no way paid me to say this,though he may or may not have propped me to do so)
Pookie
6/8/12 12:02:09PM

Posted by airkerma

Maybe one day we can all be certain if chael_sonnen is in fact chael sonnen.

Don't ruin Christmas again.
Svartorm
6/8/12 12:57:22PM
There's actually been 2 mass camp bans, for the record.

It's tough to find a balance between a fun atmosphere and a lawless and unreadable forum. Just as much as some mods were a bit over-the-top, some posters were unreasonably rude and ridiculous.

Also keep in mind that what you see on the forums wasn't always the entire situation, and oftentimes these folks that were banned weren't banned for the comment on the forum, but the threats and insults that came afterwards via PM, duplicate accounts, etc.

Overall, being a mod was a thankless task and I certainly don't miss it, even if it did some good at the time.
MMAcca
6/8/12 1:28:21PM
The PG seems to be a great place to be again fellas!

Yippee
george112
6/8/12 1:31:53PM
Before my hiatus from the site Jackelope I think his name was was a pretty prominent poster. And I think he was a mod also maybe. Can't really remember

Did he get banned? Or just stop posting?

Also Zephead and hippysmacker use to post a lot
prophecy033
6/8/12 2:11:05PM
Jackalope hasn't been on in something like 180 days, hippysmacker shows up on occasion but I never see Zephead.....don't know if he cares anymore tbh
Shawn91111
6/8/12 2:19:02PM
Jackelope, Rush, Cmill....Tuvok for another reason. Dont post anymore
george112
6/8/12 2:27:48PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Ah yes.

I still remember all of their avatars.
king_katool
6/8/12 3:35:36PM

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

Ah yes.

I still remember all of their avatars.

someone should put Rushs cat av on prozac pic, lol thatd be a good one

i post very little nowadays, but i still check this place everyday, multiple times too, been around for a long while, ill never leave the playground

long live the playground
kopower
6/8/12 3:40:56PM
I thought I remember a thread awhile back that Jackelope started, saying he wasn't gonna be posting much anymore.
george112
6/8/12 3:52:03PM

Posted by kopower

I thought I remember a thread awhile back that Jackelope started, saying he wasn't gonna be posting much anymore.

That's weird. Whyd he decide that?
airkerma
6/8/12 3:54:25PM

Posted by Shawn91111

If I was to guess, Tuvok probably isn't posting because he's exploring star systems on starship Voyager.
cowcatcher
6/8/12 4:03:38PM

Posted by george112

Posted by kopower

Real life came up, and between a school and work he had enough on his plate. He's, to this date, one of the best dudes that we've had here.
bjj1605
6/8/12 4:04:19PM
I think the site has definitely gotten better.

The MODs now are much cooler and more relaxed.

I got banned for a week once. It was originally supposed to be a month and I decided to quit the site all together (and I informed the MOD). They reduced my sentence and I decided to stay.

Even though I still don't think I deserved the ban, I've forgiven the PG.

I don't really check any other sites but this one. I've got a busy life and I think the PG does the best job of giving me all the news I need on one site.
prophecy033
6/8/12 4:53:08PM

Posted by bjj1605

I think the site has definitely gotten better.

The MODs now are much cooler and more relaxed.

I got banned for a week once. It was originally supposed to be a month and I decided to quit the site all together (and I informed the MOD). They reduced my sentence and I decided to stay.

Even though I still don't think I deserved the ban, I've forgiven the PG.

I don't really check any other sites but this one. I've got a busy life and I think the PG does the best job of giving me all the news I need on one site.

I've been trying to bring more news to the PG. It seemed like only the BIG stories were getting posted there for awhile
airkerma
6/8/12 7:46:33PM

Posted by prophecy033
I've been trying to bring more news to the PG. It seemed like only the BIG stories were getting posted there for awhile

People like you, sparky, drivendavies, and budge keep the news fresh here. I never go anywhere else unless I click the link to see the whole story. I for one, appreciate everyone who posts news.
prophecy033
6/8/12 8:20:11PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by prophecy033

People like you, sparky, drivendavies, and budge keep the news fresh here. I never go anywhere else unless I click the link to see the whole story. I for one, appreciate everyone who posts news.

don't forget FastKnockout and grappler
MMAcca
6/9/12 3:44:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by george112

Posted by kopower

Real life came up, and between a school and work he had enough on his plate. He's, to this date, one of the best dudes that we've had here.

Without a doubt.

Great guy and also a very good moderator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5