What happened to the playground?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What happened to the playground?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Pookie
6/7/12 1:10:43AM

Posted by KungFuMaster
Budge, if you're reading this, (notice how I hid this emotional segment in a response to another member and only those who truly appreciate me will read it) you are the sole reason I stuck around long enough to discover the hidden gems in playground. You were there from the start of my playground account. There were times I thought you and I were the only ones posting. The best thing to happen to me as a playgrounder was to run into you. By associating with you and befriending you, I have also befriended your friends and the rest of ECP. I know you probably think you didn't do much but you certainly did enough for me to keep me around long enough.

You're the one who has to live with this Budge. The blood is on your hands.
infestructure
6/7/12 1:20:36AM

That's me, for anyone who was wondering. lol.

I was wondering. Was it really you? What was it about?
KungFuMaster
6/7/12 1:36:07AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

And to the few people whom I have gone to wars with - I never forget but I'm always ready to pretend it never happened with the exception of one individual whose name is not worthy of being spoken.

As much as you want to be THAT GUY, it's not you. Everyone knows who he is.
KungFuMaster
6/7/12 1:40:35AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by KungFuMaster
Budge, if you're reading this, (notice how I hid this emotional segment in a response to another member and only those who truly appreciate me will read it) you are the sole reason I stuck around long enough to discover the hidden gems in playground. You were there from the start of my playground account. There were times I thought you and I were the only ones posting. The best thing to happen to me as a playgrounder was to run into you. By associating with you and befriending you, I have also befriended your friends and the rest of ECP. I know you probably think you didn't do much but you certainly did enough for me to keep me around long enough.

You're the one who has to live with this Budge. The blood is on your hands.

Thanks to Budge, the entire playground community has to suffer.
Aether
6/7/12 1:42:58AM
oh, damn. I felt accomplished there, for a minute.
KungFuMaster
6/7/12 1:47:45AM

Posted by Aether

oh, damn. I felt accomplished there, for a minute.

You and I - we may have our differences but at least we can still engage in discussions and that is the important thing.

If I couldn't stand you, I wouldn't respond to your posts and I'm sure you feel the same way.
Ordep
6/7/12 2:23:56AM
This topic is starting to feel like an AA meeting.
Pookie
6/7/12 2:36:32AM
Hi, my name is Jordan, and i could have sworn that she was awake.
prophecy033
6/7/12 2:48:20AM

Posted by Pookie

Hi, my name is Jordan, and i could have sworn that she was awake.

you just went there
prophecy033
6/7/12 2:50:53AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I hoped this topic wouldn't get quashed, its good to know history - good or bad.
When I first started here I got home from watching the fights and I was drunk, and angry at Cheick Kongo. I said some shit I shouldn't have and was politely told by a mod not to do it again. Fair call.
Must suck to have built up a nice rep and get perma-banned though. Happened to me at MMAJunkie. A mod there gave me an instant perma-ban for saying a gif of John Dodson celebrating after a win should have a banana shopped into his hand, saying it was racist. He looks like a monkey!
How is that racist?
Here is much better. Cheers for making me feel welcome guys

You will do well here. I have been reading your posts and you seem like a good guy to me.

I too was at Junkie. I posted there for a month. They never really embraced what I had to offer. They were even quite rude to me. I packed up and came here - only because I was referred by someone ( I forgot his name ).

I have said it already but this is worth saying it again. I love the Playground. Most of the members here are respectful. When I joined, the welcoming was good. The vibe felt great.

I just want to say Thank You, Budge.

And to the few people whom I have gone to wars with - I never forget but I'm always ready to pretend it never happened with the exception of one individual whose name is not worthy of being spoken.

And to all my playground friends, you have made this place enjoyable and heart warming for me and I don't think I could ever leave this site and it is all because of the camaraderie I feel from you guys.

I want to give recognition to a few posters who helped me to stay.
In no particular order
Budge
Prophecy
Pmoney
Kpro
Pookie
Fastknockout
Poor_Franklin
Jjeans
Rabi
Adrenaline

You guys opened your arms to me when I first started here and you guys are the reasons I stayed. You cheered me on when no one else did. You prop-ed me when others laughed. You guys are a great bunch of dudes.

FIXED
Bubbles
6/7/12 7:36:38AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

a further hint, I am in his camp

btw KFM, I am half expecting you to sext Budge now, while the rest is to be a full time stalker. This is the early warning sign...although I think you would make an interesting character on to catch a predator
sparky
6/7/12 8:09:04AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I hoped this topic wouldn't get quashed, its good to know history - good or bad.
When I first started here I got home from watching the fights and I was drunk, and angry at Cheick Kongo. I said some shit I shouldn't have and was politely told by a mod not to do it again. Fair call.
Must suck to have built up a nice rep and get perma-banned though. Happened to me at MMAJunkie. A mod there gave me an instant perma-ban for saying a gif of John Dodson celebrating after a win should have a banana shopped into his hand, saying it was racist. He looks like a monkey!
How is that racist?
Here is much better. Cheers for making me feel welcome guys

You will do well here. I have been reading your posts and you seem like a good guy to me.

I too was at Junkie. I posted there for a month. They never really embraced what I had to offer. They were even quite rude to me. I packed up and came here - only because I was referred by someone ( I forgot his name ).

I have said it already but this is worth saying it again. I love the Playground. Most of the members here are respectful. When I joined, the welcoming was good. The vibe felt great.

I just want to say Thank You, Budge.

And to all my playground friends, you have made this place enjoyable and heart warming for me and I don't think I could ever leave this site and it is all because of the camaraderie I feel from you guys.

I want to give recognition to a few posters who helped me to stay.
In no particular order
Budge
Prophechy
Pmoney
Kpro
Pookie
Fastknockout
Poor_Franklin
Jjeans
Rabi
Adrenaline

You guys opened your arms to me when I first started here and you guys are the reasons I stayed. You cheered me on when no one else did. You prop-ed me when others laughed. You guys are a great bunch of dudes.

I completely agree KuFuMaster The members you have listed are all the member that I enjoy also. They made posting seem worth it when i see there name and av I want to read what they have posted I cant say the same for many other PG posters no disrespect but they have always been friendly and enjoyable to interact with and I am looking forward to many more events with my camp away from my camp......... Id prop everyone in KuFuMasters list if it didnt tell me to spread the love
Chael_Sonnen
6/7/12 9:51:57AM
Fellas, this is a MMA form.....not a Broadway Musical, enough of the melodrama, it's starting to feel like TUF Brazil in here.

With that being said, I want to thank ME for sticking around, I want to thank ME for my awesome reflection in the mirror, and I want to thank ME when I read the word (P)erfection anywhere and everywhere I go......thank ME!

In closing, I would like to thank the following posters......

1) Chael_Sonnen

gartface
6/7/12 10:13:54AM
I don't know what I'm allowed to say, but I do miss the old days of 8k+ members picking and a shit load more posting in the forums. I love the quality of the forums now, but I miss the immediacy with which people would reply back in the day.

Let's hope that in the coming months we'll start building that back up
Poor_Franklin
6/7/12 1:19:51PM

just wanted to get this in this thread real quick while we're all talking about how much we love the site.

GO PREMIUM GUYS!!!
kopower
6/7/12 1:29:58PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

just wanted to get this in this thread real quick while we're all talking about how much we love the site.

GO PREMIUM GUYS!!!

kopower
6/7/12 1:33:34PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by kopower

I feel this site is much better than it was before. Yeah, the mass bannings definitely hurt the site, but some of them needed to happen. It's a more laid back atmosphere now. However, I do miss some of the old posters, and rivalries between fight camps

I'll start up a rivalry.....your fight camp ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!

As much as I want to rip on you, I just can't. Something is preventing me... Maybe it's the perfection, or charisma, or the sweet comment nuggets you deliver, time and again.
Shawn91111
6/7/12 1:43:38PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Hi friend
KingCmb
6/7/12 3:15:49PM
Ya we just need more people to come out and start posting instead of just picking fights like I did I found it's not to hard to hop on the boards just be fair and people will treat u fair.....now that certain mods are gone...from what iv heard
Shawn91111
6/7/12 4:00:53PM
Some mods dont even play the game anymore and havent for 3-4 seasons now. They havent posted in forever as well.
DoTheMMAth
6/7/12 4:07:38PM
A large portion of the blame lies squarely on me for not being here in the dark days and for leaving so many bugs and problems unfixed for so long. It's gonna take a few months but hopefully the re-invention, new features, improved features, and some publicity at that time will bring back the glory days. The current set of mods and regular posters are what kept things rolling and are truly the soul of this website, so give credit where credit is due and thank all of you that stuck around.
KungFuMaster
6/7/12 4:40:58PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

A large portion of the blame lies squarely on me for not being here in the dark days and for leaving so many bugs and problems unfixed for so long. It's gonna take a few months but hopefully the re-invention, new features, improved features, and some publicity at that time will bring back the glory days. The current set of mods and regular posters are what kept things rolling and are truly the soul of this website, so give credit where credit is due and thank all of you that stuck around.

I like the fact you take the time to respond to our concerns. Some site admins do not care to do that...
hotrodttt
6/7/12 6:25:34PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I like the fact you take the time to respond to our concerns. Some site admins do not care to do that...

This We can only go up from here
MMAcca
6/7/12 6:29:28PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Hi friend

KungFuMaster i love that you take things so personally on the internet.

None of this is real.

Step outside and look up at the clouds
Bubbles
6/7/12 6:38:17PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Poor_Franklin

GO PREMIUM GUYS!!!

DoTheMMAth
6/7/12 8:06:26PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

Posted by Poor_Franklin

GO PREMIUM GUYS!!!

Not 100% certain on this one yet (still have lots of things to decide) but we might wind up getting rid of the premium account option as the new site will have far less ads. In the event we go this route, we will have other ways on the site to earn various perks and unique privileges, and we will refund premium memberships. This isn't set in stone, and I have much finalize with the boss-man still and go over with Sam - but just a heads up of what may be coming.
george112
6/7/12 8:13:07PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

Posted by Poor_Franklin

GO PREMIUM GUYS!!!

Not 100% certain on this one yet (still have lots of things to decide) but we might wind up getting rid of the premium account option as the new site will have far less ads. In the event we go this route, we will have other ways on the site to earn various perks and unique privileges, and we will refund premium memberships. This isn't set in stone, and I have much finalize with the boss-man still and go over with Sam - but just a heads up of what may be coming.

Super Ultra OG Prop
prophecy033
6/7/12 8:26:17PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

That actually works well for me if it does go that route cuz my Premium expires July 23rd but ya'll know I'm still gonna pay whatever to get those "perks" you're talking about
cowcatcher
6/7/12 8:36:08PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

That actually works well for me if it does go that route cuz my Premium expires July 23rd but ya'll know I'm still gonna pay whatever to get those "perks" you're talking about

I'll let the cat out of the bag, HJ's for all the mods will be the payment for the "perks".
DoTheMMAth
6/7/12 8:37:03PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Without giving away too much of what's on the drawing board (especially if we're unable to pull it off), the perks would be earnable via game play and not necesarily cost you anything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5