What happened to Nate Quarry?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What happened to Nate Quarry?
sonicsmokesweed
9/24/08 12:44:40PM
it seems like after he got dropped by rich franklin he fell off does anyone know why he fights only once every blue moon now?
mkiv9secsupra
9/24/08 12:48:33PM
He fought twice in the past year?! KO'd Pete Sell then ran a mile trying to catch Kalib Starnes........
cmill21
9/24/08 12:48:46PM

Posted by sonicsmokesweed

it seems like after he got dropped by rich franklin he fell off does anyone know why he fights only once every blue moon now?

Serious neck/back problems.
JohnnyNapalm
9/24/08 1:02:31PM

Posted by sonicsmokesweed

He fights during blue moons because of his superstitious beliefs.

Really hard to book fights for him because of this.
DCRage
9/24/08 1:05:50PM
I think he's supposed to fight again sometime between now & UFC 92 or 93. I'll look it up.
Taylor8766
9/24/08 1:06:41PM
He has some real bad neck and back problems but his next fight against Demian Maia is gunna be awesome I can't wait there both two of my favs
JohnnyNapalm
9/24/08 1:11:56PM

Posted by Taylor8766

He has some real bad neck and back problems but his next fight against Demian Maia is gunna be awesome I can't wait there both two of my favs

After the Starnes "fight?" I thought Nate stated that those problems were behind him now?

No pun intended
jawbreaker517
9/24/08 1:20:10PM

Posted by Taylor8766

I can't wait as well. When he began in the UFC, he had good hands, but he was rather flat-footed. In his last fight, he looked very light on his feet, and I think that will 1, make his reflexes quicker, and 2, make him more unpredictable. Overall, I'm excited to see how he fights in his next fight against Maia.
juanez13
9/24/08 2:46:46PM
His next fight is against Maia.
nickcuc547
9/24/08 4:40:43PM

Posted by juanez13

His next fight is against Maia.

that should be an excellent battle, i don't know how pleasing it will be on the eyes, but nate is a big strong middleweight and it's going to be tough for maia to get him to the ground. I still think demian will win though, but we will see how tough he is because quarry will hit him with some shots.
casey64
9/24/08 7:49:53PM
I'm glad hes coming back one of my favorite fighter.