what happened to joe riggs?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » what happened to joe riggs?
tdietel01
6/1/08 7:58:15PM
Does anyone know what happened to Joe Riggs? I was watching UFC 54 or 57 i dont remember. but he looked really good. I thought he would make something of himself but dont know where he went. anyone know?
wolfman
6/1/08 8:08:40PM
Injuries have sidelined him. He was in a car accident before one of his fights and during the fight he was slammed and further injured his back. So, I believe he had to have surgery on his back(I think), someone correct me if I'm wrong....He'll be back though.

EDIT: He is not in the UFC anymore, and I don't think he'll be back there unfortunately. Yet, he will be back with Strikeforce/Elite XC.
Kpro
6/1/08 8:56:41PM
He went into his fight at Strikeforce at the Dome with a hurt back and got slammed on it; had to have back surgery.

Then he scheduled a fight 2 months later headlining for a smaller promotion which would've gone down a few weeks ago but of course he pulled out due to injury.
tdietel01
6/1/08 9:50:15PM
Thanks guys! hopefuly he makes a comeback, he looked like a pretty exciting fighter.
bigbubbano23
6/1/08 10:15:00PM
he was in the movie redbelt
Jackelope
6/2/08 12:17:19AM
The guy has been plagued with bad luck, really.

Soon he'll be fighting at bantamweight if he keeps dropping weight classes
wolfman
6/2/08 2:17:33AM

Posted by Jackelope

The guy has been plagued with bad luck, really.

Soon he'll be fighting at bantamweight if he keeps dropping weight classes

Yeah, you never know! It still amazes me that the guy used to fight at Heavyweight!!! Seriously, that is crazy...He does have some bad luck, I wish he was still in the UFC. Hope he heals up fast, he's always fun to watch.