What happened to some of the UFC broadcasting?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What happened to some of the UFC broadcasting?
ghosted3
9/14/07 12:57:28PM
Like the title says, what has happened? Not too many PPVs ago they had Eddie Bravo guest scoring, what happened to him? There use to be "celebrity" picks for the main events, I always thought some of those were entertaining and now they are gone as well.
Cyclops
9/14/07 2:05:29PM
I completely agree. It would have been nice to see how Eddie Bravo was scoring both the hamill bisping fight AND the jackson henderson fights. They also used to introduce all the judges before the main event I think, too, which was pretty cool. I used to love seein superstars and celebrities turn into little kids before the fights giving their picks. That just hyped the fight up so much for me right before the main event. I was always like "Ring the f'n bell already!" Now Im just kind of like... eh this should be exciting I guess.... Hopefully someone on the inside reads this gets that stuff going again.
mrsmiley
9/14/07 3:12:50PM
I was wondering just the other day how Eddie Bravo would have scored that fight as well.

ghosted3
9/14/07 3:26:28PM
Sadly I think both aspects (Bravo & celeb spots) stopped around the same time. It was a nice aspect of the show that is now gone. What makes it worse is it is not like they did it to add fights to the PPVs for us, they just cut it out to throw in another spot for "insert movie or product here".
cowcatcher
9/14/07 3:30:50PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I was wondering just the other day how Eddie Bravo would have scored that fight as well.

the answer: better than cecil peoples
MattHughesFan
9/14/07 4:05:02PM
yeah they used to have that thing "on the mat with mark Laimon" to. that was pretty interesting but i haven't seen that in forever. The cleb picks was interesting but i think they took out Eddie Bravo's score card b/c the fighters sometimes looked up at the megatron to see their score and it became a distraction to the fighters.
keith-hackney1
9/14/07 4:21:07PM
Maybe eddie bravo's love for the ufc has gone ??? ...

Or he and dana fell out over contract negotiations !!!
Jackelope
9/14/07 6:12:30PM

Posted by ghosted3

Sadly I think both aspects (Bravo & celeb spots) stopped around the same time. It was a nice aspect of the show that is now gone. What makes it worse is it is not like they did it to add fights to the PPVs for us, they just cut it out to throw in another spot for "insert movie or product here".

Yeah I think that's what happened, too. I swear all of this advertising is killing me. I understand people have got to make money, but like I really want to hear Goldberg talking about "Chuck and Larry" while Liddell is getting his ass handed to him by Rampage in the middle of the octagon
mrsmiley
9/14/07 6:52:51PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ghosted3

Yeah I think that's what happened, too. I swear all of this advertising is killing me. I understand people have got to make money, but like I really want to hear Goldberg talking about "Chuck and Larry" while Liddell is getting his ass handed to him by Rampage in the middle of the octagon

No kidding.

That's pushing the line.I guess that's how the cookie crumbles though.
MattHughesFan
9/15/07 11:58:16AM
The advertising does get annoying. For example i got the UFC 68 DVD and when randy nails time with the kick punch combo that drops him i don't get to hear Joe Rogan going crazy because they had to edit out the beginning of the commentary cause Goldy was promoting a movie at the time. Basically u get kick punch drop crowd cheers crowd cheers then all of a sudden the announcing cuts back in with joe halfway through screaming. it was pretty annoying