Hangover cures?!!?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hangover cures?!!?
SmileR
2/23/08 8:30:10AM
Please give any up!
I have the worst hangover i have ever had in my life!

All i know of is the drink water and aspirin!

Props to any that work!

(Also i fell asleep hugging my laptop last night so if i posted and it made no sense i'm sorry)
juanez13
2/23/08 11:02:45AM
take a cold shower, and drink orange juice.. thats what i always do, dont know if will work for you, but it helps me............
Blizzard
2/23/08 11:35:54AM
You got it - Water, asprin and B and C vitamins. (and sleep if possible)
or
Just don't stop drinking.
Mastodon2
2/23/08 11:44:22AM
Water at room temperature - shocks the body less than cold water
A biscuit to to get your blood sugar back up
A bannana to get some Potassium back in your system

Hit the 3 main causes of hangover pains - dehydration, destabilised blood sugar levels and low potassium levels. Hope you feel better soon man.
ChokeUout
2/23/08 12:55:39PM
THis has worked several times for me and others....

Take a bottle of coke, put it in a blender, turn it on and keep it going till all the fizz is out of it, and then drink it

Hangover will go away.

Works every time
ufcboss
2/23/08 1:28:16PM
When I feel messed up before work, A red bull and a bacon and egg roll does the trick!

But your better going for prevention, Skull as much water as you can before you go to bed and you will wake up fine.
Lord_Lenny
2/23/08 2:19:09PM
fried food has been proven to help. I like to eat as much eggs, hash browns, toast as i can hold down. And the bannanna works well too
bullettdodger
2/23/08 2:26:32PM
so many great hangover cures, V8 juice is good, but i tend to do as my fellow playgrounders and dome a whole bunch of water be4 passing out so as to not wake up with the hang over all together, AH and the best one by far was the just don't stop drinking if you drink consistantly over a long period of time your liver will hate ya but gosh darnit if it leaves you hang over free... well sort of :D
loller90278
2/23/08 2:49:11PM
drink more alcohol
postman
2/23/08 2:54:03PM
Pedealite. I know I blew the spelling. I buy the litter jug and chug the whole thing I also have a script darvocet they kill the head ache
Daddyprimetime
2/23/08 2:55:18PM
Drink as much water as possible before going to bed, sleep as much as possible, wake up drink water and pedialite (yes the childrens stuff), take some asprin, and stay in a dark room.
Ordep
2/23/08 2:59:57PM

Posted by ufcboss

But your better going for prevention, Skull as much water as you can before you go to bed and you will wake up fine.

"cures" work depending on the person, but prevention is universal, my Biology prof. told me once that the best thing to do is water before sleeping..... while drinking take a glass of water every 2 or 3 drinks and then before going to bed drink as many water as you can, and I mean a lot, no matter how drunk you are you'll wake up ready to an all day hike, or more partying.

I always fill up my Nalgene and leave it right next to my bed before going drinking in case I return and go straight to bed w/o stopping by the refrig.
Rush
2/23/08 4:09:38PM
IF you do not feel sick to your stomach, (i.e. headache only), get some water in you and some carbs (cereal or pasta). About an 1/2 hour later do a light workout, whilst hydrating a lot with water (with electrolytes)

I find that going for a run or other cardio like workouts gets the adrenaline flowing and that cures a lot of things like headaches and allergies (like hayfever).

I find that OJ, is a good cure, but it doesn't work completely on me.
Kpro
2/23/08 6:33:03PM
Menudo and water is the cure all.

iwannabesedated
2/23/08 7:06:17PM
Marijuana..
bezun
2/23/08 8:49:02PM
I Learned this in paramedic training. The liver produces sodium bicarbonate which combats alcohol (or any other poison). After the reserve of it is deplenished, your body reacts to the 'poison'. Mix a teasponn of baking soda and a teaspoon of salt with one pint of water and you will have enough sodium bicarbonate to combat the remaining toxins. Take it before bed and if you can keep it down, you should feel fine in the moring.
bezun
2/23/08 8:50:51PM
I came across one of your posts before and after going ou
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic15824-1.html
SpiderSilva
2/23/08 9:09:41PM
Lots of water before and during drinking binges also banannas help after breat to help soak up what is in you system are all what I do to help fight the hangover
SmileR
2/23/08 11:06:21PM

Posted by bezun

I came across one of your posts before and after going ou
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic15824-1.html

Haha i have no idea how or when i wrote that! props for finding it man!