Handsome's chances

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Handsome's chances
backalley101
11/24/08 6:03:29PM
I know Frankie Edgar is really good, but Matt Handsome really impressed me in his last fight. Isn't Handsome training with Chuck Liddell's camp? He looks like he has really improved in his striking. What do you think about Handsome's chances of knocking Frankie Edgar out?
FrankTheTank1181
11/24/08 7:45:26PM
I hope Wiman knocks him out, but I'm picking Edgar by decision until he shows any other method of winning.
holt8081
11/24/08 7:47:11PM
I dont know whats going to happen I was supprised at wimans knock out but I dislike both fighters so I dont know yet how to pick this fight.
copcopps
11/24/08 8:13:21PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

I hope Wiman knocks him out, but I'm picking Edgar by decision until he shows any other method of winning.

Plus Wiman's been on and off
mrkennedy
11/24/08 8:18:45PM

franca could not knock out edgar and franca got better ko power than wiman(imo)
Franklinfan47
11/24/08 8:50:37PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Me too. But Wiman always has the punchers chance, dudes got dynamite in his hands.
nickcuc547
11/24/08 9:01:26PM
this will be a great fight, wiman is pretty well rounded but i think edgar's wrestling will be too much. edgar better be careful but wiman will be on his back for too long, if frankie can survive franca's guard for the duration of the fight he shouldn't have much of a problem with wiman's.
bls1919
11/24/08 10:19:29PM
Thias is a tough one to pick. Frankiie really hasn't evolved as an MMA fighter. his wrestling is championship caliber but the rest is lacking. Matt Wiman is a very cocky guy. With well rounded skills. I think frankie will take it to a UD
Aaronno9
11/24/08 10:39:04PM
I really dont think Wiman has a chance, Frankie is better at every aspect of the game imo. They might be about even when it comes to Jits.

Wiman doesnt train at the pit no, when he had Chuck in his corner it was literally like he had no corner team, so he asked chuck is he would corner him last minute. Thats where his association with the pit stems from. Last i heard he was training at Tulsa top team.
backalley101
11/25/08 1:36:44AM
Yeah, I thought he was training with the Pit, because I saw Chuck Liddell in his corner. So, I thought he was training with the Pit. Thanks for the info.
Pookie
11/25/08 4:25:03AM
Wiman doesnt have the Takedown defense to stop Edgar, and he doesnt have the hand speed IMO to keep Edgar guessing from teh outside, his mobility is just too good on his feet.

Spencer Fisher Couldnt keep him at bay with strikes, Franca couldnt catch him with anything from the bottom, and Tyson griffin couldnt keep from getting taken down. Each of these fighters IMO have less holes in the game then Wiman and i think Edgar is just going to out wrestle him for the win.

Gweedo
11/25/08 11:48:28AM
I give Matt a lot of credit and I think he has gotten much better. Unfortunately, I don't think he's good enough yet to beat Frankie just quite yet.
Gweedo
11/25/08 11:49:16AM

Posted by Pookie

Wiman doesnt have the Takedown defense to stop Edgar, and he doesnt have the hand speed IMO to keep Edgar guessing from teh outside, his mobility is just too good on his feet.

Spencer Fisher Couldnt keep him at bay with strikes, Franca couldnt catch him with anything from the bottom, and Tyson griffin couldnt keep from getting taken down. Each of these fighters IMO have less holes in the game then Wiman and i think Edgar is just going to out wrestle him for the win.

breakdown5
11/25/08 6:41:38PM
I'm really liking Wiman in this fight. I was impressed by his performance against Tavares and his striking is markedly improved. He is bigger than Edgar and should have a considerable reach advantage over him. If he can keep him at bay with strikes, he could set up another big shot and put Edgar down.

EDIT: He's listed as being a member of Adam's Muay Thai
LINK
MMA
11/26/08 11:17:11AM
I would like to see Edgar work on his submission game as he's basically a strong wrestler (much like Maynard). His gnp is average at best and he has trouble passing.

Yeah, I know Hermes is a blackbelt but Edgar barely mounted any damage against Fisher when he had him on his back for 15min.
haggiswashere
11/26/08 11:26:09AM

Posted by breakdown5

I'm really liking Wiman in this fight. I was impressed by his performance against Tavares and his striking is markedly improved. He is bigger than Edgar and should have a considerable reach advantage over him. If he can keep him at bay with strikes, he could set up another big shot and put Edgar down.

EDIT: He's listed as being a member of Adam's Muay Thai
LINK

Easily could be wrong. Forrest is training with Xtreme Couture but it listed him as training at hardcore gym LINK
It also says Quinton is training with team Oyuma when he is training at wolfslair LINK
It say Wanderlei is still training at Chute Box but he is also training at Xtreme Couture. LINK
Just a few examples. Everything else seems up to date on the site though

EDIT: HAHA It doesn't even have randy listed as training at his own gym!!!! LINK
higdon10
11/27/08 12:21:32PM
Edgar has superb wrestling and a good chin, I don't see Wiman beating him.