My hands smell like "ASS"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » My hands smell like "ASS"
3/27/08 9:42:56PM
Every time i come home from training and wip my face or put my hands anywere close to my nose, i smell my hands and they smell like straight DO DO. I was wondering what kind of soap or dis-inffectant you guys use to prevent that. Also anything i can spray or put on my gloves and shin pads as well. I have tryed baby powder and that dosn't seem to work.
Rush
3/27/08 11:51:33PM
I don't know what to say. I've done Kendo and nothing smells worse than bogu (Kendo armour) because it can never be washed (and you sweat like a pig in it). However, it never smelled like an ass.

As for your equipment, if it is vinyl you can use about 1 part bleach to 9 parts water and wipe them down. Just make sure you rinse well, otherwise the residual bleach will burn your skin. If it is any other material the bleach will mess up the dyes (of course)

The best is to use liquid detergent for clothing. soak them in the tub for a while. Then rinse them off really well. Repeat if necessary. The key is not letting your stuff get to that point. The reason people get infections (like staph) is because they don't clean their equipment regularly and/or wear dirty clothes for training.

It will also help to wash your hands before you train. Besides, it's a good habit to wash your hands (with soap and water) many times throughout the day anyways.
Mastodon2
3/28/08 9:48:42AM
I just spray my gear down with an an antibacterial deodouriser like Dettol. Kills the bacteria, which prevents stink in the long run and removes any odour that might have already built up. For your hands, I'd reccomend any antibacterial hand soap.
Rush
3/28/08 10:17:47AM
I wanted to add. Please don't take my comments as harsh or that you don't wash yourself. It's just that, I've worked out in a gym for 8 years or more and notice that some guys' ideas of a shower consist of rinsing themselves off with water and toweling. Believe me, there are some guys that you can smell from 10 feet away and leave a trail of stink.

So I was just being blunt about how to fix the problem.
3/28/08 11:58:02AM

Posted by Rush

I don't know what to say. I've done Kendo and nothing smells worse than bogu (Kendo armour) because it can never be washed (and you sweat like a pig in it). However, it never smelled like an ass.

As for your equipment, if it is vinyl you can use about 1 part bleach to 9 parts water and wipe them down. Just make sure you rinse well, otherwise the residual bleach will burn your skin. If it is any other material the bleach will mess up the dyes (of course)

The best is to use liquid detergent for clothing. soak them in the tub for a while. Then rinse them off really well. Repeat if necessary. The key is not letting your stuff get to that point. The reason people get infections (like staph) is because they don't clean their equipment regularly and/or wear dirty clothes for training.

It will also help to wash your hands before you train. Besides, it's a good habit to wash your hands (with soap and water) many times throughout the day anyways.

It isn't so much that they smell like literal "ASS" it is just they smell bad from sweat in general. Im basicly wondering on the most effective way to get rid of the smell. By the way, i understand what you mean about washing yourself belive me i actually take time to wash all of my stuff if i used it as well as my body. I appreciae the advice though.
kMMAs
3/28/08 4:00:42PM
It wont help with the smell of gloves, but defense saop is supposed to be pretty good for prevention of combat sport realated skin conditions (staph, ring worm, etc..)

www.defensesoap.com
bayonetxwork
3/28/08 7:36:09PM
get your man card punched
3/29/08 8:04:20PM
Thanks for the advice guys , much appreciated.