MC Hammer gets into the MMA business

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MC Hammer gets into the MMA business
jae_1833
7/30/10 10:27:11PM
link
Stanley Burrell, also known as MC Hammer, announced today that he's getting into the MMA business with Alchemist Management, a new management and "brand-building" firm based out of Los Angeles.
The firm has amassed several high-profile MMA names, including former UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and veterans Vladimir Matyushenko, Jorge Rivera, Jared Hamman, Antoni Hardonk and James McSweeney. Current Strikeforce middleweight contender Tim Kennedy has also signed on.
xtra_chewy
7/30/10 11:24:58PM
I knew he was too legit to quit.
meier
7/30/10 11:45:46PM
hey heeeey!!!
fonduktoe
7/31/10 12:15:30AM
please hammer, don't hurt 'em
DCRage
7/31/10 7:17:14AM
STOP! Hammer Time! (And what about this warrants that "So Sad" tag? This actually is kinda cool)
grappler0000
7/31/10 12:00:12PM
Yeah, he was at this year's fan expo...Ariel or someone has an interview with him out there somewhere.
RearNakedJoke
7/31/10 2:47:49PM
how are they going to fight in those baggy genie pants?
gartface
7/31/10 9:05:24PM
Good for him.
jae_1833
7/31/10 9:09:16PM

Posted by DCRage

STOP! Hammer Time! (And what about this warrants that "So Sad" tag? This actually is kinda cool)

I just don't think that he will be "legit" as we would expect....he is a very religous guy so I am not thinking that he would be into crookedness or anything, I just don't think he is anything more than a gimmick, no offense but what kind of management skills does a guy who went from multi millionaire to nearly broke have??
noahgenda
8/1/10 2:44:13AM
i was about to say, i really dont think i would want mc hammer managing my image or money
DCRage
8/1/10 11:46:55AM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by DCRage

I just don't think that he will be "legit" as we would expect....he is a very religous guy so I am not thinking that he would be into crookedness or anything, I just don't think he is anything more than a gimmick, no offense but what kind of management skills does a guy who went from multi millionaire to nearly broke have??

But he's 2 LEGIT-2 LEGIT 2 QUIT!
EliasG
8/1/10 3:42:16PM
He's a guy that had nothing....became a multi-millionaire, lost it all because he paid too much for a house (hey Lebron) and paid his entourage 500 Grand a year (Hey Lebron) and then made a few million back.

Pretty interesting story really. Not many guys are worth 33 million lose it all and then become a millionaire again.