Hammens Hammy

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hammens Hammy
Gogoplatapus
8/12/12 7:55:54PM
http://cagejunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/20120811-232739.jpg

"Picture of Jared Hamman's TORN Hamstring after Kuiper fight. Apparently after a leg kick the hamstring detached from the bone. Ouch." - Muaar on r/mma
pmoney
8/12/12 8:22:59PM
If there was an emoticon that properly expressed my feelings about that... oh wait!

DrivenDavies15
8/12/12 8:51:32PM
That's insane! Doesn't look like he'll be fighting for some time... wonder if the UFC will cut him or not.
sbulldavid
8/12/12 9:02:17PM
I had a similar injury from a kick but it was on my quad, was the most painful thing ever.
Kpro
8/12/12 9:04:54PM
Man, no wonder it was right after that that he started getting tagged if I remember right. Gotta kill any power on your punches and obviously your footwork. He toughed it out as good as he could though. That looks painful just to stand on.
prophecy033
8/12/12 9:21:28PM
That's nasty
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/12 10:10:27PM
Could have been stopped after R1.

It was said in the results thread, Hamman should get a new profession.
tcunningham
8/12/12 10:18:37PM
Hammen is a tough SOB. to keep fighting after that injury was crazy. BUT, a loss is a loss. i think they will fix him and then cut him. i for one would like to see one more fight for him in the ufc.
sparky
8/13/12 5:35:24AM
HOLY SHIT
BlueSkiesBurn
8/13/12 6:32:57AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I'm not even sure what this means.
aussiemma
8/13/12 8:00:48AM
kuiper can now say ' i one kicked a guy so hard in the leg that his muscle fell of his bone'

nasty ! from memory of the fight i thought it was the left leg that got injured.
lohmann
8/13/12 8:06:04AM
Ouch.

No wonder he looked like a drunken zombie when round two started. He proved his toughness fighting on that, especially with Kuiper executing the obvious and slapping Hamman's leg with kicks.

Posted by aussiemma

nasty ! from memory of the fight i thought it was the left leg that got injured.

If I recall correctly, after the fight Hamman grabbed the right one in pain.

shaneTpain
8/13/12 9:40:40AM
Can't believe he fought another round with that
aussiemma
8/13/12 11:08:19AM

Posted by lohmann

Ouch.

No wonder he looked like a drunken zombie when round two started. He proved his toughness fighting on that, especially with Kuiper executing the obvious and slapping Hamman's leg with kicks.

Posted by aussiemma

If I recall correctly, after the fight Hamman grabbed the right one in pain.

yeah i know he clutched the right leg, but im saying i remember seeing a massive leg kick to the left leg but cannot recall the right.
Theoutlaw08
8/13/12 11:58:31AM
Puke. I yanked my hammy in football one year. Terrible injury. Luckily it was the last game of the season for us. I caught a 50 year fly down the sideline. And during the catch my hammy went. I was tackled. We were in the hurry up since it was toward the end of the game. I told out current QB at the time to go to WR, told him my hammy was junk. Coach was yelling on the sidelines like crazy because he didnt know i was hurt. I called the play from shot gun and threw a 22 yard post to the original QB for a TD on the next play. We didnt recovery the onside kick and we missed moving on to State. It was a pretty fun sequence of events, but I was on the shelf for the next 3 months. Was really hard to walk and do things....sucked big time.
Pookie
8/13/12 2:52:06PM
He was kicked in the left leg. The injury didnt occur because of the impact of the kick, it occured when he tried to regain his balance on the other leg.
prozacnation1978
8/13/12 4:16:21PM
Yuck. He will be out for awhile. I wonder if the Ufc still cuts him
aussiemma
8/13/12 9:26:47PM

Posted by Pookie

He was kicked in the left leg. The injury didnt occur because of the impact of the kick, it occured when he tried to regain his balance on the other leg.

aaahhhh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Aether
8/14/12 7:22:30PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I'm not even sure what this means.

I said it, because the guy has poor striking defense and a really solid chin. Bad combination. He sticks his head up in the air and takes an absolutely insane amount of head shots in just about every fight. I really think that if he keeps fighting he has a good chance of ending up with pugilistic dementia. The end of that fight with Kuiper was one of the few times where I thought a fight should be stopped even though he was still standing, it was getting pretty brutal.

He's one of the toughest dudes I've ever seen, but it could be to his detriment, it's not good to absorb the kind of damage that he absorbs on a regular basis. His choice though, obviously.
babalu46
8/15/12 7:14:46PM
White on Hamman

Didn't realise his opponents records were so good