Hamill vs Holman FREE on YouTube

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hamill vs Holman FREE on YouTube
bigpetey22
3/6/07 1:59:25PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ0hGEMJQLE
Rich78
3/6/07 2:03:18PM
Cheers mate, not watched it yet..... wanna see Rex Holman get beat for costing me some significant wagers lol!!!!!
Playground_Samurai
3/6/07 2:15:11PM
Thanks for the link. I'm a Hamill fan and I don't wanna take anything away from him or anything but Holman looked horrible. Good showing for Hamill though.
madmarck
3/6/07 2:21:19PM
the fight looks good. It will probably be taken down soon.
SICKRICK
3/6/07 2:22:51PM
hammil will probably not be in mma for long... he doesnt really have it
Rich78
3/6/07 2:24:59PM
I wasn't a Hamill fan, probably for being a Bisping fan through TUF but I must say i like the guy after watching that fight. Holman did suck tho but he was made to look poor by Hamill who also seems like a nice lad in the interview.
cowcatcher
3/6/07 2:26:46PM
what doesn't he have??? he's a wrestler that knows LNP(it sucks but it can work) and is learning GNP as he goes. wrestlers can make an easy switch into MMA after a couple of years of BJJ and MT and the kid is a hard worker and must be improving to keep getting UFC matches
bigpetey22
3/6/07 3:21:15PM
I definitely think Hamill is a tough kid with alot of heart. He is a work in progress and the fans love him. Dana is going to keep feeding him weaker fighters until he proves he's worthy.
Ydoc
3/6/07 3:50:26PM
The Hammer? I know it ties into his name nicely, but it doesn't really fit him. I'd go with something that says he controls the match, like "Puppet Master" or "Manipulater."

Nifty little match. But I'm still interested in seeing him take a solid hit to the head again, since that was his big thing on TUF 3. Then maybe we'll know if he's the real deal or not.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/6/07 3:53:22PM
Hamill is getting better man,you can tell his striking has improved from his last fight

Ed Herman also sucks at striking,but he's a great wrestler with good ground game

the only thing that Hamill has is a big Ego and tries too hard to impress....like that spinning back kick he tried for example....he's no striker right now so he shouldnt try and strike with opponents
pv3Hpv3p
3/6/07 4:15:36PM
Thanks for the link, man... I was interested in seeing this fight and couldn't find it the other day... Thanks again
JoeMimic
3/6/07 4:46:00PM
In my opinion Hamill's standup still sucks; His punches looked crisper but his hands were down most of the time and thats is asking for trouble in the 205lb division.
The_Crippler
3/6/07 4:47:19PM
i love matt hamilll
WOOOOOO
dstlvb
3/6/07 5:49:18PM
Whats not to like about Hamill. He is very athletic, good condioting, and is very willing to learn. You should want guys like this in the UFC. Nobody is saying he is a contender yet, far from it. He is an undercard fighter with a fairly large upside. To me that is what the UFC should be bringing in.

P.S Did any one else notice that he is out of Cinncinati now not Las Vegas. Did he leave Punishment?
Berti
3/6/07 5:58:57PM
he doesnt have his hearing which is semi important;.he has no striking, he has no sense of finishing...true green bean.
Stickan
3/6/07 6:33:22PM
I hope Hamill gets a title shot soon.

I wanna see Chuck knock his ass out and teach him to keep his hands up.
gspfan31
3/6/07 6:53:41PM

Posted by JoeMimic

In my opinion Hamill's standup still sucks; His punches looked crisper but his hands were down most of the time and thats is asking for trouble in the 205lb division.

agree with the part about his hands being down, he looked very sloppy
madmarck
3/6/07 7:19:04PM
wow Matt Hammil weighed in at 202 for this fight. You think that was by accident or he just didnt cut any wiehgt? If so he could defintily make it to MW.
MMA
3/6/07 10:05:19PM
Here are 2 more preliminary fights:

Jamie Varner vs Jason Gilliam

Jon Fitch vs Luigi Fioranvanti

Credit to jU-iCe from another MMA forum.
Nacho
3/6/07 10:44:57PM
I'll cheer for the guy. Great wrestler, improving mma fighter. Maybe someday he'll be a great mma fighter.
JimiMak
3/6/07 11:35:21PM
I don't think he'll ever be champ, but he's a good wrestler with a lot of heart. He's also a very likable underdog. I think a lot of times ppl give up on a fighter as soon as they realize they'll never be great. I don't want to see guys like that fight for titles, but if they are entertaining we'll always need undercard fighters and stepping stone fighters to test green guys (as well as smaller promotions and "minor leagues", but that's a diff topic). I think they'll keep him around a good while unless he racks up a lot of losses against guys that they thought they were feeding to him. Who knows he may exceed all of our expectations.

BTW thanks for the link. If you didn't already you might wanna post this in the archives.
illinifighter
3/7/07 11:31:58AM
im impressed at how much better Hammil got since his earlier match where he laid on Seth Petruzelli, a lot more training and he could be a force to be reckoned with
Mitchell740
10/3/07 7:13:26PM

Posted by dstlvb

Whats not to like about Hamill. He is very athletic, good condioting, and is very willing to learn. You should want guys like this in the UFC. Nobody is saying he is a contender yet, far from it. He is an undercard fighter with a fairly large upside. To me that is what the UFC should be bringing in.

P.S Did any one else notice that he is out of Cinncinati now not Las Vegas. Did he leave Punishment?

I didn't notice that, but with Tito being in the same weight class do you think he would ever teach Hamil how to GnP as good as him?