HALO: The Movie

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » HALO: The Movie
MikeyG
12/17/08 10:06:45AM
bojangalz
12/17/08 10:20:40AM
There is no way in hell that movie is going to be any good. Damnit Hollywood! Why do they have to sully the good name of a game franchise with a shitty movie.

This sort of stuff never goes well. I can't remember a single example of a good game with translated to a good movie. The same goes for movies turned into games. bad relationship all the way around.
browneye
12/17/08 12:46:47PM
Its coming out to soon if they would build on it for about another year or so it could be awesome what about the potential of them making a Gears of War movie
dannyfrank
12/17/08 3:49:46PM

Posted by browneye

Its coming out to soon if they would build on it for about another year or so it could be awesome what about the potential of them making a Gears of War movie

they already have the GOW movie in the works. the original script for the movie was written by the dude who did 3:10 to yuma, 30 days of night, and the first pirates on the caribbean. that being said, i think the gears movie does have some potential to be good. not too sure about halo though
SpiderSilva
12/17/08 5:20:53PM
I don't know it looked all right it didn't give much of a story I don't think that would be the begaining of the movie ehh time will tell
Wolfenstein
12/17/08 5:45:18PM
I enjoyed the Resident Evil movies and the first Tomb Raider, but that's about it. Idon't exactly have high hopes for the Halo film. I just don't think the story is ideal material for a movie.

One game that would translate well if handled correctly...God of War.
MikeyG
12/17/08 6:36:54PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I enjoyed the Resident Evil movies and the first Tomb Raider, but that's about it. Idon't exactly have high hopes for the Halo film. I just don't think the story is ideal material for a movie.

One game that would translate well if handled correctly...God of War.

im gonna have to disagree, even tho the trailer isnt the greatest and im not exactly sure if that will be the final trailer but i think halo is a great game for films, i know a lot of others have failed in that category but if given the right production team and director it could be epic

tbh halo seems like it'd be an easier movie to make than gears of war, thats a compliment to gears of war
Wolfenstein
12/17/08 7:40:18PM
Box office estimates anyone? Big bomb or great success?
bigbubbano23
12/18/08 1:21:44AM
thats whats on xbox live it's not the movie just a discovery channel example of what it could be.
ShadowxBox
12/18/08 12:43:37PM
The vids are fanmade... Never was really a fan of Halo. Overrated game