Well, I just finished Halo (part 1) on Legendary last night. I did it using no tips and no cheats, just old fashioned personal strategy. The "Hold me" thing at the end was funny.
Anyhoo, I'd like to get into Halo 2, but Microsoft are being Nazis and trying to force me to by Windows Vista just to play this game so it might be some time before I play in on PC (BTW, I don't have an Xbox in case you have noticed
Any how, are there any players out there? What are your favorite weapons in the game? Strategies? Other stuff?
When I first started playing I really tried to keep the covanent weapons, but as I got better, I prefer the human weapons. I am pretty much happy if I have a pistol, shotgun and sniper rifle. I can kill any enemy easily with these three guns. Rocket launchers are really only good for taking out vehicles. I love a fully loaded scorpion or warhog too.
Some of my "strategies"
Best weapon for grunts and jackals is the pistol and frag grenade (worst - needler for jackals and none for grunts)
Best weapon for elites is needler and plasma grenades (worst - pistol, if the elites have shields)
Best weapon for hunters is pistol or shotgun (worst - machine gun)
Best weapon for flood is shotgun and frag grenade (worst - sniper rifle)
Best weapon for sentinels is needler or plasma rifle (worst - machine gun or pistol)
- Don't be afraid to get on the back of a warthog and man the gun yourself. It kicks ass. I've pulled up in front of rooms full of elites and grunts and jumped out of the driver seat to the gun and laced the room with firepower.
- If you like the sniper rifle, keep it even if it is out of ammo. There are a lot of dead marines around that carry sniper rifle ammo.
Some other fun stuff I like doing.
- Making elites jump off cliffs by tossing a grenade next to them.
- Getting plasma grenades to stick to enemies from a distance so far that they cannot even shoot me.
- Melee attacking sleeping grunts
Some stuff I wish was in the game or knew how to do
- toss a grenade behind me, whilst running
- carry more weapons at once than just two
- carry more grenades and ammo at once
- keeping a great gun when advancing to the next level