Halo fans?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Halo fans?
Rush
4/6/08 12:18:06PM
Hi all

Well, I just finished Halo (part 1) on Legendary last night. I did it using no tips and no cheats, just old fashioned personal strategy. The "Hold me" thing at the end was funny.

Anyhoo, I'd like to get into Halo 2, but Microsoft are being Nazis and trying to force me to by Windows Vista just to play this game so it might be some time before I play in on PC (BTW, I don't have an Xbox in case you have noticed )

Any how, are there any players out there? What are your favorite weapons in the game? Strategies? Other stuff?

When I first started playing I really tried to keep the covanent weapons, but as I got better, I prefer the human weapons. I am pretty much happy if I have a pistol, shotgun and sniper rifle. I can kill any enemy easily with these three guns. Rocket launchers are really only good for taking out vehicles. I love a fully loaded scorpion or warhog too.

Some of my "strategies"
Best weapon for grunts and jackals is the pistol and frag grenade (worst - needler for jackals and none for grunts)
Best weapon for elites is needler and plasma grenades (worst - pistol, if the elites have shields)
Best weapon for hunters is pistol or shotgun (worst - machine gun)
Best weapon for flood is shotgun and frag grenade (worst - sniper rifle)
Best weapon for sentinels is needler or plasma rifle (worst - machine gun or pistol)

- Don't be afraid to get on the back of a warthog and man the gun yourself. It kicks ass. I've pulled up in front of rooms full of elites and grunts and jumped out of the driver seat to the gun and laced the room with firepower.
- If you like the sniper rifle, keep it even if it is out of ammo. There are a lot of dead marines around that carry sniper rifle ammo.

Some other fun stuff I like doing.
- Making elites jump off cliffs by tossing a grenade next to them.
- Getting plasma grenades to stick to enemies from a distance so far that they cannot even shoot me.
- Melee attacking sleeping grunts

Some stuff I wish was in the game or knew how to do
- toss a grenade behind me, whilst running
- carry more weapons at once than just two
- carry more grenades and ammo at once
- keeping a great gun when advancing to the next level
bullettdodger
4/6/08 1:42:02PM
If we're talking Halo, then my favorite weapon combo back in the day was Sniper Rifle and Pistol (the pistol no longer zooms in halo 2, so they nerf'd it). Halo2 set up is where they introduced the Battle Rifle, more accurate Assault Rifle that fires in three shot burst. (excellent for putting 3 bullets in someone's dome real quick) So naturally as the pistol was nerf'd i went BR (battle rifle) and Sniper... Now when you get to Halo3 nothing much in the way of weaponry had changed, some new additions, some tweaks to the reload (in two you can't reload dual wielded weapons separately, leaving you vulnerable) some new nades and some new maps... Halo2.5 imo but still fun to play with your buddies.
Rush
4/6/08 2:54:47PM

Posted by bullettdodger

If we're talking Halo, then my favorite weapon combo back in the day was Sniper Rifle and Pistol (the pistol no longer zooms in halo 2, so they nerf'd it). Halo2 set up is where they introduced the Battle Rifle, more accurate Assault Rifle that fires in three shot burst. (excellent for putting 3 bullets in someone's dome real quick) So naturally as the pistol was nerf'd i went BR (battle rifle) and Sniper... Now when you get to Halo3 nothing much in the way of weaponry had changed, some new additions, some tweaks to the reload (in two you can't reload dual wielded weapons separately, leaving you vulnerable) some new nades and some new maps... Halo2.5 imo but still fun to play with your buddies.

Ah man, the zoom for the pistol was the best.

How effective do you find the dual wield? I used it as a noob due to the fact that my aim and control was off, but now I don't think it would be useful other than maybe fighting guys that move around a lot.
iwannabesedated
4/6/08 3:35:44PM
The noob combo to me was to charge the plasma pistol then one shot with the battle rifle works like a gem...I've played all the halo's on xbox not sure if there is a big difference between that and the PC versions..but a fully charged plasma pistol and then 1 shot from the Battle Rifle will kill...Its been awhile since ive played halo im pretty sure the BR was on the original halo..i know 2 and 3 it is..
Rush
4/6/08 3:44:59PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

The noob combo to me was to charge the plasma pistol then one shot with the battle rifle works like a gem...I've played all the halo's on xbox not sure if there is a big difference between that and the PC versions..but a fully charged plasma pistol and then 1 shot from the Battle Rifle will kill...Its been awhile since ive played halo im pretty sure the BR was on the original halo..i know 2 and 3 it is..

I know the graphics are improved on the PC version, probably due to the fact that they PC version was released years after the Xbox one. Here are other differences:

Campaign mode is the exact same as on the Xbox, but here's what's new in Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer for the PC/Mac version.

Weapons
Fuel Rod Gun (added in multiplayer, but was in the campaign before as a non-wieldable weapon.)
Flamethrower (Was originally planned to be in the Xbox version but never appeared on screen). Very similar to the Halo 3 flamethrower.
Vehicles
Banshees (Added in Multiplayer, but was in the campaign before.)
Rocket Warthog (Absent from the Xbox version.)

Some changes were made from the Xbox version in the graphics. Jackal shields do not change color as they get damaged, and stationary shields have a different appearance as well.
Aaronno9
4/6/08 3:48:21PM
I only ever played halo 3 becouse i never had an original xbox, but my favorite guns are the sniper rifle, and that pistol/shotgun thing that the bad guys (sorry, i dont know any halo terminology) use, duel wielded. I like to just keep sniping from a distance, then when they get close pop them with that shotgun thing, usually only takes 2 hits.
iwannabesedated
4/6/08 3:51:43PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I know the graphics are improved on the PC version, probably due to the fact that they PC version was released years after the Xbox one. Here are other differences:

Campaign mode is the exact same as on the Xbox, but here's what's new in Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer for the PC/Mac version.

Weapons
Fuel Rod Gun (added in multiplayer, but was in the campaign before as a non-wieldable weapon.)
Flamethrower (Was originally planned to be in the Xbox version but never appeared on screen). Very similar to the Halo 3 flamethrower.
Vehicles
Banshees (Added in Multiplayer, but was in the campaign before.)
Rocket Warthog (Absent from the Xbox version.)

Some changes were made from the Xbox version in the graphics. Jackal shields do not change color as they get damaged, and stationary shields have a different appearance as well.

Yeah not much of a difference...But ever since i bought Call Of Duty 4 i havent touched Halo 3.Not sure if your a COD fan but my buddy plays PC and i was watching him play COD4 on it..and its just as cool as the XBOX and PS3 versions.I reccomend it for any 1st person shooter fans.
bullettdodger
4/6/08 3:55:11PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by bullettdodger

Ah man, the zoom for the pistol was the best.

How effective do you find the dual wield? I used it as a noob due to the fact that my aim and control was off, but now I don't think it would be useful other than maybe fighting guys that move around a lot.

Really depended on the situation for me, getting in close with 2 smg's and aiming low (low chest) on purpose works pretty good cause those things kick like a mule and will spray up for the head shot most of the time, good for guys that move around a lot, good for groups, best imo when you get the drop on someone.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/6/08 5:02:22PM
i love shotty sniper on any level

war halo!
hotrodttt
4/6/08 5:25:45PM
My weapons of choice are The Spartan Laser and The Energy Sword
casey64
4/7/08 10:09:48AM
Even though I dont have a xbox I have played it over at Masodd house it rocks!
MALICE
4/7/08 6:03:38PM

Posted by hotrodttt

My weapons of choice are The Spartan Laser and The Energy Sword

Energy Sword Hells Yeah!!!

Gotta say the Brute Shot is my favorite. That huge blade comes in handy.
GettinsomeBas
8/31/12 2:40:06PM
Halo was the first FPS I ever played on a console ... but Im a battlefield guy now a days