Hall Of Famers Missing

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hall Of Famers Missing
PaleHorse
12/3/08 1:21:29PM
The UFC is starting to rack up their Hall of Famers, they have Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, and Randy Couture but I think they left out some people from back then. The first big name to come to mind was Pat Miletich, now I know Miletich has had a lot to do with other organizations, mostly because of his fighters not all being able to fight in the UFC, I tried thinking of some other ones but its too early so help me out and give me some reasons.
DCRage
12/3/08 1:45:06PM
Miletich is coming back to fighting soon, he's headlining next week's Adrenaline card. I don't think Ken's coming back anytime soon (he was committed to EliteXC before), and while Severn's still going strong in smaller federations he's probably too old and too bland to be marketable enough to give him another shot despite his still being physically competitive.
Mayhem13
12/3/08 2:01:12PM
Bas Rutten.
hodge
12/3/08 2:03:46PM
Definatly Bas and i think Frank Shamrock deserves it
Wolfenstein
12/3/08 2:33:25PM
Personally I think it's too early to start doing Hall of Fame members. If they're going to do a HOF would like to see them selecting guys that have been out of competition for a minimum of five years.

The Mark Coleman selection I felt was a little iffy. Yeah he won two tournaments in a row and was the first UFC HW champ, but then he proceeded to lose his last 3 UFC fights. There's a case for him, but if I had been on a voting panel I think I would have passed him over.

I wouldn't choose anyone at the moment, until Matt Hughes retires. Then I would select him for being so dominant for a long period of time.
voodoo-jitsu
12/3/08 2:36:43PM
oleg taktarov
don frey
even tito as much as i dont like the guy

edit* good call wolfensein hughes blongs in there too
and i feel the same way about him as i do tito
aaa9erh8er
12/3/08 2:37:14PM
another who should be but wont is got to be tito. fo what he did while he was doing it. he was way more dominent that colman for sure
ncordless
12/3/08 3:10:07PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Personally I think it's too early to start doing Hall of Fame members. If they're going to do a HOF would like to see them selecting guys that have been out of competition for a minimum of five years.

The Mark Coleman selection I felt was a little iffy. Yeah he won two tournaments in a row and was the first UFC HW champ, but then he proceeded to lose his last 3 UFC fights. There's a case for him, but if I had been on a voting panel I think I would have passed him over.

I wouldn't choose anyone at the moment, until Matt Hughes retires. Then I would select him for being so dominant for a long period of time.

Shamrock lost his last three as well.
Franklinfan47
12/3/08 3:45:57PM
Personally, I like the HOF how it is right now. I think they would add more but it doesnt make sense to induct guys like hughes now when their still very active in their careers. In the future, here are some guys I would like to see inducted:

Frank Shamrock
Matt Hughes
Chuck Liddell
Tito Ortiz
Anderson Silva
Pride-Fighter
12/3/08 3:53:58PM
They have to put in Miletich, Don Frye, Tito, Frank Shamrock, and Matt Hughes in the short-medium term.
Longer term will have Chuck Liddell, Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva if he retires at the end of the year which is what he is saying now.
aaa9erh8er
12/3/08 4:45:58PM
ok thoughts on this im not saying i think hes worthy im just saying it for conversation jon fitch won 11 fights in row or someshit like that beating a record.now he never held a title only fought for it once hmmmmm also.not saying i dont like rich but hes in the conversation and not gsp.
higdon10
12/3/08 4:56:27PM
Nobody should be eligible to be inducted into the HOF until at least 3 years after they quit competing, much like other sports(most other sports are 5)

And I think that Hughes should be the next member, nobody else is really that worthy.
cmb19932
12/3/08 11:13:05PM
TANK
mentalcase
12/3/08 11:29:01PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Bas Rutten.

why cause he was gifted a belt

watch the randleman fight again (or for the first time cause it seems u may have missed it)

his ufc record should rightfully be 1-1
bobbydoomocculta
12/3/08 11:34:47PM

Posted by cmb19932

TANK

He was the first person I thought of, to tell you the truth... He was massively marketable back in the day... And argueably the most popular guy of they old school... regardless of his comeback, win/loss record and suspensions... I reckon he deserves to be in the hall of fame...
mentalcase
12/3/08 11:37:52PM

Posted by thevoodooninja

oleg taktarov
don frey
even tito as much as i dont like the guy

edit* good call wolfensein hughes blongs in there too
and i feel the same way about him as i do tito

wrestler189
12/4/08 1:41:44AM
I love Bas just as much as the next guy, but he fought twice in the UFC and won a close decision for the HW title. No way he is deserving
cmb19932
12/4/08 8:45:51AM
tank deserves to get in simply cause he was the first superstar
Hendo67
12/4/08 2:43:03PM
It's so hard to think of members, these guys will eventually get into the HOF. (in my opinion)

Chuck Liddell (17-5-0) 22 fights in UFC
Matt Hughes (15-5-0) 20 fights in UFC
Evan Tanner (12-6-0) 18 fights in UFC
Don Frye (9-1-0) 10 fights in UFC
Jens Pulver (6-2-1) 9 fights in UFC
Tank Abbott (8-10-0) 18 fights in UFC
Oleg Taktarov (6-2-1) 9 fights in UFC

gartface
12/4/08 3:19:52PM

Posted by Hendo67

It's so hard to think of members, these guys will eventually get into the HOF. (in my opinion)

Chuck Liddell (17-5-0) 22 fights in UFC
Matt Hughes (15-5-0) 20 fights in UFC
Evan Tanner (12-6-0) 18 fights in UFC
Don Frye (9-1-0) 10 fights in UFC
Jens Pulver (6-2-1) 9 fights in UFC
Tank Abbott (8-10-0) 18 fights in UFC
Oleg Taktarov (6-2-1) 9 fights in UFC

With everyone on the list.
bls1919
12/4/08 6:21:46PM
To me being in the HOF means your done fighting. So i would really only say Tank and Oleg. Both deserving ...................my bad forgot Oleg started fighting again. but at 40 probably won't make another run at a title. I guess once a year really isn't back in action though. I really liked oleg. Tank just has had so much exposure from the early day he should be in there.
jocksmall
12/5/08 8:24:37PM
don frey
mrsmiley
12/6/08 9:42:59AM
I wouldn't pick Bas for the UFC hall of fame,but he should be in an overall MMA hall of fame at some point.