UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz says Jon Jones is mentally weak

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz says Jon Jones is mentally weak
Budgellism
9/7/12 11:34:02PM
Tito Ortiz said Jon Jones essentially threw him under the bus in a recent interview.

"I looked at it as he's just a weak guy," Ortiz told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "There's a lot of minds stronger than that. It shows how he can just fold.

"Mentally, if he gets pressed and pressed during interviews, and all of a sudden he just totally turns himself around, you can't be like that, man."

Jones told MMAFighting.com that he was hurt when UFC President Dana White compared him to Ortiz when discussing the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of UFC 151, which came after he turned down a short-notice fight with Chael Sonnen and the promotion elected to scrap the entire card.

That disappointed Ortiz, who said he stood up for the light-heavyweight champ when fans trashed him for turning down the fight.

"You can't be like that," he said. "You've got to stand for the things you believe in."

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
9/7/12 11:46:41PM
Touché Tito
warglory
9/8/12 12:53:04AM
Tito isn't exactly a bastion of civility and reason when he speaks. Dumb shit comes out of his face all the time.
BossHog
9/8/12 1:21:14AM
Sorry Tito I love you but...

"I WANNA SEE YOU GET IN HERE AND FIGHT WITH A FRACTURED SKULL!!!"

isk
9/8/12 1:55:54AM
Tito's got a point. That said, what I noticed most in article is that every point comes back to being about Tito and what he does or did in his career. Self-marketing's important in this business, but wow, it's okay to turn it off for a minute and talk like a normal human being.
Shawn91111
9/8/12 9:12:56AM
Rashad as well as Jones' actions have confirmed this.
george112
9/8/12 9:26:57AM
A little off topic but I'd throw Forrest Griffin on the list of mentally weak people also
JoeWarren33
9/8/12 2:17:00PM

A little off topic but I'd throw Forrest Griffin on the list of mentally weak people also

Good call, couldnt agree anymore.
Jones is getting too much spotlight of late for the wrong reasons. I'm honestly tired of hearing about him daily.

fonduktoe
9/11/12 1:02:10PM
he's not mentally weak....he's mentally vacant