UFC Hall Of Famer And MMA Legend Dan Severn Blasts Dana White And The UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Hall Of Famer And MMA Legend Dan Severn Blasts Dana White And The UFC
wolfgarnaud
11/8/07 12:34:53AM
Dan Severn is a UFC Hall of Famer and MMA legend. Fighting since the mid-nineties, he has amassed an outstanding record of 79-14-7. He is one of the pioneers of the sport and the first true wrestler to win a UFC event. Severn recently sat down with Percy Crawford of fighthype.com to get us caught up on his life the past several years, give us his thoughts on the UFC and Dana White, and much more.

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2007/117/ufc_307589.shtml
Rush
11/8/07 8:09:44AM
Glad to see that Severn has spoken about the state of UFC management. Well said Dan.
ohiostate1016
11/8/07 10:20:25AM
Wow. First of all, Dan Severn is an idiot. He claims that he doesn't know who the head of the UFC is, but I'll tell him right now. It's Dana White. The Fertitta's are like silent partners, and really only contribute when Dana asks them to. It doesn't matter if Dana only owns 10% of the UFC, he's still the President and head of the company. He was put in charge to make decisions, and that's what he does.

Dan may not like Dana's decisions (for personal reasons or whatever), but how can he destroy the UFC today? It's more popular than it ever was, and that's good for MMA. Dan doesn't realize that he wouldn't be fighting in those smaller shows if it wasn't for Dana. MMA could have died if Zuffa didn't take over the UFC. And then Dan would be an old fart wrestling on the indie circuit.

But I bet his life is a little better becuase of Dana...
FantasyFighter
11/8/07 10:31:28AM
Dan is a classy guy. Kinda crazy how he filled out and sent in an entry form out of a magazine and thats how he applied to be in UFC. Too funny.
roadking95th
11/8/07 1:33:42PM
Wow, you should respect your elders boy. Dan owes nothing to Dana. He would be doing exactly what he is doing today if Zuffa never came along. Do a little research.
rcg916
11/8/07 1:57:08PM

Posted by roadking95th

Wow, you should respect your elders boy. Dan owes nothing to Dana. He would be doing exactly what he is doing today if Zuffa never came along. Do a little research.

You should respect people in general, and refrain from calling someone "boy"...

Oh... And you make no sense. He would be doing what he is today? What, fighting guys with losing records in small shows for a paycheck, and being accused of working fights?

So, I guess maybe you should do a little research yourself, Einstein.
roadking95th
11/8/07 2:48:15PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by roadking95th

You should respect people in general, and refrain from calling someone "boy"...

Oh... And you make no sense. He would be doing what he is today? What, fighting guys with losing records in small shows for a paycheck, and being accused of working fights?

So, I guess maybe you should do a little research yourself, Einstein.

I guess I shouldn't have used boy, though he is 18, perhaps young man, but anyway, I was refering to his age and the respect thing is a saying. Though I didn't know about the accusations, I do know about his camps for wrestling, speaking engagements, police training, etc... I don't believe any of those would be to greatly affected by Zuffa. One could make the arguement his mma seminars would suffer. But yes, you should respect everyone, so I will be waiting for your apology. Damn, rcg916, you are always such a hardass, thats why I like your posts. Well, most of the time anyway