UFC Hall Of Fame To Add Two During UFC 100 Weekend

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Hall Of Fame To Add Two During UFC 100 Weekend
Next Page »
DCRage
5/7/09 6:45:58AM
While who the newest members will be isn't known, it was revealed yesterday that 2 more fighters will be added to the UFC Hall Of Fame during UFC 100 weekend at the UFC Fan Expo. They will become the 6th & 7th members of the UFC Hall Of Fame.

Article
KingCreep
5/7/09 7:48:12AM
i'm gonna guess it'll be chuck and bj, maybe not bj but for sure chuck.
Loot613
5/7/09 8:26:00AM
Tito and Chuck but who knows they could go Hughes and Frank Shamrock....

If not for current ownership bias Tita and Frank are shoe ins...
mentalcase
5/7/09 8:39:03AM
my guess chuck and hughes
The_Italian_Stallion
5/7/09 8:57:22AM

Posted by mentalcase

I agree with this one... the most logical of choices
KingCmb
5/7/09 9:01:59AM
don fry? evan tanner?
DCRage
5/7/09 9:31:23AM
I think Chuck is very likely, not so sure about the other. Tanner definitely is good, I thought that it could be Rich Franklin but he's still active.
Jackelope
5/7/09 9:44:14AM
Chuck and Hughes are a good bet. I'd like to see Tanner added, too
theguido
5/7/09 10:02:03AM
I say give it to Kimo and TANK
roadking95th
5/7/09 10:16:13AM
I always thought Chuck and Hughes would be the next two inducted. But I am leaning against Hughes because he is still active, and a another candidate comes to mind. , though that didn't stop from inducting Coleman.

If it were up to me, I'd make it Chuck and Frye. Chuck because he is supposedly retiring. Frye because he is long over due for this recognition, probably the first well rounded wrestler in the UFC. See Mazzagati cower at the site of a real man's moustache! That would be awesome!
amicali
5/7/09 10:25:13AM

Posted by roadking95th

See Mazzagati cower at the site of a real man's moustache! That would be awesome!

hahahahaahhahahaha love it
4u2nv
5/7/09 10:30:19AM
don fry and tanner.
finnish_line
5/7/09 11:33:47AM

I don't think Tanner deserves it, to be honest.
Jackelope
5/7/09 12:01:53PM

Posted by finnish_line

I don't think Tanner deserves it, to be honest.

I hear this junk all the time. The dude was a MW champ, one of the first truly popular UFC stars, changed the game with "tanner elbows", and has 17 UFC fights with a winning record. Plus, you can tell by the reactions from fans to his death that he meant a lot to them. What other reasons do you need?

And before you pull that "It's only because he died" stuff, realize (and go back into the past posts if you need to) that people have been calling for him to be a HoF'er since long before he died.
gcraig22
5/7/09 12:09:45PM
Evan Tanner and Bas Rutten should be the two to get in.
prozacnation1978
5/7/09 12:21:05PM
evan tanner has to be one of them

other chuck if he retires or i would have to go with either tank, frank shamrock, or bas rutten
MaxOne
5/7/09 12:34:47PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

Posted by mentalcase

I agree with this one... the most logical of choices

that'd be my guess as well but i could see them going with tanner if it isn't one of those two.
im2fast4u1981
5/7/09 1:35:07PM
I think it will be hughes and chuck...would really like 2 c evan tanner get in as well.... as far as guys like frank shamrock and tito i dont think u will ever c them inducted...as long as dana has anything 2 say about it
MMAcca
5/7/09 1:43:57PM
My prediction and the two i beleive it should be:

Helio Gracie

Charles 'Mask' Lewis

EDIT: You heard it here first
Shawn91111
5/7/09 1:46:09PM
Big John McCarthy ...Chuck is a going to be 1....Hughes or Tanner the other. Tito an outside shot
Hooligan
5/7/09 2:56:42PM

Posted by MMAcca My prediction and the two i beleive it should be: Helio Gracie Charles 'Mask' Lewis EDIT: You heard it here first
Hooligan
5/7/09 3:11:29PM

Posted by MMAcca My prediction and the two i beleive it should be: Helio Gracie Charles 'Mask' Lewis EDIT: You heard it here first
Wow. Fantastic all. I hope that's the case. That would be justice for sure. I hadn't even considered them. Props. Also, I would love to see Tanner, he deserves it based off his accomplishments & huge fan support. If we could vote he would get mine. But does anyone think that the controversy surrounding his death might keep him out of it? I mean, none of us want to think the worst, but let's face it, no one will ever know what was really going on him out there. And the worst case scenario could have been what really happened. Thoughts? Lastly, WHEN Hughes gets inducted how bad are the boos gonna get, although unfairly?
Canadian-Pain
5/7/09 3:58:50PM
MASK and Chuck
mshalosky
5/7/09 4:15:45PM
My guess is hughes and tanner or hughes and chuck but definetely hughes
fizzle
5/7/09 6:25:07PM
Possibly Jens Pulver, he certianly deserves to be in the HoF IMO. Also I agree with Tanner. The post of Mask and Heilio is also a good one.
Pookie
5/7/09 7:04:37PM
Chuck and Tanner are my guesses unless hughes has already stated to Dana white that hes retiring after he retires matt serra.
Gladiator
5/7/09 7:05:23PM
Pat Miletich and Chuck.
Naturaldisaster
5/7/09 7:36:27PM
My guess is its goin to be Chuck, and either Hughes, Tanner or Mask.

Ive seen people sayin Tank should be. why??? He was a drunk who beat people up in street fights and decided to step into the cage. He wasnt an mma fighter, He did nothin but brawl. He doesnt respect the other martial arts, hell he doesnt even do any martial arts, he just throws sloppy punches. not bashing the guy but I would never put him in the HOF. not to mention he has a losing record, He was 5-8 in the UFC.
ncordless
5/7/09 7:58:02PM
As long as Frank Shamrock is not in the UFC hall of fame the whole thing is a joke. He should be the next one in based on how dominant he was and how he revolutionized the sport by showing what a true well rounded mixed martial artist was and why conditioning was important.

It's possible it will be Hughes and Chuck, but I think the more likely scenario is Mask and Tanner.
roadking95th
5/7/09 11:11:41PM
Wow, some good responses.

For me, most likely:

Mask
Tanner
Chuck
Frye, wishful thinking
Hughes

I am now going Mask definitely and then either Chuck or Tanner.
Pages: [1] 2