UFC Hall-of-Famer Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar Set for August

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Hall-of-Famer Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar Set for August
SmileR
3/2/08 8:47:01AM
Mark Coleman’s (15-8 MMA, 6-3 UFC) induction into the UFC Hall of Fame came with an interesting footnote: he’s returning to the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar (1-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in August.

Just a few hours after the former Ohio State national wrestling champion and first-ever UFC heavyweight title-holder became the fifth fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, the 43-year-old fighter confirmed the bout to a sold-out crowd and pay-per-view audience.

Link
StevieC
3/2/08 10:23:32AM
If Brock loses his hype is done.
loonytnt
3/2/08 12:02:53PM
brock is going to win this one i think
juanez13
3/2/08 12:12:37PM
I taking Brock on this one, its a great match up for him, he is the bigger and better wrestler of the two, and coleman's submissions arent too good to say the least, Brock will take him down and pound him out in round 1. although i have a huge feeling that brock might try to stand with coleman to try his hands, and is gonna throw huge power punches, but its just a feeling, but brock is probably gonna take him down and work the ground.
npayant
3/2/08 12:26:06PM
Plus... Coleman is OLD and a has-been!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but IMO this is a joke! It reminds of something fake wrestling (WWE) would promote for huge ratings and money (it makes the UFC appear more trashy, sorry to say). It's just not a legitimate match-up IMO. It's very similar to Elite XC's making a mockery of Tank... the same same thing is going to happen to Coleman...he's just too old.

But, you can't blame Coleman... he's going to get a huge paycheck for almost doing nothing...
cmill21
3/2/08 1:04:31PM

Posted by npayant

I'm sorry, but IMO this is a joke! It reminds of something fake wrestling (WWE) would promote for huge ratings and money (it makes the UFC appear more trashy, sorry to say). It's just not a legitimate match-up IMO. It's very similar to Elite XC's making a mockery of Tank... the same same thing is going to happen to Coleman...he's just too old.

But, you can't blame Coleman... he's going to get a huge paycheck for almost doing nothing...

It's exactly like the Tank Kimbo fight, passing of the torch from the old school wrestler to new school wrestler.
LayinFrame
3/2/08 1:32:18PM
If coleman trains his ass off, he has got a great chance of defeating that freak of nature. His submissions are a little on the weak side, but he is a master at GnP. coleman is a vet, brock lesnar no matter how big and strong he is, still only has 2 official mma bouts under his belt. theres alot of room for error on his part. allthough if he takes coleman down to the ground, the chances of his old ass getting that giant off him is slim to none, he might brake a hip
Kpro
3/2/08 1:37:11PM
If I went into battle I'd go with a sword instead of hammer even though the hammer is more battle tested.
quezocrema0032
3/2/08 1:50:51PM

Posted by npayant

its not nearly as bad as kimbo tank ... imo it doesnt even come across as trashy colemen a ufc hall of famer desrves one more fite and y not lesner ... its a good fite for lesner 2 though he's gona win colemens gona have nothing off his back 2 beat brock wit =p
iwannabesedated
3/2/08 2:51:37PM
Well if the ufc wants to hype up Brock they sure as hell arent making it too easy for him.Kimbo and Tank was pretty much a joke EXC wants to hype Kimbo so they feed him an old ass Tank Abbott who is a Name in MMA but he played well to Kimbos styleto just come out and throw down and get KTFO.On the other hand the UFC gives their new hype machine Brock a bad matchup with a JJ guy like Mir who has alot of experience.So Props to the UFC for not giving Brock some bums to just beat up on.At least they wanna see if Brock got what it takes not just wanting him to go out and KO someone 10yrs out of his prime like Tank and Kimbo.
DCRage
3/2/08 3:05:14PM
Not terribly excited about this one, almost sounds like they're either trying to get Brock over or unintentionally bury him. Given how UFC usually is with guys on 2-3 fight losing streaks, it's like he's gotta win his next fight or he's gone.