Hackleman says Chuck should Quit

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Hackleman says Chuck should Quit
icebergsnoopy
6/16/10 11:43:15PM
jae_1833
6/17/10 12:45:08AM
1st Dana now Hackleman!! I was hoping for 1 last highlight KO over Tito....but when your 2 biggest supporters tell you to hang them up I guess your done.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/17/10 1:17:53AM
Health-wise, I think it's for the best. I know that Fleek and others have said "screw what others think, do what you want," but I think it's the best thing to do health wise. I thought he was seriously injured when he stayed down for that long.
Jackelope
6/17/10 1:29:04AM
I can appreciate how tough this must be for Chuck. I really feel for him.

We saw that his body is still capable of putting up the offensive fireworks. He's explosive, somewhat fast (for 40) and I'm sure his heart is still in the game without a doubt. The man embodies the warrior spirit... truly.

That being said I've thought from a medical standpoint he's best off retiring for a while now. I'm not going to tell the man what to do, though.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/17/10 1:33:04AM
That's pretty much what I thought. It looked worse than it probably was after Franklin KO'd him. The shot didn't look as solid as the one that Rashad landed but the after effects looked WAY worse. Zxandu and I were worried that something was really wrong when Dana was talking to Rich.
emfleek
6/17/10 8:53:54AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I know that Fleek and others have said "screw what others think, do what you want,"

And I stand by that. I'm a firm believer in doing what you want, when you want as long as you love doing it.

I'll support Chuck no matter what he chooses to do.
slapshot
6/17/10 2:21:02PM
I'm only a fanboy of four fighters.

Chuck, Randy, Rich and Matt, and its not so much that they all dominated a sport in the beginning of its rise but because they are the reason it started to be popular in the first place.

Back in the day nobody had high hopes for the UFC and these are the guys who could have went someplace else like pride and at the time made much more but they stuck it out through some of the hardest times the UFC has been through and ended up on the other side of the rainbow because of hard work dedication and a will to win.

Much respect for Chuck Im very sad to see him go.

Concussions dont heal they compound, doctors say that once you've had a concussion the only sure bet is you'll have another one if you keep doing the same things that gave you the first one and for Chuck I think its to the point that he's better safe than sorry, the man dose have children to raise and a full life most of us can only dream of waiting for him.

WAR LIDDELL!

gravy13
6/17/10 2:41:13PM
I would say do whatever you want, but he has kids. I think it might be selfish to keep taking that much abuse when you have children. He should care more about his children than himself and think about how his brain is going to be in years to come. It's not like each fight he's fighting to food on the table for his family. I don't know his bank statement, but I'd venture to guess he's pretty financially stable. I'm saying this and I always support Chuck, but getting knocked out that many times can have really bad long-term effects. He should retire for his health which in turn will be a retirement for his children. He doesn't have to end his career on a huge win. In my eyes he's already proven himself. His career is something to be proud of, in my opinion. Of course he's an adult and he can make his own decisions, but to quote the great, Harry Callahan, "A man's got to know his limitations."
BlueSkiesBurn
6/17/10 6:28:02PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I know that Fleek and others have said "screw what others think, do what you want,"

And I stand by that. I'm a firm believer in doing what you want, when you want as long as you love doing it.

I'll support Chuck no matter what he chooses to do.

I respect that, Fleek. I, however, will not respect it. I wouldn't want any of my friends doing something that I thought was unsafe and I wouldn't want Chuck to do it, either.
Taylor8766
6/18/10 12:16:50AM
If Chuck somehow manages to talk Dana and Hackleman into letting him have one more shot at fighting it will be against Tito, and I dont think that this is to out of the question considering there past and TUF. I just dont wanna see Chuck lose another fight like he did, it would just label him as a washed up fighter, granted hes one of the best of all time he needs to get out of the game.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/18/10 12:31:22AM
Honestly, I don't see his fight with Tito ending any differently. I'd HATE to see Chuck exit the game with a loss to Tito.